Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    she may be not allowed, her powers make her a hazard for Krakoa
    The OG NMs arent on Krakoa though but in space, so its not like she couldnt have been utilized there. Kitty isnt allowed on Krakoa yet she had a role in a book. Besides Rictor's powers could be hazardous to Krakoa as well. Unless she's actively trying to harm it, I dont think Magma would be an issue to it. There are either plans for her in Wave 2 or no one wants to use her

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    How are the New Mutants still portrayed as teenagers after all this time. By now I would have assumed the were all in their mid 20’s, Generation X late teens, and Academy X kids and others that followed after were in their early teens. Doesn’t make sense ??
    I didnt get teenage vibes from them. They are in their early to mid 20s (except for Karma) and thats how they read
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-14-2019 at 06:58 AM.

How are the New Mutants still portrayed as teenagers after all this time. By now I would have assumed the were all in their mid 20’s, Generation X late teens, and Academy X kids and others that followed after were in their early teens. Doesn’t make sense ??
    Xavier rebooted them.

BANNED

How are the New Mutants still portrayed as teenagers after all this time.
    They aren’t. They’re in their 20s. Xavier didn’t do anything to them.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt get teenage vibes from them. They are in their early to mid 20s (except for Karma) and thats how they read
    Agreed. I didn't see anyone as still teens. Monet still seems to be around 20 or 21 with the NM a few years older. Only de-aging I saw were the Penance twins, who look 5 instead of 12 or 13 where they should arguably be.

Yeah, and the Academy X gen is definitely not in their early teens. They’re late teens to early 20s.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With Bobby knocking back the Kentucky Bourbon and eager to pass it around...it's safe to assume they are all of legal drinking age.
    I LOVED this book...and can't wait for issue two.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With Bobby knocking back the Kentucky Bourbon and eager to pass it around...it's safe to assume they are all of legal drinking age.
    I LOVED this book...and can't wait for issue two.
    They are over 21 but this aint proof of it. You dont need to be 21 to drink and besides the age limitations on selling/serving to minors is an American law and they no longer live in the USA

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The OG NMs arent on Krakoa though but in space, so its not like she couldnt have been utilized there. Kitty isnt allowed on Krakoa yet she had a role in a book. Besides Rictor's powers could be hazardous to Krakoa as well. Unless she's actively trying to harm it, I dont think Magma would be an issue to it. There are either plans for her in Wave 2 or no one wants to use her

Hickman is too much of a continuity nerd to ignore Magma without giving a canon reason for ignoring Magma, we just have to wait see what it is.

I wish we'd get a continuity nerd who would explain why Magma flies

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I fucking loved this book. Hepzibah, you total babe. Boots and jeans? Lurrrrve.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Hickman is too much of a continuity nerd to ignore Magma without giving a canon reason for ignoring Magma, we just have to wait see what it is.
    Cause they ain't in Earth no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I wish we'd get a continuity nerd who would explain why Magma flies
    Kinda like hoe most flame/heat projecting heros fly.. thermals..... updrafts... etc.. tbh her flying makes more sense than Warpath :/
    GrindrStone(D)

Something about the for real harsh breakfast club uncomfortable grittiness of the New Mutants OG POV as it established itself against the increasingly wtf hyperbolic adlut dystopian scifi/romance of the UXM is here in this first book and I love it for that.

Maybe I'm not adept enough to define it completely.

The team really manages to (with some super though perhaps found/random select help from Chamber) be THE NEW MUTANTS clear eyed and directly to your face and also amazingly, under the skin. Great first issue.

I don't want perfect from mainstream comic books. Please no!

I want this sort of, that's good great um...well, whatever, let's get on with it...hey, THEY ARE PIRATES...and listen, Doug is naturally gonna make things creepy enough because he's always for a long time Dead and vulnerable and yet...lanuage right...Bobby should be more, well he's older so he's more, um, not the other Bobby, but sort of...and Dani is not Jean or Scott or Jean&Scott (thankfully)...I wonder if she'll have anything to say about 'the land' and 'the people.' Or about 'the dead'.

Wow she's an important character in the New Dawn. If she wants to be. Needs to be. Maybe anyone could be?

All good.

Um, of course Wolfsbane grabs the egg, having been reborn of the egg, without religion in paradise and all this is to say...will she resurrect her baby/religion/relationship with like a mama Moira...does it matter?

And DAMN 'Yanna!

It's not serious...she just cut off his arm and broke his sword...SHE DID IT BECAUSE SHE WAS ANGRY...Magik cuts off the mechanical (virtual) arm of the guy and shatters his sword...and she's in that uniform guys! Hooray!

I'm not an expert.

What I got from this book is this shiny pile of happy cut ups, a nice mess, here.
    I just have a lot of favorite parts (I even flipped back to pages to re-see them which I rarely do these days) and THIS was only one comic.
    So it must be awesome. And it didn't really tell me it was awesome. It didn't have to. It didn't seem to even care.
    All good.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-17-2019 at 01:38 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Is there wildlife on Krakoa?

No owls.

No cats or dogs or horses right?

No birds & bees? Right?

No 'natural' fauna or flora?
    Yes, tons of it. There's lots shown in X-Force, Fallen Angels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yes, tons of it. There's lots shown in X-Force, Fallen Angels, etc.
    Tons? I didn't read those two. But is this wildlife in Krakoa and of Earth?
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Tons? I didn't read those two. But is this wildlife in Krakoa and of Earth?
    Yep. 10cccc