Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This seems a attack made to radicalize, it was only 4 terrorists

They are ressurrect without remembering it. Sure no one want to get hurt
    Yeah, but would you let them torture you in a horrible way if the next week you didn't remember what happened?

Again, these are philosophical questions that exist in real debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Death remains a tremendously traumatic and painful experience.

Domino has been SKINNED.
    Other settings that have resurrection via mind-backup often include the option of having one's memories edited to remove such traumatic experiences. I can imagine the X-Men's telepaths offering the same treatment to those who'd rather forget about a particularly gruesome death.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which they do in every story all the time. I really don't get this stakes thing. OMG fictional characters aren't dying so i don't feel the "Stakes." Each their own. I'm going to go do something mindless now to pull myself back together.
    It’s not that they aren’t dying at the moment, it’s that they can never die. Making yout characters functionally immortal just removes any sense of danger.

i hope that Xavier didn't orchestrate this attack to justify an X-force.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Other settings that have resurrection via mind-backup often include the option of having one's memories edited to remove such traumatic experiences. I can imagine the X-Men's telepaths offering the same treatment to those who'd rather forget about a particularly gruesome death.
    I repeat the same thing: Knowing that in the future you will not remember the pain does not make the pain that you will receive in the immediate future hurt less. But this is already something of personal interpretation.

Exactly what I expected from a title like X-force.

The tone is totally different from the other titles.

Deaths may not be definitive in Krakoa but that does not mean they have no meaning. Mutants will learn, will adapt and most importantly they will make those responsible pay .

The lesson is that even in paradise you always need to be prepared as they will never stop coming after you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, the whole Orchis thing was them deciding to go on a mission somewhere, while knowing they had high chances of dying on it... The thing about feeling safe and being careless is in regard to living in Krakoa. Krakoa is considered a paradise, they haven't been expecting mutant haters to show up attacking people like how it used to happen in the school. And it shouldn't be possible to begin with, they managed to do it by using Domino's DNA...
    Yeah, i still don’t see it. No matter what you see firsthand what humans will do. Moira’s extremely paranoid and if she’s still working behind the scenes I just can’t buy that they would get THAT cozy. They’ve been doing this long enough now. Expect the unexpected.

I remember saying a few weeks ago that I really hoped that this resurrection thing wouldn’t be an excuse to have mutants just violently offed just because they can freely do it now. So....take that how you will. Love Cassara’s stuff and still getting to see Trance and Dust namechecked in the Director’s Cut was fun! All-in-all I still love it, just a liiiiiiiiittle bit disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I thought about these. The protocols need some test after all

BANNED

I don’t buy that mutants are this unprepared. Flatscan goons skydiving into krakoa is so basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I don’t buy that mutants are this unprepared. Flatscan goons skydiving into krakoa is so basic.
    They seem to have forgotten to make a "human skinning mutant and wearing them alive" protocol
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Good issue. Honestly at this point I'm more sad about Domino than Charles. I do have a feeling that we are going to find out that there is some deep cost to going through the resurrection process. Some loss that cannot be recouped.

Yeah, we don't even know if Domino was skinned before or after she died.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    It definitely looks like Xavier had to get to where he needed to get to in time. He was the finish line. It was either planned by him or it's Quire acting on his wishes.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Reading your guys insights is making this more intense.

OMG did they actually have pieces of Domino.

This was a great read to me becuase it shows that even though mutants can come back its still intense and traumatic to actively be hunted and murdered.

I think DoX needed to show us this because a lot of people were thinking the X-Men were invinicible gawds that come back all the time.

Mutants are still being murdered. And yes its not something new BUT we needed to see this to show us that some members of human kind are always going to be deplorable.

Humans are ACTIVELY trying to ruin things for the mutant nation.

My question is: Is this where human kind learns that mutants can bring themselves back with resurrection?

Why was a top level telepath running away from mercs?

Did I miss that they had telepathic shielding?

I know the people in the meeting did but the airplane crew?

Do we think Sokovia was responsible for this? They focused on that champagne glass a lot. Was Xavier dosed with a nano tracker?

Really dug this issue.

I LOVED passionate frustrated Jean Grey.

ALSO Black Tom Cassidy is ride or die for Krakoa and im all about that!
    Last edited by CGAR; 11-06-2019 at 09:17 AM.