Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I very much liked it!

Art is FANTASTIC!

I think Hickman & Brisson did the best job they could, trying to give each New Mutant some panel time. 8 cast members is a lot for 1 issue...plus 4 guests.

Mondo mad confused though. He states they need a Krakoan gateway to get back home from space....uh, no you don't...Mondo meet Magik.

Looking forward to the issues that focus on this core group!

Review in

And let me just add THIS is how you draw and color people of color. All too often we point out the bad examples so i just want to give sincere credit where it is due. Beautiful.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

This was a gorgeous, fun read. Definitely the best art team of the relaunch.

Things I loved most:
    •Storm continues to play the role of resurrection whisper. It’s such a joy to watch.
    •Sunspot/Dani dynamic and really just Sunspot, the little scene stealer.
    •The brief look at the different generations of “new mutants”
    •More pulling back of the curtains on Krakoa. Akadamos seems like a cool place to live.

Things I didn’t love:
    •Magik acting like she climbed out of Hell just yesterday. I want less animal that needs to be house broken and more quietly devious and unsettling demon queen.
    •Mondo and Chamber. Just...why? They reference Synch & Monet this issue, and I’d have much rather seen those two getting into trouble with the OG NM.

Those are just nitpicks though because this issue was great. There wasn’t a single moment I wasn’t engaged and delighted by the book. It makes me sad that Hickman is only on it short term before Brisson makes it all about his pet characters. Nodody f****** cares about Glob Herman, Ed. Please don’t torpedo this book with your weird obsession!

Mighty Member

I do got questions about Krakoa and its propensity to kill life in proximity of itself. That feels like a serious issue.

Did I spy with my little eye spoilers:
    the hellions?!!?? I hope we get a moment with them and Emma soon now that they are back. If not it would be a totally wasted opportunity
    end of spoilers
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I do got questions about Krakoa and its propensity to kill life in proximity of itself. That feels like a serious issue.
    Yeah apparently it's got some violenti terraforming issues... probably connette to the technorganic virus?

I am HYPED. All the praise about all the things that matter most to me as a New Mutants fan all sound glorious. What a time to be alive!

Viva FULL SPECTRUM COLOR APPLICATION !!!! Woot!

I AM IN LOVE.

This had so much heart, I was smiling from beginning to end. And the art, oh the art. Honestly, my favorite #1 so far.

BANNED

That was absolutely Bevatron. The OG Hellions are back.

Not sure if the rest were just the Academy X Hellions, but the redhead looked like Tarot to me, not Mercury.

I'm not going to dog on Brisson sight unseen and predict doom. Right now I'm enjoying the book. I would like to have clarification re: the New Mutants' role at Akademos.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I don't think it was literally killing it. The plants were dying because the krakoa flower was trying to terraform the area which was changing the specific habitat that was set up for those plants to grow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Definitely a good first issue and I'm happy to see Sunspot being his awesome self.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That was absolutely Bevatron. The OG Hellions are back.
    I thought it was Empath, but I hope it was Bevatron!

I think the idea is because it's sentiment it can change it's environment to support it's own growth whereas a normal plant needs it's environment set up for it or is a prisoner of it's enviorment.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think it was literally killing it. The plants were dying because the krakoa flower was trying to terraform the area which was changing the specific habitat that was set up for those plants to grow.
    freeform terraforming in natural habitats is not good.