Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

This is my favourite Dawn of X book so far.
    >Funny and dramatic writing plus wonderful art.
    >The M Twins are now the Penance Twins! SO cute!
    >Mondo as a link to Krakoa that neither of them enjoys? I was hoping for something like that.
    >Is Krakoa taking all the available nutrients for itself and killing everything that isn't Krakoa in its immediate vicinity? I.e. the alien plants? If so, there's a scary metaphor for mutants there.
    >Illyana and the coffee? Perfection.
    >Chamber has Legion eyebrows, and Magik has Warlock angry eyes. The Sienkiewicz is strong with Reis.
    >Rushing off in the middle of hostile alien space to save people you don't know from dangers you don't know? And I thought Dani was supposed to be a tactician.
    >Can't say I disagree with Corsair. Leave the ungrateful little wretches. Clearly the New Mutants still have lessons to learn, and Pain is the great teacher.
    >I can't believe this fun ride is going to be derailed by The Misadventures of Glob and Friends. Ugh.

Favourite panels...
    nm1.jpg
    nm2a.jpg
    nm3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-06-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think the plan is write 5 or 6 issues
    He said 4 issues on the Off Panel podcast.

Yet another solid entry to the new DoX. Solid 4/5. I liked the art better than I thought I would, but it's not really as good as the other books, about on par with Yu on X-Men. It hurts me to say that as well because Yu at one point was one of the best in the game. The dialogue and story were dang near perfect for this book though. I could read a novel from Hickman writing Corsair and Bobby!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

bingman

the lawyer is Murd Blurdock from the Rocket series!

Incredible Member

Really liked the first issue and excited to see where this is going. The art was so much better than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Corsair is a pirate and it is also the logical thing to do. His crew can't resurrect, the New Mutants can. It makes no sense to sacrifice your life for them.
    They also were terrible guests to be honest and they did go off on their own regardless of the warnings so really it is there mess and they should clean it up...besides if they get killed they just come out of another pod.

Amazing Member

Very good first issue. I like the classical vibes of art style, it feels like back in the days when I first discovered the gang and that scene when Magik is being greedy with the magic coffee just got me! Can't wait to read more.

20191106_225921.jpg

Justice is blind and so are we!
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Better than I thought it would be, and I had high hopes.

Rod Reis is the star here.
    I liked the issue, but the ending felt kind of meh? I guess I was expecting a bigger sense of purpose behind this book.
    All the other titles have such strong and clear concepts. NM feels just like another reunion of the old gang.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    3 weeks. Next issue comes out November 27.
    Indeed. At the risk of over-answering the question, the schedule is very fast for every book, which ends up with all books coming out on one day:

16 Oct: X-men #1
    23 Oct: Marauders #1
    39 Oct: Excalibur #1
    06 Nov: New Mutants #1 / X-Force #1
    13 Nov: X-Men #2 / Fallen Angels #1
    20 Nov: Marauders #2 / Excalibur #2
    27 Nov: New Mutants #2 / X-Force #2 / Fallen Angels #2
    04 Dec: X-Men #3 / Excalibur #3 / Marauders #3
    11 Dec: New Mutants #3 / X-Force #3 / Fallen Angels #3
    18 Dec: X-Men #4/New Mutants #4/Excalibur #4/Marauders #4/X-Force #4/Fallen Angels #4

This is a pretty aggressive release schedule. It suggests some confidence in whatever they have lined up at that point and in January.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-07-2019 at 04:18 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Rod Reis is the star here.
    I liked the issue, but the ending felt kind of meh? I guess I was expecting a bigger sense of purpose behind this book.
    All the other titles have such strong and clear concepts. NM feels just like another reunion of the old gang.
    I suspect the purpose is more baked into the premise. We have seen the Shi’ar have had a big impact upon how mutants survive in Moira’s previous life, and we know that Hickman’s name is attached to this project specifically because he is setting up a key piece of his ongoing story. It need not be overt.

I totally agree that Reis is the stand-out in this issue. I love his Sienkiewicz nods and his overall colour choices. Krakoa looks amazing in this book.

For me some of the dialogue was over-written and personally I am not really a fan of many characters here (except Magik), but knowing this series is key will probably keep me popping in to see what is happening.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-07-2019 at 04:29 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

It's a lot more 'fun' than I expected it to be, in a meta kind of way. It'll take some getting used to but I feel like I could enjoy it.

More Hellions please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I can believe it and I love that they did it! Corsair did them a favor, then told them to stay on the damn ship so they didn't screw up his super secret pirate business (though really, he should have guessed his... ahem... embellishment would fire up the hero in some of the group). They got themselves into that mess, they can get themselves out it.
    Corsair knew they wouldn't resist the urge to play heroes if he told them innocents were getting tortured. He set them up so he'd have time to escape before the Imperial Guard showed up.