Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    well were they mutants? otherwise its just sapiens who cares.
    Death to the flatscans.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    by X-Men Blue, are you referring to the Magneto led team and the Hellfire Club that included a villainess Monet St.Croix and Sebastian Shaw? the X-Men Blue that ended when Pysylocke tried to execute Magneto?
    *Ahem* She did not try, she did. I think they mean X-Men Blue with the O5?

Tom was so heroic here. I actually felt for him.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    *Ahem* She did not try, she did. I think they mean X-Men Blue with the O5?

Tom was so heroic here. I actually felt for him.

I meant Buncanny sorry.

Yeah I really liked Tom and I also liked his frustration and his cursing lol

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What exactly is so jarring?
    What isn't is the better question.

Read the Uncanny run that just ended and contrast those characters with how they are now. Do any of them seem like the same person to you? Not to me. *Polaris and Mystique are exceptions , they seem reasonably consistent with recent continuity.

It's true Age of X-Man was an AU so characterization there can't be compared, but use BLUE, GOLD, RED then. Again... totally different from how they seem now. For the most part. And there has been basically no effort to bridge the gap at all (in fact I'm not confident Hickman read the entire recent runs although hopefully he has), with a handwavey attitude expressed about any need to do so. (This is why I didn't fully accept Moira X = 616 for a long time and in the back of my mind I still have suspicions)

It works for all the new or old fans who didn't follow recent runs but ...
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-08-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Read the Uncanny run that just ended and contrast those characters with how they are now. Do any of them seem like the same person to you? Not to me. *Polaris and Mystique are exceptions , they seem reasonably consistent with recent continuity.

It's true Age of X-Man was an AU so characterization there can't be compared, but use BLUE, GOLD, RED then. Again... totally different from how they seem now. For the most part. And there has been basically no effort to bridge the gap at all (in fact I'm not confident Hickman read the entire recent runs although hopefully he has), with a handwavey attitude expressed about any need to do so.

same thing happens every time a new creative team take over. Well, last few years writing has been so soulless I can see how people didn't even notice from one writer to the other. But thats not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    statistically, i'm sure that there were a couple of mutants in the building.
    according to HoX, mutants accounted for 0.0025% of world population pre Genosha massacre but that was after Morrisson mutant boom. There were many less in the 90's. Meaning that building was just full of flatscans statistically.

BANNED

I find them all pretty in-character. Most of the pointless pre-HOX run wiped the slate. Most of the last decade-plus is also a wash.

BANNED

It's true Age of X-Man was an AU so characterization there can't be compared, but use BLUE, GOLD, RED then. Again... totally different from how they seem now. For the most part. And there has been basically no effort to bridge the gap at all (in fact I'm not confident Hickman read the entire recent runs although hopefully he has), with a handwavey attitude expressed about any need to do so. (This is why I didn't fully accept Moira X = 616 for a long time and in the back of my mind I still have suspicions)

Yeah I'm definitely with ya on this; I think the difference between those runs and here, though, is everybody's personality felt distinct? From speech bubble to speech bubble you got a sense of who everyone was. Compare to this; we've got a facet of Scott's personality here...the blandest aspects of it anyway, but then Rachel and Cable could just be anyone. There's no real distinct 'voices' between them, it's just...clunky. It doesn't feel like casual banter at all.

BANNED

Omitting the fact he's a relatively new character, how is Kid Cable bragging about his guns not a distinctive character trait. People are just looking for any excuse to complain.

BANNED

Omitting the fact he's a relatively new character, how is Kid Cable bragging about his guns not a distinctive character trait. People are just looking for any excuse to complain.
    Alright, fine, it is a character trait, but that alone does not give him a particularly distinct voice here. And people have a right to their opinions; the dialogue feels stiff and personality-less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I find them all pretty in-character. Most of the pointless pre-HOX run wiped the slate. Most of the last decade-plus is also a wash.
    Lame if true; there were some really good developments in there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Alright, fine, it is a character trait, but that alone does not give him a particularly distinct voice here.
    Its a three page preview.

BANNED

Its a three page preview.
    And? I've seen previews where character's personalities came across: Excalibur #1 and Fallen Angels #1, for instance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    so cute!!!!!!!!!
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

You know this could have been much worse. Something flying at Mach 3 goes a little more then half a mile per second...the air defense monitors are only 25 miles out...so how do you respond in less then a minute to a plane crashing into karakoa??

Unless magnito or similar can be alerted in 20 seconds...boom
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    You know this could have been much worse. Something flying at Mach 3 goes a little more then half a mile per second...the air defense monitors are only 25 miles out...so how do you respond in less then a minute to a plane crashing into karakoa??

Unless magnito or similar can be alerted in 20 seconds...boom
    Supersonic Nuclear Munitions travel faster than that. Honestly there is nothing stopping a world power (like Russia, who has SNMs) from just nuking Krakoa out of existence.