Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Not to mention not having built an impenetrable dome over the island and taken up a military stance to shoot down any commercial airliner that strays into your airspace. Next you will be telling me they still haven’t solved climate change, starvation and poverty for the world. I mean what have they been doing since that orgy? Just endless orgies while Xavier records and backs up their experiences?

Actually that would be quite distracting.
    Ok you joke but I genuinely thought that, like, if not for Domino's skin they wouldn't have been able to even get through the air-space. Like they'd just hit this invisible wall with a *Thunk!*

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    We are saying that a nation built by telepaths, supergeniuses, people with thousands of years of experience, many of them known for being cautious and/or suspicious of humans would not have to wait to build an intelligent system only after someone invades the country and attempts to murder the leader; nor literally any country in the world would allow it's leader to go to an hostile country without a staff or any bodyguards (and I imagine if any of them had telepaths, they would have scanned the minds of everyone for possible threats).
    And again I point you to the preparedness or lack there of, of the western intelligence community to combat the rise of Islamic terrorism. These are not easy things to solve. No matter how many geniuses you have. You are holding a nascent Krakoa to a standard that long established western democracies were incapable of.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I hope in the next issue Boom Boom gets a funny one liner about Domino being skinned
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I hope in the next issue Boom Boom gets a funny one liner about Domino being skinned
    You honestly think there is a joke to be made out being flayed alive?
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Comedy = Tragedy + Time.

If she's brought back from the dead, then sure why not? It wouldnt be totally out of character for Boom Boom

Maybe Domino survived by the skin of her teeth.

Shes very thin skinned

Those reavers went skinny dipping

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Domino is going to come back in the next issue looking like Meat from Mortal Kombat
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Domino is going to come back in the next issue looking like Meat from Mortal Kombat
    As long as she doesn't wrap herself in bondage gear that continually hurts her and starts calling herself "Blood Shot", I'll be fine.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

And again I point you to the preparedness or lack there of, of the western intelligence community to combat the rise of Islamic terrorism. These are not easy things to solve. No matter how many geniuses you have. You are holding a nascent Krakoa to a standard that long established western democracies were incapable of.
    And again you want to compare two different things. The X-men have faced human attacks from almost day one. They had nations being attacked before. Some of them were literally murdered by a suicide bomber in House of X. And the leadership of Krakoa has thousands of years of experience and knowledge.

Also, again, no nation in the world, old or new, allows it's head of government to travel to another nation, specially an hostile one, without a single bodyguard.

It'd be hella interesting if she returns to Krakoa in such a condition. Would she ask them to just kill her and bring her back?

EDIT: This could be a trend. Got an awful haircut? Kill me so I can try another barber.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And again you want to compare two different things. The X-men have faced human attacks from almost day one. They had nations being attacked before. Some of them were literally murdered by a suicide bomber in House of X. And the leadership of Krakoa has thousands of years of experience and knowledge.

Also, again, no nation in the world, old or new, allows it's head of government to travel to another nation, specially an hostile one, without a single bodyguard.
    Precisely had the reavers strapped dominos skin over a nuke they'd have succeeded

You are holding a nascent Krakoa to a standard that long established western democracies were incapable of.
    But mutants and their institutions are supposed to be soooooo much better than humans and their institutions. Silly Kool-Aid drinkers, believing their own hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Comedy = Tragedy + Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If she's brought back from the dead, then sure why not? It wouldnt be totally out of character for Boom Boom
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Maybe Domino survived by the skin of her teeth.

Shes very thin skinned

Those reavers went skinny dipping
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    As long as she doesn't wrap herself in bondage gear that continually hurts her and starts calling herself "Blood Shot", I'll be fine.
    Too on the nose, everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I think death shouldnt be treated as a joke or something meaningless because is still a powerfull tool. The problems comes when you kill what you cannot kill in a medium like this, where status quo is king.

Still, i think authors should fight for make death at least decent once again. I understand the big resurrection in house of x to make everything as fast as possible but making everyone virtualy inmortal thanks to resurrection is going too far and unnecesary.

You can have the stakes and still not killing anyone, just dont kill important characters or characters that are going to brought back in the next issue.

What i dont want is feeling that this characters are just expendable meat bags.
    Then whats the point of death. If your not going to kill an important character than what is the point in the death anyway. Nobody cares if the unimportant characters die. If it's just to give another character some emotion there are a million other ways to do it. If you feel like the characters are expendable meat bags there is nothing anyone can do about that but you because no character in any of the stories have acted like any of the other characters were expendable meat bags.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Precisely had the reavers strapped dominos skin over a nuke they'd have succeeded
    Or with power dampeners like the one that shut down Omega Iceman. Or with tactical nukes as part of their kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'