Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Great first issue, probably my favorite out of the starting issues. But, I still have problems with accepting the seriousness of any injuries or deaths due to resurrections. As long as the eggs and that process exists, I can't help but view death and injuries as anything more than a minor inconvenience.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Theory:

spoilers:
    I'm guessing the guy that got popped was actually Quire
    end of spoilers
    We cant be that lucky.

The Red Dragon

Better than the cheesiness of some of the other dawn of xbooks, but I feel there are no stakes. Even with Xavier getting shot felt so anticlimactic because they’re just going to bring him back. Same with all the other dead mutants.

And too much Black Tom for my taste. The book just feels bloated cast wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Great first issue, probably my favorite out of the starting issues. But, I still have problems with accepting the seriousness of any injuries or deaths due to resurrections. As long as the eggs and that process exists, I can't help but view death and injuries as anything more than a minor inconvenience.
    Death remains a tremendously traumatic and painful experience.

Domino has been SKINNED.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Theory:

spoilers:
    I'm guessing the guy that got popped was actually Quire
    end of spoilers
    We would all be so lucky if it was and remained dead

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Death remains a tremendously traumatic and painful experience.

Domino has been SKINNED.
    Oh...that's what happened.

Well, now I want to throw up.

And while death itself has been dealt with, that doesn't do away with the consequences of this. And we can see just how the mutants become even more militant and anti-human.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Better than the cheesiness of some of the other dawn of xbooks, but I feel there are no stakes. Even with Xavier getting shot felt so anticlimactic because they’re just going to bring him back. Same with all the other dead mutants.

And too much Black Tom for my taste. The book just feels bloated cast wise.
    Which they do in every story all the time. I really don't get this stakes thing. OMG fictional characters aren't dying so i don't feel the "Stakes." Each their own. I'm going to go do something mindless now to pull myself back together.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

And while death itself has been dealt with, that doesn't do away with the consequences of this. And we can see just how the mutants become even more militant and anti-human.
    Yes, it took me a while to realize Domino's destiny. But if you look, the white lines that humans wear are sewn to their skin.

Xavier still as naive as ever. He really thought security wasn't needed?

Eh. I didn’t really care for this too much and the premise feels a little thin. Even Wolverine and Jeans comments about feeling safe and being slow and careless didn’t really ring true. Like, didn’t you both just deal with Orchis? And then all the planning Xavier/Moira/Magneto have been doing and they didn’t think to plan for something like this?

And the impact of that death didn’t really hit. Been there done that.

Cassara’s art and White’s colors were pretty great though. Bedlam cameo! Huzzah!!! He lives!

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Xavier still as naive as ever. He really thought security wasn't needed?
    They had a security system but it was not prepared for the madness of "Skinning a mutant and dressing her skin to pass the scanners."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    The characters looking shocked, seems more like they forget a bit about ressurrection and/or they really care

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Eh. I didn’t really care for this too much and the premise feels a little thin. Even Wolverine and Jeans comments about feeling safe and being slow and careless didn’t really ring true. Like, didn’t you both just deal with Orchis? And then all the planning Xavier/Moira/Magneto have been doing and they didn’t think to plan for something like this?
    Well, the whole Orchis thing was them deciding to go on a mission somewhere, while knowing they had high chances of dying on it... The thing about feeling safe and being careless is in regard to living in Krakoa. Krakoa is considered a paradise, they haven't been expecting mutant haters to show up attacking people like how it used to happen in the school. And it shouldn't be possible to begin with, they managed to do it by using Domino's DNA...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The characters looking shocked, seems more like they forget a bit about ressurrection and/or they really care
    In House of X Cyclops was worried about the space mission and everyone preferred to avoid dying if possible.

For them, death is still something horrible and terrifying that they want to avoid whenever possible. Yeah, they can come back, but that doesn't mean they haven't suffered a terribly traumatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

This seems a attack made to radicalize, it was only 4 terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In House of X Cyclops was worried about the space mission and everyone preferred to avoid dying if possible.

For them, death is still something horrible and terrifying that they want to avoid whenever possible. Yeah, they can come back, but that doesn't mean they haven't suffered a terribly traumatic experience.
    They are ressurrect without remembering it. Sure no one want to get hurt