Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They would have spotted Sentinels and crush them, Black Tom spotted the threat from far out enough for the mutants to react to it. Had it been something conventional they would have been ready for it. The fact that it look like Domino in the scan was what made it work. Domino falling from the sky doesn't make you go "wake up Magneto". Sentinels, boats or planes on the hand immediately get red-flagged and attacked.
    They didn’t even notice the plane. Speaking of which, Nightcrawler could probably have saved the plane if they had.

BANNED

I enjoyed this quite a bit, although I'm more interested in seeing how X-Force works as a team once they're up and running and doing actual missions.

Still, this was good and while the ending is a great cliffhanger, there's absolutely no way that character is dead. Way too soon to cut someone like that out and I'm sure that Hickman wants to use them throughout his run. So, next issue we'll find out how they survived and we'll see how this incident spurs the creation of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    They didn’t even notice the plane. Speaking of which, Nightcrawler could probably have saved the plane if they had.
    Or the plane was kept out of range on purpose.

BANNED

Yes they mentionned gaining altitude before reaching Krakoa.

Come on, everyone. Are you saying that if YOU started a nation you wouldn't be ready for uh, skin wearing Olympian suicide marines, by uh, Week 3, and you wouldn't have all your most powerful people ready to respond and neutralize the threat in the like uh, less than 10 minutes that the entire engagement actually lasted?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

They did say they were bumping the plane up to 60,000 feet right before they jumped. Then they turn on turbo boosters and look like rockets. Black Tom spots them but they think it's Domino because they clustered.

Black Tom: "I don't like it. Not one bit. Don't like all this coming and going without Black Tom knowing the who and where why the hell of it all. That's what I come to talk to you about, boss" and goes on pushing Xavier about why Sage's identification and categorization isn't enough. "We need to think through our defense. Black Tom wants better communication and a clearer..."

So honestly, the readers complaining that they weren't prepared - Black Tom agrees with you.
    Last edited by JB; 11-07-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I'm here for Tom + Sean brother times. I've never liked Black Tom til now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    They do not know yet the mutants have a way to bring Xavier back, so worth it I guess.
    The fact that Domino hasn’t shown up in the Protocols, despite evidently being flayed alive indicates they might have an idea that killing her would be very foolish. Somebody talked. Maybe not about the finer workings of the genetic library, the anima backups or the Five; but enough to know the X-Men has found a way to cheat death faster than usual.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They did say they were bumping the plane up to 60,000 feet right before they jumped. Then they turn on turbo boosters and look like rockets. Black Tom spots them but they think it's Domino because they clustered.

Black Tom: "I don't like it. Not one bit. Don't like all this coming and going without Black Tom knowing the who and where why the hell of it all. That's what I come to talk to you about, boss" and goes on pushing Xavier about why Sage's identification and categorization isn't enough. "We need to think through our defense. Black Tom wants better communication and a clearer..."

So honestly, the readers complaining that they weren't prepared - Black Tom agrees with you.

Yeah, but if only Black Tom is noticing it, that means there's dozens of more intelligent and prepared characters that didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Come on, everyone. Are you saying that if YOU started a nation you wouldn't be ready for uh, skin wearing Olympian suicide marines, by uh, Week 3, and you wouldn't have all your most powerful people ready to respond and neutralize the threat in the like uh, less than 10 minutes that the entire engagement actually lasted?
    We are saying that a nation built by telepaths, supergeniuses, people with thousands of years of experience, many of them known for being cautious and/or suspicious of humans would not have to wait to build an intelligent system only after someone invades the country and attempts to murder the leader; nor literally any country in the world would allow it's leader to go to an hostile country without a staff or any bodyguards (and I imagine if any of them had telepaths, they would have scanned the minds of everyone for possible threats).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If I decreed bi weekly island wide orgies I would expect crashers tbh so thats silly on Xavier's part.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I forgot theyre cousins!! Never thought Black Tom would have a recurring role role in a book before Sean, this is a hate crime.

Tom also raised Terry. Maybe she can pop up eventually. X-Force was the best book she's been in.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Tom, Sean and Theresa.
    Is Theresa still The Morrigan? That could be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but if only Black Tom is noticing it, that means there's dozens of more intelligent and prepared characters that didn't.
    or they did notice it and we should wait for the next issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I forgot theyre cousins!! Never thought Black Tom would have a recurring role role in a book before Sean, this is a hate crime.
    So did I. And Sean is an ex-cop, he better show up.

Tom also raised Terry.
    Oh good lord, that's right. Did she and Jimmy ever ****? Poor Jimmy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    or they did notice it and we should wait for the next issue.
    Or Black Tom is head of security because he's the most qualified for that job so why would we expect other characters to be on security detail when its been established in PoX #4 that it was his job.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Or Black Tom is head of security because he's the most qualified for that job so why would we expect other characters to be on security detail when its been established in PoX #4 that it was his job.
    if you were forming a mutant nation, would you put Black Tom (your nemesis' best pal, child kidnapper, and a prolific terrorist) in charge of security?