Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    like you mentioned, they are out there. they just happen to be villains. there were at least two on that Freelancers team that showed up in Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

Shes thick enough.
    i kno u lyin

Astonishing Member

Glob Herman isnt fat, he actually doesn't have any fat, unless you consider his organic wax fat.

Mondo until recently was more obscure than the Fat woman mutant from the Great Lakes Avengers. I don't think there is a double standard.
    Superheroes are supposed to be like Olympic Athletes. Xmen train in the Danger Room. They are supposed to be very fit.
    Mondo should be more like a Samoan or Maori Rugby player, not a fat guy, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Glob Herman isnt fat, he actually doesn't have any fat, unless you consider his organic wax fat.

Mondo until recently was more obscure than the Fat woman mutant from the Great Lakes Avengers. I don't think there is a double standard.
    Superheroes are supposed to be like Olympic Athletes. Xmen train in the Danger Room. They are supposed to be very fit.
    Sure but they dont typically find mutants who have been training in the Danger Room. That happens after they join the X-men. By and large, most of the characters found are already fit

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

Mondo has shown to almost never train. He spends 90% of his time relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Mondo has shown to almost never train. He spends 90% of his time relaxing.
    Mondo has spent 90% of his comic book existence off panel
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

FWIW for a couple years in the mid 80's Karma became very obese while possessed by Shadow King.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    FWIW for a couple years in the mid 80's Karma became very obese while possessed by Shadow King.
    More like 5 months when they made her a villian. Besides she wasnt allowed back among the team until she was forced to walk the fat off in the desert alone

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I feel bad for overweight people who feel excluded. Losing weight can be hard depending on your circumstances, so it's not like you can just tell someone to go eat a salad. Some of us simply cannot afford to eat healthy food on a daily basis. It's a rotten system.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Sincerely, this thread should be re-framed and/or put to rest please.

I believe that there could be a far less hurtful vehicle for discussing what's necessary here.

We could even celebrate the diversity of bodies actually sitting and walking and standing who are us, who contribute to this forum...many will not, or have not, or need not stand the test this appoints them, who are silenced by its rule, who are shoved back and held by simply seeing the word 'fat' and forced to undergo a trial.

To keep this here, along with the intimate identifiers of gender and fandom and cannon and these images...it's insensitive, counter-intuitive and callous.

I am here. So if I'm talking with you, you're not alone. Hi.

Anorexia. Male. Hi.

So many in this forum have said things of value and importance and have even attempted to transport this discussion outside this closed and dangerous confine. Can we please honor that and continue that discussion?

If you don't believe me, if you've never experienced this sort of hurt or harm, could you try to understand? Understanding, what harm could that do?

Think about what this thread itself 'allows' or doesn't.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-10-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote