Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A female mutant 'Thing' dating a normal-looking 'Alicia Masters' sort of dude, who doesn't seem to mind that his lady looks like one of the fugly dude-mutants like Glob, could be interesting for a twist. (The closest I can think of right off was the short lived flirtation between Hellion and Shark Girl, but she could, IIRC, revert back to a normal-looking girl, so that might not count...)

So true that it's usually the other way around, with the fugly Beak dating Angel Salvadore (who got prettied up so much that she was even a professional supermodel in one of the ubiquitous short-lived mutant-utopia AUs, IIRC).
    Hardball and Komodo (she preferred the lizard form)

the Hood and Madame Masque (he was perfectly ok with her even when her face was scarred)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and Glob Herman is literally a skeleton. he probably has a very small percentage of body fat. were you thinking of Basilisk? because he's in prison, irrc.

Bitch got rolls.

Ultimate Member

Hardball and Komodo (she preferred the lizard form)
    Ooh, good one! I liked that couple, back in the day (probably my two favorites from that Initiative group they introduced, along with Reptil and the Spider-clones).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Bitch got rolls.
    rolls of bio-paraffin. it's not like you can exercise it away.

I'm sorry, this isn't the 90's anymore and comics, especially X-Men comics, have definitely sought out a female (and LGBT) audience.

I get what y'all are trying to say in that superheroes should be sexy or athletic, but the point still stands that we have Mondo, Goldballs, and Glob Herman yet literally NO big ladies. They should either trim these Blob-wannabes down to socially-acceptably bangable size or add some fat women to the mix. #equality
    Seeking out different audiences doesn't mean the main audience has changed comics still cater to a certain group more than others. And besides, I already pointed out it is not just a comic audience thing. It is a society thing Straight, female or LGBT nobody idealizes being fat. The ideal form people want to see in their wish-fulfillment isn't fat. Goldballs and Mondo barely register as characters showing up. Glob Herman keeps on showing up because of Ed Brisson's obsession with him honestly. It wouldn't be a surprise in the next 6 to 12 months none of them are showing up in books. I wouldn't call any of them a thing, to be honest. I am sure they can add a female fat character who is going to disappear and barely be used as well.

There is a legit convo to be had about body size because they are a variety of body shapes and sizes that are still athletic but aren't ridiculous skinny. There is a difference between Tabria Majors /Ashley Graham and Rebel Wilson/Chrissy Metz. There is a difference between Meg thee stallion/Nicki Minaj and Zoe Kravitz/Chanel Iman. The comic generally gives you one body size there is a scene in Batman where Catwoman and Lois Lane switch clothes I found it hilarious that Catwoman and Lois Lane are the same size. Comics can be a lot more versatile with their body shape I think we can agree on that. If you are looking for larger females then Runways with Gert and Harbinger with Faith is probably what you looking for out of comic. But there is no rule that X-men must be representation for every single thing and forcing the X-men to be that let the other 100s of comics off the hook to do better.

Lastly this comics everybody is drawn with muscles

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Goldballs and Mondo barely register as characters showing up. Glob Herman keeps on showing up because of Ed Brisson's obsession with him honestly. It wouldn't be a surprise in the next 6 to 12 months none of them are showing up in books. I wouldn't call any of them a thing, to be honest. I am sure they can add a female fat character who is going to disappear and barely be used as well.
    Except they haven't which is why this thread exists.

There should be balance. I'm not saying they should push some big gal as an A-lister. But if they're going to have fat male characters of ANY level of "registering as characters," there should also be fat female characters, or even just female characters with a body type other than "Comic Book Female."

like you mentioned, they are out there. they just happen to be villains. there were at least two on that Freelancers team that showed up in Champions.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

There's Mondo, Goldballs, even Glob Herman in this week's New Mutants looked a bit husky. But to my knowledge there has never been an actual (heroic) overweight female X-Men character. Why is that? Why are men held to a different standard and allowed to be overweight (or obese) but women are always slender unless they're villainous (ie. Pink Pearl, Thumbelina, Briquette, and Gatecrasher)?

Isn't it time for a big girl to join the X-Men?

Let's discuss!
    The only fat male characters are the ones that are horrible and/or comic relief and aren't to be taken seriously. The women are better than that.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

There are only two types of female comic book body archetypes.

1. Perfect hips, waist, bust and face.
    2. Child

Unless we count Qwerty.

how many male superheroes have small calves or narrow shoulders?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

like you mentioned, they are out there. they just happen to be villains. there were at least two on that Freelancers team that showed up in Champions.

what's her name she cute!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    There are only two types of female comic book body archetypes.

1. Perfect hips, waist, bust and face.
    2. Child

Unless we count Qwerty.
    I wonder how many male body types we can count?

1. Muscular athlete
    2. Thick 'n juicy
    3. Twink
    4. Twank
    5. Twunk
    6. The Fred J. Dukes
    7. Frail old man
    8. Frail child
    9. Buff child
    10. Short but ferocious
    11. Tall and lanky
    12. Fat face but thin body
    13. Thin face but fat body
    14. Buff old man
    15. "The Puck" aka Little Person

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    And some of them get a cool girl at some point, even if it’s not long last. Can’t remember the opposite situation with some monstrous girl.

Miss them <\3

Except they haven't which is why this thread exists.

There should be balance. I'm not saying they should push some big gal as an A-lister. But if they're going to have fat male characters of ANY level of "registering as characters," there should also be fat female characters, or even just female characters with a body type other than "Comic Book Female."
    They are not just in the X-men

The X-men doesn't need to have every type of minority in it. The X-men is plenty diverse and if other comics was following their lead we wouldn't be having this convo. It is not to say the X-men can't do better but X-men case it is utilizing proven characters they already have around, In stuff like justice league or Avengers they have to make new characters and that to me is a big difference.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-07-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The X-men doesn't need to have every type of minority in it.
    What world are you living in, bro? Here in America, fat is the majority.