Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Except like I pointed out, there are 3 fat dudes in the X-Men and 0 fat ladies. That's definitely a double standard.
    the only black male X-man (actual X-man not student) is an aborigine from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Angel wasn’t just shown as conventional. She got turned into a bombshell. This 100% stems back to the institutionalized objectification of women in comics.
    sure. but then how do you explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the only black male X-man (actual X-man not student) is an aborigine from the future.
    Hey, you're preaching to the choir, boo. There should 100% be more diversity among male X-Men.

sure. but then how do you explain this?
    LOL stahp. That's Tina, not Angel.

BANNED

Many male mutants who are fat are fat because it also has to do with their mutant power (Mondo, Glob Herman, and Blob).

So there's lack of body representation for both genders.

There's one fat mutant female hero. Her name is Ashley. She's skinny when not using her powers but becomes fat and superstrong like the Blob. She's not on Krakoa yet.

Hey, you're preaching to the choir, boo. There should 100% be more diversity among male X-Men.
    then we're in full agreement. to me though, the answer is just to make the aforementioned female villains into X-Men. have them join up until everyone goes their separate ways. we already saw Wildside show up on Krakoa. where are the others? i don't think that Thumbelina would be opposed to being an X-Person.

LOL stahp. That's Tina, not Angel.
    lol. no, i was posting a picture of Barnell Bohusk to show that the objectification was on both sides. there is no reason why he would look like this after being depowered (not to mention that this isn't what he looked like immediately after being depowered). they were both photoshopped into GAP models.

BANNED

lol. no, i was posting a picture of Barnell Bohusk to show that the objectification was on both sides. there is no reason why he would look like this after being depowered (not to mention that this isn't what he looked like immediately after being depowered). they were both photoshopped into GAP models.
    Yes, please sit there and pretend there’s parity in the sexual objectification of women and men in comics.

Yes, please sit there and pretend there’s parity in the sexual objectification of women and men in comics.
    but that's what i just did. do i need to show you Bobby Drake running around in his underwear or do a headcount of six packs? i work out for one reason. because i grew up reading comic books.

Are we talking mutant power big like Blob or are we talking unhealthy big? If it's the former i think it has more to do with the artist and ability. It's not easy to draw plus sized woman and also i don't think most male artist unless they are into plus sized women really have a want to draw them. Personally i like drawing the shapes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Are we talking mutant power big like Blob or are we talking unhealthy big? If it's the former i think it has more to do with the artist and ability. It's not easy to draw plus sized woman and also i don't think most male artist unless they are into plus sized women really have a want to draw them. Personally i like drawing the shapes.
    i could be wrong. but i believe they are mainly talking about natural girth. Blob's a villain. so he wouldn't count anyways. there are few characters his size (kind of expecting a Blob jr to show up any day now). there are multiple female villains who approach the Blob's size (Gatecrasher, Pink Pearl, Briquette, that recent microverse queen). the complaint is that neither the Gatecrasher's or the more naturally thicc girls are X-Men. personally, i think that we'd run into the same problem. they will be objectified by someone. She-Hulk is a sex symbol afterall. but so was Nightcrawler.

BANNED

but that's what i just did. do i need to show you Bobby Drake running around in his underwear or do a headcount of six packs? i work out for one reason. because i grew up reading comic books.
    You showed a picture of Beak without his mutation. I didn’t see him half naked in a sexually suggestive pose.

It’s disingenuous to suggest men are sexually objectified to the same extent as women or perhaps it is just ignorance. Regardless, there are many resources that demonstrate how it just isn’t true.

http://reelgirl.com/2012/05/what-if-...he-female-one/

https://io9.gizmodo.com/10-stupid-ar...1636381824/amp

https://thehawkeyeinitiative.tumblr.com/

BANNED

There's Mondo, Goldballs, even Glob Herman in this week's New Mutants looked a bit husky. But to my knowledge there has never been an actual (heroic) overweight female X-Men character. Why is that? Why are men held to a different standard and allowed to be overweight (or obese) but women are always slender unless they're villainous (ie. Pink Pearl, Thumbelina, Briquette, and Gatecrasher)?

Isn't it time for a big girl to join the X-Men?

Let's discuss!
    Is this some sort of rhetorical question orrrr.

You showed a picture of Beak without his mutation. I didn’t see him half naked in a sexually suggestive pose.
    you didn't see Angel in one either. but feel free to gloss over my mention of Bobby Drake. shirtless men have been a staple of the x-books. Warren Worthington III's defining trait is his looks. it's the only reason why him becoming Archangel was a tragedy. remember him being paraded around the Morlock community in his underwear?

It’s disingenuous to suggest men are sexually objectified to the same extent as women or perhaps it is just ignorance. [/url]
    that's one opinion. it could also be that some people are more sensitive about the sexual messaging when it comes to women than male characters. there are external factors to that like inequality in the real world. but comic books are a visual medium. and they have always portrayed physicality unrealistically. you're kidding yourself if you think that they aren't trying to make the male characters physically attractive.

BANNED

you didn't see Angel in one either. but feel free to gloss over my mention of Bobby Drake. shirtless men have been a staple of the x-books. Warren Worthington III's defining trait is his looks. it's the only reason why him becoming Archangel was a tragedy. remember him being paraded around the Morlock community in his underwear?

that's one opinion. it could also be that some people are more sensitive about the sexual messaging when it comes to women than male characters. there are external factors to that like inequality in the real world. but comic books are a visual medium. and they have always portrayed physicality unrealistically. you're kidding yourself if you think that they aren't trying to make the male characters physically attractive.
    I never said men weren’t drawn to be attractive, and I’m pretty sure you know that. Men are not sexually objectified the way women are because there’s a double standard, as my supporting evidence suggests. Men get to be strong, powerful, and attractive while women are shown breaking their backs to show their asses and breasts in the same shot.

Where’s your evidence? Right, it doesn’t exist.