Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Because sexism

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    but that's what i just did. do i need to show you Bobby Drake running around in his underwear or do a headcount of six packs? i work out for one reason. because i grew up reading comic books.
    Objetification of women and men aren't the same on comics. you can count in your hand when it happens to men. and it is all mostly recent

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Even if men are sexual objectified in hero comics, the masses wouldn't take it seriously cuz men.
    "Cable was right!"

In men, there is usually a fantasy of power rather than sexualization. Very few sexualize men, some like Kris Anka.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Objetification of women and men aren't the same on comics. you can count in your hand when it happens to men. and it is all mostly recent
    that denotes a change. and i think it's a change that most posters are ignoring. because it is fulfilling to complain about inequality. i'm definitely not disputing that female characters have been sexually objectified. it would be very surprising if they weren't given american culture. i'm just saying that there has been an effort to objectify male characters. and it's not just on one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In men, there is usually a fantasy of power rather than sexualization. Very few sexualize men, some like Kris Anka.
    you mean straight men have the powerhouse fantasy. Majority of comics are done by straight men

It's the men in X-Men.

I don't believe in the 'fitness' of superheroism excuse either because of the aforementioned male heroes or the fact that some powers render physicality moot (they do train so they aren't solely relying on their mutant powers but peak physical fitness is not like a requirement, esp if you have a really useful power).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that denotes a change. and i think it's a change that most posters are ignoring. because it is fulfilling to complain about inequality. i'm definitely not disputing that female characters have been sexually objectified. it would be very surprising if they weren't given american culture. i'm just saying that there has been an effort to objectify male characters. and it's not just on one hand.
    It's not a change. Men aren't being all sexualized in weird poses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Angel Salvatore was a kind of chubby Attachment 89094
    This gorgeous creature has my attention. When can we expect more of this one? Bring on more pleasantly plump X-women.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not a change. Men aren't being all sexualized in weird poses.
    weird is subjective. a lot of Spider-man's poses are "weird." do you have an example of a current x-cover that overly sexualizes female characters? and are people attracted to men in "weird poses?" i think that we'd see more of that, if people were. usually, the focus is on their biceps, chest, and package. although there is a lot of attention given to Captain America's butt in the cinematic universe for some reason.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-06-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I never said men weren’t drawn to be attractive, and I’m pretty sure you know that. Men are not sexually objectified the way women are because there’s a double standard, as my supporting evidence suggests. Men get to be strong, powerful, and attractive while women are shown breaking their backs to show their asses and breasts in the same shot.

Where’s your evidence? Right, it doesn’t exist.
    You know, the only mainstream artist that comes to mind that objetifies men in the same way he does women is Clay Mann.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    You know, the only mainstream artist that comes to mind that objetifies men in the same way he does women is Clay Mann.
    Alan Davis as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Alan Davis as well.
    Right. I had forgotten his sexy dumb Brian from early Excalibur.

Statistically women are less likely to be fat than men so it actually makes sense that there's more fat male heroes. They're usually treated as a joke anyway so it's not exactly a privilege.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Except like I pointed out, there are 3 fat dudes in the X-Men and 0 fat ladies. That's definitely a double standard.
    Mojo, Blob obviously, Agent-X became obese in Cable & Deadpool but Im not sure what his status is atm.

Edit: I guess the only "heroic" one of them is Blob if he kept his AoXM characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Every artist who's ever drawn Nightwing. But its more abt the character then the artists.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 11-06-2019 at 10:07 AM.