Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    At least the cover for #2 makes sense.

Gladiator: Oh Gods it's Xavier's brats again! The solar one, the valkyrie one, the werewolf one, the useless one, the mean one, the other useless one, the cranky English one and... who's this fat one?
    Karma's not fat anymore
    GrindrStone(D)

It seems that they may be one of the useless ones (Cypher and Karma) with the fat one referring to Mondo.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Husk got that one pretty easily. I'm scared yet impressed.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I still have a big 90’s hole in my reading that I am not planning on filling, (there was a reason I stopped reading comics and it wasn’t me ) and New Mutants has never been my book anyway, but have we actually seen Magik travel as far as Shi’ar space using Limbo? That sounds a little too far to me.

Her teleportation doesnt really have any limits

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Her teleportation doesnt really have any limits
    I thought the greater the distance the more likely they'll time jump as well?? Or am I thinking of her appearances?
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Perfect chance to re intro Lila Cheney?

Interesting theory I read that Arrakko = Limbo. That's out there for sure. But I do get the sense Arrakko is huge plotwise and will set up a Neo Inferno event bringing together Apoc, Magik, Maddy and others somehow, like connecting various of the books.

This issue was pretty good, pretty fun. I don't like "diluting" the New Mutants team, using their brand for what is going to be just a "general younger mutants book" is a bit... mm...

I agree with the folks saying the NM came off a bit too naive/youthful in this , they LOOKED way too young for one thing (besides maybe Roberto and Ilyanna). And yeah they just seemed way too mistake-prone and trusting etc. However I'll make up a headcanon it's due to them "feeling their oats" by finally being all together for first time in long time, several of them newly revived etc etc. So they're just "high on love" or something like that for now.

Do wish they would explain or acknowledge Doug having Warlock powers at some point and what that's all about I don't think that was covered in previous recent canon. I don't mind it at all I find it a decent solution and Warlock as a character is quite annoying so it works for me.

Also think it's absolutely nuts Doug just leaves with them when I mean he is the #1 character most needed on Krakoa at all times.

Starjammers seemed OoC.

The humor in this was sublime though, and I appreciated the faux Sienkiewicz art style.

Overall pretty fun book, entertaining, and there was indeed our first real signal that Krakoa might not be paradise with the whole "it destroys other biologies" stuff.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-08-2019 at 07:43 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I thought the greater the distance the more likely they'll time jump as well?? Or am I thinking of her appearances?
    You mus be thinking of her from the 80s when she was a novice and very new to her powers. They were unstable then. She's a vet with years worth of experience that knows how to use her powers effectively

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Perfect chance to re intro Lila Cheney?

Interesting theory I read that Arrakko = Limbo. That's out there for sure. But I do get the sense Arrakko is huge plotwise and will set up a Neo Inferno event bringing together Apoc, Magik, Maddy and others somehow, like connecting various of the books.

This issue was pretty good, pretty fun. I don't like "diluting" the New Mutants team, using their brand for what is going to be just a "general younger mutants book" is a bit... mm...

I agree with the folks saying the NM came off a bit too naive/youthful in this , they LOOKED way too young for one thing (besides maybe Roberto and Ilyanna). And yeah they just seemed way too mistake-prone and trusting etc. However I'll make up a headcanon it's due to them "feeling their oats" by finally being all together for first time in long time, several of them newly revived etc etc. So they're just "high on love" or something like that for now.

Do wish they would explain or acknowledge Doug having Warlock powers at some point and what that's all about I don't think that was covered in previous recent canon. I don't mind it at all I find it a decent solution and Warlock as a character is quite annoying so it works for me.

Also think it's absolutely nuts Doug just leaves with them when I mean he is the #1 character most needed on Krakoa at all times.

Starjammers seemed OoC.

The humor in this was sublime though, and I appreciated the faux Sienkiewicz art style.

Overall pretty fun book, entertaining, and there was indeed our first real signal that Krakoa might not be paradise with the whole "it destroys other biologies" stuff.
    It was extremely dumb let Doug travel to a galaxy far away, th eonly person who can comunicate with the Krakoa.

The part of krakoa being predator and destroying other plants to assert dominance was good.

The plot os very flat on this issue, more like a group of friends having fun and entering problems. 7/10

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    werewolf one, the useless one
    Counting Wolfsbane twice?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

I'm well aware Illyana used to regularly jaunt across time and space. I also know she's been nerfed before. IIRC, leading up to Inferno Limbo became too dangerous to travel through and her power became difficult to control. Since her return I'm not sure how much time-space jumping she's done. The only instances I recall offhand are her tutelage with Doctor Strange and the Black Vortex. And frankly I don't take Bendis as an accurate barometer of continuity or power level on any day of the week. I'd need more info. (I could also easily buy she's been nerfed post-UXM due to the Darkchilde thing rearing its head again)

BANNED

She might’ve been more powerful in Bendis’ run because she absorbed Limbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She might’ve been more powerful in Bendis’ run because she absorbed Limbo.
    Oh God, I forgot that ****.

I recall Illyana travelling to the future during Battle of the Atom. Didn't she also go back to when the O5 left to try to drop them off?

Also she did some time travelling before New Mutants vol 3 which is why she manipulated events to play out the way they did so that she could kill the Elder Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I recall Illyana travelling to the future during Battle of the Atom. Didn't she also go back to when the O5 left to try to drop them off?

Also she did some time travelling before New Mutants vol 3 which is why she manipulated events to play out the way they did so that she could kill the Elder Gods
    That never happened which was always a plot hole of the story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I'm well aware Illyana used to regularly jaunt across time and space. I also know she's been nerfed before. IIRC, leading up to Inferno Limbo became too dangerous to travel through and her power became difficult to control. Since her return I'm not sure how much time-space jumping she's done. The only instances I recall offhand are her tutelage with Doctor Strange and the Black Vortex. And frankly I don't take Bendis as an accurate barometer of continuity or power level on any day of the week. I'd need more info. (I could also easily buy she's been nerfed post-UXM due to the Darkchilde thing rearing its head again)
    Its not stated but maybe she came back weakened from Rosenberg run? Disnt she turn into a huge monster at then end?