Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Counting Wolfsbane twice?
    bruv...

this-is-lilly-the-cat-with-weird-eyebrows-who-looks-like-she-s-always-judging-you-07.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its not stated but maybe she came back weakened from Rosenberg run? Disnt she turn into a huge monster at then end?
    That's my spec, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its not stated but maybe she came back weakened from Rosenberg run? Disnt she turn into a huge monster at then end?
    One thought I had is that we'll eventually see the story of when a team of heroes show up at the military base where she was roaming around like a Doom boss monster and kill her so she can be brought back in her "best version" pod person form. However I am curious if they bring back a younger version which might help explain some of her behavior as well as the more modest outfit choice and different sword design. I pinged the artist to see if that was his choice or someone else's, and he replied "wasn't my design." So there is absolutely a reason for her look and why she's not back in the training uniform like the other New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    One thought I had is that we'll eventually see the story of when a team of heroes show up at the military base where she was roaming around like a Doom boss monster and kill her so she can be brought back in her "best version" pod person form. However I am curious if they bring back a younger version which might help explain some of her behavior as well as the more modest outfit choice and different sword design. I pinged the artist to see if that was his choice or someone else's, and he replied "wasn't my design." So there is absolutely a reason for her look and why she's not back in the training uniform like the other New Mutants.
    She's a lil more sexually open than the rest??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Well she's one of the Great Captains. Maybe they have special outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She teleported to deep space in Black Vortex.
    That doesn’t seem either similar in scope or directly relevant to this though. I mean, obviously serialised fiction inevitably establishes convenient extensions and uses when it comes to power sets, but they are open to interpretation. We shouldn’t start assuming precedence because every writer has a certain amount of leeway with these things. But there have to be conceptual limits.

I am happier with the ‘she has but she suffered for it’ type answer because then we have both an elastic limit and a reason why she is not jumping extreme distances on a whim. Also, that’s kind of Manifold’s shtick.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Her teleportation doesnt really have any limits
    Well philosophically I can’t really get behind that, but like I said, it is open to interpretation.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was extremely dumb let Doug travel to a galaxy far away, th eonly person who can comunicate with the Krakoa.
    It is worth pointing out that until the Starjammer left he was one short walk away from Krakoa, and in an emergency someone could easily pop over and get him.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I'm well aware Illyana used to regularly jaunt across time and space. I also know she's been nerfed before. IIRC, leading up to Inferno Limbo became too dangerous to travel through and her power became difficult to control. Since her return I'm not sure how much time-space jumping she's done. The only instances I recall offhand are her tutelage with Doctor Strange and the Black Vortex. And frankly I don't take Bendis as an accurate barometer of continuity or power level on any day of the week. I'd need more info. (I could also easily buy she's been nerfed post-UXM due to the Darkchilde thing rearing its head again)
    I know I am old, but can we stop throwing around nerfed as an insult. This isn’t a strategy game or an RPG. This is serial fiction that has never pretended to be consistent, in a medium that has far more inconsistencies because of its long history.

It is categorically not ‘nerfing’ to reset a character back to a more manageable and usable one. If anything it is the fault of the exaggerated and overpowered uses that some writers have brought to the table, and to be honest I don’t blame them either. Superhero Comics were always thus.

BANNED

If you want to take it all that seriously you can use any term you like. I don’t and I also don’t think Illyana was OP but I don’t care that much either way.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

2 words:

Lila. Cheney.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    2 words:

Lila. Cheney.
    Good call! That would be fun actually.

What happened to Berto’s grey streak?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Good call! That would be fun actually.

What happened to Berto’s grey streak?
    wasnt that due to him being infected with M-Pox? Considering he no longer is sick, I assume it went away

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It is worth pointing out that until the Starjammer left he was one short walk away from Krakoa, and in an emergency someone could easily pop over and get him.
    Yes, I know. But it was a situation that could happen not being able to get throught th eportal. They still have a flower with Mondo at least
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-09-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

It's nice to see Mondo and Chamber getting along with their Senpais.