Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I do hope they eventually explain why they took the Starjammer instead of just using Illyana. I'm all for the space road trip angle but it is a hole; she used to jaunt like that all the time. Perhaps Limbo is once again dicey (a la pre-Inferno, IIRC) in the wake of her UXM fate.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I do hope they eventually explain why they took the Starjammer instead of just using Illyana. I'm all for the space road trip angle but it is a hole; she used to jaunt like that all the time. Perhaps Limbo is once again dicey (a la pre-Inferno, IIRC) in the wake of her UXM fate.
    We already kind of know that Limbo doesn’t play well with Krakoa. After all, the whole point is to take a portal with them. Not, as suggested higher up for anyone to ‘come live on Krakoa’.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We already kind of know that Limbo doesn’t play well with Krakoa. After all, the whole point is to take a portal with them. Not, as suggested higher up for anyone to ‘come live on Krakoa’.
    Do we? To my knowledge our suspicion re: Arakko/Krakoa and Limbo is only that for now.

Do we? To my knowledge our suspicion re: Arakko/Krakoa and Limbo is only that for now.
    Well look at it this way. If you were ripped in two by something how would you feel about that thing? There is story to be told here. This may even be setting that up. Return via Limbo Because plan A went badly wrong.

I still have a big 90’s hole in my reading that I am not planning on filling, (there was a reason I stopped reading comics and it wasn’t me ) and New Mutants has never been my book anyway, but have we actually seen Magik travel as far as Shi’ar space using Limbo? That sounds a little too far to me.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-08-2019 at 01:56 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Well look at it this way. If you were ripped in two by something how would you feel about that thing? There is story to be told here. This may even be setting that up. Return via Limbo Because plan A went badly wrong.

I still have a big 90’s hole in my reading that I am not planning on filling, (there was a reason I stopped reading comics and it wasn’t me ) and New Mutants has never been my book anyway, but have we actually seen Magik travel as far as Shi’ar space using Limbo? That sounds a little too far to me.
    Once or twice both times kinda fvcked her up
    GrindrStone(D)

I thought this was a terrible read for someone like me who has not really paid attention to the New Mutants in many years. Was this supposed to be funny or serious? It was mainly the Starjammers and particularly Corsair that bugged me oh and also Sunspot's character too. So far, these Dawn of X books are not grabbing me the way I was hoping.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    I thought this was a terrible read for someone like me who has not really paid attention to the New Mutants in many years. Was this supposed to be funny or serious?
    ...Both? I didn't think the tone was hard to grab on to.

It's serious, as in there's genuine stakes involved, and yet the characters themselves have a lot of humor to them and are generally having a good time together.

Can anyone explain/help me understand that line from Sunspot about people farms and attorneys? I don't have my copy so I can't quote it directly. Sorry.

I liked it for the most part, the character interactions were pretty great and everyone had a little bit of a moment. Still, what is it with New Mutants and constantly side-lining Magma? She's one of their most powerful members and she's pretty much always forgotten.

I did like the Cypher/Mondo scenes, particularly since I've never felt much of an affinity for either character. I am interested to see how this story goes since humans still don't seem to be allowed to reside on Krakoa and Cannonball's wife is empowered, but she's still not a mutant.

Art was great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I am interested to see how this story goes since humans still don't seem to be allowed to reside on Krakoa ....
    Is that accurate though? Its probably too soon(?) buuuuuut over in Excalibur, Jubilee's baby is present aaaaaaaaaaand Betsy planned to BRING her brother Brian to Krakoa to address her other brother Jamie. I'm very interested in the circumstantial allowances, if any, for human admittance/residency.

BANNED

That’s not what I mean - I mean, as of now I think our suspicion that Limbo is the realm referenced in the Krakoa/Arakko/Okkara mythos is only theory right now. I think it’s true, but it’s not definite. That’s all I’m saying. (My theory was that Limbo is Arakko, having evolved into that in the millennia since after being cast physically into the void, but that would appear to be off)

BANNED

Do they even know where Sam is rn? They could have just called him on whatsapp to tell him about Krakoa. If they don't know where he is, flying in blind to the core of the Shiar Empire is probably not a good idea, there's a 50% chance they're in the middle of another coup.

The potential for Arakko being Limbo is WILD. There is a LOT of Limbo mythos to mine and explain and if that's the route Hickman's going to take I AM HERE FOR IT. Very exciting stuff.

BANNED

She teleported to deep space in Black Vortex.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

At least the cover for #2 makes sense.

Gladiator: Oh Gods it's Xavier's brats again! The solar one, the valkyrie one, the werewolf one, the useless one, the mean one, the other useless one, the cranky English one and... who's this fat one?
    "Cable was right!"