Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Why would they cover Earth? Earth is already terraformed. It is literally Terra.
    The Starjammers just seem to have stolen what kept the Brood out of Benevolence.
    I wonder if the New Mutants will be forced to stay there to fight off the brood and thats how the mutant colony is started.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Anyway, this was an absolute delight. My only gripe was that whole student village thing? Seemed a bit awkward to me. Do main X-Men live on one part of the island and anyone considered less than in this village? What do Dani, Wolfsbane, Magik, etc. have to do to be considered actual X-Men by now...
    I wonder if Magik could plant a flower in limbo...or if she would want to.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

I like to think Akademos is the school the OG New Muties run. But I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I wonder if Magik could plant a flower in limbo...or if she would want to.
    It works for other dimensions I think. See Otherworld.

A flower in Limbo is probably possible, but considering that Krakoa was already invaded by demons there, I doubt it is something it wants to do at all.

That issue was perfectly paced and the balance between world building, character moments and plot was impressive. BY FAR the best written comic of Dawn of X so far.

I enjoyed Dani's, Roberto's and Illy's characterization so much! Super excited for the next issues.

10/10

BANNED

Isnt Krakoa infected with the to virus? Yana has a strict no technarch policy.

I thought the Hellions and Monet were part of Dani's power, showing what she was talking about. They had a glow to them.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Isnt Krakoa infected with the to virus? Yana has a strict no technarch policy.
    I feel like the virus might have a role in the whole flowers connecting and wanting to expand thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    I thought the Hellions and Monet were part of Dani's power, showing what she was talking about. They had a glow to them.
    That would have been cool, but I think it is just an effect of the colour. Doug also has a yellow glow to him.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I wonder if the New Mutants will be forced to stay there to fight off the brood and thats how the mutant colony is started.
    Or maybe they reach some kind of agreement so a mutant squad will be residing in Benevolence as sort of a Garrison. Not necessarily the New Mutants. It would be wise not to put all the eggs in the same basket.

I thought I was ready for this issue, but I totally wasn’t. Much better than I had anticipated.

They’re so cute.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

While I liked this issue, certainly more than Marauders and X-force at least, it suffers from the same issue as the fight against Orchis, in that requires the story to forget Illyana exists and can teleport long distances. She could be at Sam's place in a second.

Just a bit of a pet peeve with the beginning but Dani and Roberto feel out of character when talking bad of human society. Not only was Dani a human herself not too long ago but when she was leading the New Mutants during the Schism era, she specifically chose not to live on Utopia but instead among humans to foster Xavier’s dream. And Roberto has been working with humans since Hickman’s Avengers run, even leading AIM. His life was even recently saved by one. Like I get it that the writers want to present mutant pride but moments like this just feel OOC for them.

Other than that peeve, it was a good first issue.

The premise for them going to see Sam "just because", seems a bit weak. I was hoping it would be connected to Serafina returning and him having lived a lifetime with her.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Amazing Member

So... Pervy Xavier, who used to have feelings for his under-age student, is now sitting and watching a young naked pod chick hatch. Do you think he spends a lot of his free time in the hatchery?

Also, amazing issue!!!