Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Lightbulb X-Force #1 review starring Black Tom Cassidy *spoilers*

As in the preview Domino gets caught by the creepy masked human extremists.

Wolverine and Beast have some homoerotic time in the wild. Wolverine complains safety makes people soft.

Black Tom Cassidy is having a moment with Krakoa, he gets disturbed by Jean to go to the beach where the Maurauders are arriving with some refugees. Colossus is on board a bit worse for wear after helping them escape Russia. Cut to an airport with a dodgy man with maybe some Domino parts on him, getting on a plane.

Xavier shows up, still with cerebro on his head and talks to his first X-Man and home computer Sage. She has her short Jubilee jacket on. Xavier goes to Sokovia where he drinks some alcohol but the panels make it seem suspicious.

Back to Jean with the healer and Colossus. Cue some empathy and Colossus being more mentally damaged then physically.

Back to the plane flying over Krakoa, the evil humans parachute out and are able to fool Krakoa that they are Domino (maybe because they have bits of Domino on their person) Everyone is wondering what's happening, Black Tom especially who now refers to himself in third person.

Humans land and start shooting things up. Jean, Black Tom, Wolverine, Beast etc get angry and bring the fight to them.

Ends with Xavier having been shot which will apparently ripple through the other books.

I give this 4.5 out of 5 Xaviers

Very good strong start. The art is fantastic and sets the more dark grim tone well. The characters are on point and this seems to really carry on the setting of Krakoa well and how it all works on a day to day basis. Black Tom Cassidy is gonna be the new fan favourite ala Sammy the Squidboy.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Loved it. X-Force #1 is miles better then Excalibur, Marauders or X-men #1s.
    Great start. At least some new team book feels like a team book!

Agree it deserves 4.5 out of 5 Xaviers.

So dar DOX for me:
    X-Force - 4.5
    NM - 4
    Excalibur - 3.5
    Marauders and X-Men both as 3

This was my least favorite of the DOX books. Not feeling the art style and I found it a bit boring

X-force delivered what Marauders promised.

Best #1 so far.

This was a tough read. Good but a really tough read. I feel like i got slapped in the face with reality again and thats what makes it even better. Wolverine was talking to me...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This was so great and brutal. A definite departure from the tones of the other books and a welcomed one at that. I was wary of the art at first (mostly cause of Jean's mega-chin) but it fits the tone so well. I loved seeing Jean flying around.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Percy did it. Didn't see that ending coming probably cuz all the other books took it easy on you.

10/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Well, that was ok I think. It was kind of what I was expecting, so I can't say it surprised me. But it's a good introduction. The cynical tone is a breath of fresh air from other titles, but it doesn't go too far with things being miserable.

I don't get the cliffhanger though...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I’m seeing a lot of people not like this as much as the other dawn of x books, but this may be my favorite. Can’t wait for the next issue

Anyone has any Sage scans?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, that was ok I think. It was kind of what I was expecting, so I can't say it surprised me. But it's a good introduction. The cynical tone is a breath of fresh air from other titles, but it doesn't go too far with things being miserable.

I don't get the cliffhanger though...
    of course Xavier won't be dead, so I ownder what reprecussions this will have.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I’m seeing a lot of people not like this as much as the other dawn of x books, but this may be my favorite. Can’t wait for the next issue
    I absolutely loved it but i'm kind of still in shock to be honest. There is a lot to process here and it was like just flipping another side of my brain. I have to read this book like a lone when i'm in a certain space. But i was swiftly jerked from like laughing to wow this so brutal. But i give it a 9.5/10. Xavier is so innocent in a lot of ways somehow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The Force Protocols talked about the probability of using clones. And we know that there are surplus bodies of Xavier for Proteus.

So maybe Xavier, because of his ability to use Cerebro, is the only mutant that is cloned and now by his death the Force Protocols will start.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Theory:

spoilers:
    I'm guessing the guy that got popped was actually Quire
    end of spoilers
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    of course Xavier won't be dead, so I ownder what reprecussions this will have.
    It had meaning to me as it exists because now i know why they need an X-force and better security. No one should have to suffer like that. That little girl just dancing with her mother and boom angry humans acting like someone is doing something to THEM because the other won't just bend over and take it. This issue made me emotional.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.