Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Wow I loved this book, it was entertaining and light hearted, I wish we had got a director’s cut for this rather than x-force which sucked. I’m glad to have at least one x book which I will be adding to my pull list.

FAM.

My heart is swelling with all the positive reception for this book, and I echo it all. New Mutants is the stand out, for me, in a post HoX/PoX world. I'm so thrilled.

Reis is a GIFT. His painterly application of color? Sublime.
    The depth. The texture. The temperature of these environments? Exquisite.
    The performance/acting of his figures/faces? Amazing.

I'm just going to rapid fire ramble my joys now while I page through in hopes that I don't miss anything -- Krakoa is BEAUTIFUL. Storm's role as High Priestess/Goddess/Welcome-back-to-life-Kween is such a perfect role for her. The two most religious gals in the cast, Shan & Rahne, discussing faith, identity, fate, etc. is such a beautiful pairing! My beautiful Dougie is so damn handsome in that popped collar with that beautiful blond wave of hair and then my precious baby Dani & babe-town-USA Berto rocking genuine melanin THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE ISSUE is so #BLESSED I. Am. Yelling.
    All the drama about the Jammer's ship & the subsequent rationale for ditching the gang made perfect sense to me, personally, and I appreciate them literally laying it out for Berto. But the outrage of the group regarding the falsified dangers on the planet was so Classic NM -- "We are NOT going to sit this out, just cuz you say we should! Defiance is the foundation of our existence brah!" Doubly for Dani.
    That panel of Yana summoning stepping discs for everyone is BEAUTIFUL and I would LOVE to see the art, sans text, one day. Reis's handling of energy signatures throughout is just INCREDIBLE!
    Alrighty. Controversy: Come at me all you want but I've shipped them, deep in my nerd heart since I met them, and I know most people think I'm a crazy person but seeing Doug cradling an unconscious Yana triggered me so, so, hard!

#RAMSPUTIN #SHOULDBELUVAHS #FORCIBLYRESURRECTEDBYEVILMONSTERS #BLONDBOMBSHELLS

<panting>
    I'm FINE. No, YOU'RE shouting.
    <panting>

Final share: It was one panel and it was cropped AF, but Berto with the open jacket is sooooo HAWWWT
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-07-2019 at 06:35 AM.

What about the Sextant? What do you think it means?
    And Roberto mentioned six generations of homo superiors. How would we divide them?

1st: Apocalypse, Selene, Exodus
    2nd: Wolverine, Namor, Mystique, Xavier, Magneto
    3rd: Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Colossus
    4th: Kitty Pryde, Sunspot, Monet, Jubilee
    5th: Glob, Armor, Rockslide, Velocidad, Goldballs
    6th: Maxime, Manon

Can someone just explain to me what Monet's powers are now?

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Can someone just explain to me what Monet's powers are now?
    the same she's always had (strength, flight, durability, telepathy, being fabulous and perfect) plus the ability to morph into a Penance form

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the same she's always had (strength, flight, durability, telepathy, being fabulous and perfect) plus the ability to morph into a Penance form
    So her siblings have the penance form individually as well now?

There is a shared "gestalt" ability among the siblings, if I recall correctly.

apparently but we've literally only had one panel. Im waiting for this to be explored

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    There is a shared "gestalt" ability among the siblings, if I recall correctly.
    Yeah they can merge with each other. My headcanon is that they can all access each other power in a way or another and that since Monet has been both in a Penance form and Emplate form she's able to access them now (thanks to maybe some Sinister tampering).

Mighty Member

We definitely need a story about St.Croix siblings... I really want it laid out about their separate abilities as well as their abilities to merge.

Emplate- sees auras, absorbs energy, does the bone marrow thing, Dimensional shunting/teleportation

M- Balance of Body and Mind ( enhanced physical and mental abilities)

Claudette/Nicole- They have shown the ability mimic Monet's abilities by merging but individually I know one can make portals and the other one has done telepathic stuff.

The penance stuff is interesting but I want to see two little brown girls as well. They better be able to shift. How many young mutants of color do we have.. I mean where are Karma's siblings.

BANNED

Are Leong and Nga latent mutants like Joey and Gailyn Grey (who should be alive again soon, and likely a priority due to their bloodline)? Unless they’re off in boarding school or something I would assume Shan has them with her like Jubes and Shogo.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Are Leong and Nga latent mutants like Joey and Gailyn Grey? Unless they’re off in boarding school or something I would assume Shan has them with her like Jubes and Shogo.
    There mutant status was always nebulous .. they developed powers in the one shot.. I mean if Karma and her twin were mutants, her siblings likelihood of being mutants is great..

BANNED

I cant wait for Cannonball drawn by Reis my whole body is vibrating. When Bobby was like innocents getting tortured is a bummer but we're here to pick up my bf I felt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    FAM.

My heart is swelling with all the positive reception for this book, and I echo it all. New Mutants is the stand out, for me, in a post HoX/PoX world. I'm so thrilled.

Reis is a GIFT. His painterly application of color? Sublime.
    The depth. The texture. The temperature of these environments? Exquisite.
    The performance/acting of his figures/faces? Amazing.

I'm just going to rapid fire ramble my joys now while I page through in hopes that I don't miss anything -- Krakoa is BEAUTIFUL. Storm's role as High Priestess/Goddess/Welcome-back-to-life-Kween is such a perfect role for her. The two most religious gals in the cast, Shan & Rahne, discussing faith, identity, fate, etc. is such a beautiful pairing! My beautiful Dougie is so damn handsome in that popped collar with that beautiful blond wave of hair and then my precious baby Dani & babe-town-USA Berto rocking genuine melanin THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE ISSUE is so #BLESSED I. Am. Yelling.
    All the drama about the Jammer's ship & the subsequent rationale for ditching the gang made perfect sense to me, personally, and I appreciate them literally laying it out for Berto. But the outrage of the group regarding the falsified dangers on the planet was so Classic NM -- "We are NOT going to sit this out, just cuz you say we should! Defiance is the foundation of our existence brah!" Doubly for Dani.
    That panel of Yana summoning stepping discs for everyone is BEAUTIFUL and I would LOVE to see the art, sans text, one day. Reis's handling of energy signatures throughout is just INCREDIBLE!
    Alrighty. Controversy: Come at me all you want but I've shipped them, deep in my nerd heart since I met them, and I know most people think I'm a crazy person but seeing Doug cradling an unconscious Yana triggered me so, so, hard!

#RAMSPUTIN #SHOULDBELUVAHS #FORCIBLYRESURRECTEDBYEVILMONSTERS #BLONDBOMBSHELLS

<panting>
    I'm FINE. No, YOU'RE shouting.
    <panting>

Final share: It was one panel and it was cropped AF, but Berto with the open jacket is sooooo HAWWWT
    Magik on a straight relationship? hell no

Astonishing Member

Magik should be a Russian lesbian with a cute gay beard, like Sharapova with Dimitrov