Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Supersonic Nuclear Munitions travel faster than that. Honestly there is nothing stopping a world power (like Russia, who has SNMs) from just nuking Krakoa out of existence.
    Correct mach 3 is slow... that was my point they need much better
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah I'm definitely with ya on this; I think the difference between those runs and here, though, is everybody's personality felt distinct? From speech bubble to speech bubble you got a sense of who everyone was. Compare to this; we've got a facet of Scott's personality here...the blandest aspects of it anyway, but then Rachel and Cable could just be anyone. There's no real distinct 'voices' between them, it's just...clunky. It doesn't feel like casual banter at all.
    Agree with you 100%. Hickman needs a scripter or something because his dialogue is so bland.

This was the best out of all the DOX books so far. Loved Marauders and thought Excalibur was great too. X-men was pretty average but Xforce really killed it. Hoping It can keep up the fast pace. Xavier is once again clueless with the lack of security. Also like it’s been mentioned already, while thE cliffhanger was epic, it’s hard to take it too seriously with all the resurrections.

The dialogue in this issue was also spot on to me. For whatever reason I wasn’t feeling Hickman’s dialogue in X-men #1 and the preview for X-men 2 didn’t do much to change that.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-10-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Agree with you 100%. Hickman needs a scripter or something because his dialogue is so bland.

I actually didn’t have a problem at all during HOX/POX. For whatever reason the dialogue for X-men#1 just seemed so bland to me. It at times feels like Hickman can nail the big epic storylines (which HOX/POX was from start to finish) but struggles with the smaller more personal character driven stuff.

Supersonic Nuclear Munitions travel faster than that. Honestly there is nothing stopping a world power (like Russia, who has SNMs) from just nuking Krakoa out of existence.
    But maybe a mutant with precognitive ability can detect future t..... oh... okay... nevermind...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Tom, Sean and Theresa.
    Is Theresa still The Morrigan? That could be entertaining.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/There...dy_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/X-Force_Vol_6_1
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-11-2019 at 12:16 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I actually didn’t have a problem at all during HOX/POX. For whatever reason the dialogue for X-men#1 just seemed so bland to me. It at times feels like Hickman can nail the big epic storylines (which HOX/POX was from start to finish) but struggles with the smaller more personal character driven stuff.
    I do share the feeling. HoX/PoX were great. I had zero problem with Hickman's dialogue. But dialogues for X-Men 1 and X-Men 2 preview feel a bit off.

Also I understand that Yu has his own style, and many fans love it, but I don't belong to this category. For some reason, I don't like his art. I don't think it's bad, but I think it's a bit stiff. Like he's drawing action figures. So this doesn't help me to enjoy X-Men like I would with an other artist.

Let's give him a second chance. He tried his best and was legit upset that everything went to hell.

P.S. Bring. Sammy. Back!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let's give him a second chance. He tried his best and was legit upset that everything went to hell.

P.S. Bring. Sammy. Back!
    As I've said,l before, they should give this a Proteus like explanation. His secondary mutation messed him up.

I want Sammy back to be part of the Krakoan Lifeguard team.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Also like it’s been mentioned already, while thE cliffhanger was epic, it’s hard to take it too seriously with all the resurrections.
    For me I'm intrigued with the next step in the process more than trying to take it seriously or not. We've never been in this situation before so I think it's an opportunity for some great storytelling.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Best Jean since X-men Red. On a few panels she was more interesting than on the entire of HOX/POX.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Best Jean since X-men Red. On a few panels she was more interesting than on the entire of HOX/POX.
    I second this. Jean was handled great but all the characters were. So far Xforce and Marauders are ahead of the pack in DOX. I loved Marauders but Xforce edged it out slightly. Liking this espionage gritty feel of Xforce.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    according to HoX, mutants accounted for 0.0025% of world population pre Genosha massacre but that was after Morrisson mutant boom. There were many less in the 90's. Meaning that building was just full of flatscans statistically.
    how many in New York? consider the number of active x-teams during the 90s. Roberto Dacosta and Gideon were doing business in the area.

i'd say that Magneto, himself, is a good reason to not even consider it. he sunk that submarine with the same amount of care that i give the outer package of an amazon order. it would be a bloodbath.