Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    While I liked this issue, certainly more than Marauders and X-force at least, it suffers from the same issue as the fight against Orchis, in that requires the story to forget Illyana exists and can teleport long distances. She could be at Sam's place in a second.
    She can't. Brisson and Hickman are operating on "she needs info about where she's porting before she goes there". That's why you get the line about the map.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Was that Empath with Hellions, rockslide and dust, and the two sisters of Monet too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just a bit of a pet peeve with the beginning but Dani and Roberto feel out of character when talking bad of human society. Not only was Dani a human herself not too long ago but when she was leading the New Mutants during the Schism era, she specifically chose not to live on Utopia but instead among humans to foster Xavier’s dream. And Roberto has been working with humans since Hickman’s Avengers run, even leading AIM. His life was even recently saved by one. Like I get it that the writers want to present mutant pride but moments like this just feel OOC for them.

Other than that peeve, it was a good first issue.
    Yeah, I'm blaming Hickman for that one; seems like his brand of unclear-dialogue. Plus, hasn't Dani always been as proud of her Cheyenne heritage as well as her mutant one? Would that have really changed over-night? I mean...she's still wearing what looks to be cultural-wear, so surely she wouldn't just renounce it like that under the same sentiment...? Hopefully she just meant 'ideologies' in the political and economic sense...the school stance I'm totally with her on, though.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    She can't. Brisson and Hickman are operating on "she needs info about where she's porting before she goes there". That's why you get the line about the map.
    Except this contradicts everything about her powers, and history, though. Plus, Roberto and other X-men were already in the Shi'ar throne world before, and could haved passes the directions, even telepathically.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except this contradicts everything about her powers, and history, though. Plus, Roberto and other X-men were already in the Shi'ar throne world before, and could haved passes the directions, even telepathically.
    Agreed. This is worse than when they forget that she can port through time (which is understandable). It makes no sense why she cant just port there

This was a kick. It’s funny, I’m not sure when Magik became one of my favorites but she is like the best in everything she’s in.

The art is fantastic. I'm in love. The little character bits - Magik and her Coffee, Monet and her sisters - are the sort of things that I really love in storytelling
    Last edited by nandes; 11-06-2019 at 11:37 AM.

BANNED

I adored this. That art. That panel of Rahne in the garden. Swoon. Easily my favourite art team in DOX so far.

The characterization was great, the dialogue was great, the chemistry between the characters was top notch. The whole thing was just a joy to read and i was smiling throughout. Corsair and the starjammers were a delight.

Dani and Roberto are such a great character pairing. Ugh, please let the quality remain once Hickman leaves.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. This is worse than when they forget that she can port through time (which is understandable). It makes no sense why she cant just port there
    I guess you really have to nerf Magik in order for this whole thing to work. Magik could just time travel to find out answers. (No need for Moria) Teleport anywhere in time and space, heck even outside reality. (No need for plants) She can even just use her Scrying pool to look into the past and future or any location anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The further Illyana ports in either time or space the more unstable the jump.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    She's improved a lot since the early new mutant days. She's been hopping to different galaxies, (black vortex) timelines ( going to doc strange weekly, getting the future x-men), etc... with ease.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I need a girl who looks at me the same way Illyana looked at that pot of coffee.

ffs.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Or maybe they reach some kind of agreement so a mutant squad will be residing in Benevolence as sort of a Garrison. Not necessarily the New Mutants. It would be wise not to put all the eggs in the same basket.
    Data page also mentionned the brood migrating patterns being messed up due to multiple nearby stars collapsing. So Im guessing euther dominions or Rasputin and Omega Sentinel will show up soon.

Incredible Member

They could have ask Lila Cheney to teleport them. She's a celestial-class teleport who actually has a minimum teleportation distance instead of maximum. She once teleported the X-Men from Earth to Deathbird's ship in Shi'ar space.
    Last edited by raidensix; 11-06-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    This isnt the early Claremont New Mutants days when she was a novice. The current Illyana is an experienced vet and has successfully done stable long distances jumps for years at this point