Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    And again I point you to the preparedness or lack there of, of the western intelligence community to combat the rise of Islamic terrorism. These are not easy things to solve. No matter how many geniuses you have. You are holding a nascent Krakoa to a standard that long established western democracies were incapable of.
    Lack of preparedness and absence of preparedness are two différent things.
    The latter is what occured here, and is what feels absurd for a nation able to send commandos fight on Space stations in deep Space.
    Zero defenders were shown on those pages.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The latter is what occured here, and is what feels absurd for a nation able to send commandos fight on Space stations in deep Space.
    Black Tom agrees with you!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

People harp over the sapiens being that branch of humanity consisting of genocidal maniacs, harp over how desperately thé mutants needed Krakoa to avoid extinction... but seem ok with the virtual absence of basic security forces and measures on it.
    Mmh-hmm.
    Makes total sense from here.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

A blind precog would have seen this coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

It is really very coincidence that Xavier was in a are that there wasn't any defenders close.

People harp over the sapiens being that branch of humanity consisting of genocidal maniacs, harp over how desperately thé mutants needed Krakoa to avoid extinction... but seem ok with the virtual absence of basic security forces and measures on it.
    Mmh-hmm.
    Makes total sense from here.
    It's in the story. Black Tom made it clear. You decide to either go with the story or not. *shrug*

Let Forge create the Blue Nimrod from New X-Men to protect the island

Have a psi fog around the island that causes auto amnesia to intruders they could try Beautiful dreamer or Martha

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Black Tom agrees with you!
    Oh I know, I pointed that out in a previous comment actually.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is really very coincidence that Xavier was in a are that there wasn't any defenders close.
    Felt like Krakoa doesn't have basic security forces on the ground whatsoever.
    If you're lucky, some X-Men will randomly be having dinner in the vicinity but that's about it.

It's in the story. Black Tom made it clear. You decide to either go with the story or not. *shrug*
    I know. It's just that a story relying this much on PIS from the get go is worrisome.
    We Can already see the gap in quality between Hickman and some X-writers - here, it's blatant.

"No justice, no peace."

You would think we are writing the story. We have no choice but to either be ok with something or not.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Maggot wouldn’t have let this happen. Everybody’s sleeping on the real hitters.

Oh I know, I pointed that out in a previous comment actually.

I know. It's just that a story relying this much on PIS from the get go is worrisome.
    We Can already see the gap in quality between Hickman and some X-writers - here, it's blatant.
    My apologies then. Do you think you'll continue with the next issue? I have a feeling there's a plant (no pun intended) on the island.

Felt like Krakoa doesn't have basic security forces on the ground whatsoever.
    If you're lucky, some X-Men will randomly be having dinner in the vicinity but that's about it.
    I just think it is just much coincidence that in the moment of the attack no one is close. No way they planned this without some help from someone in krakoa.
    I still ownder if this was a plan by Xavier

Y'know, when I saw all of that cloning stuff, it did look like it was overly dependent on Xavier, since he's the one who transfers the memories to other people, and I wondered if other telepaths would be able to take his place if anything happened to him, since Cerebro got new fuctions and HoX/PoX didn't specify if someone else could take his place, or if anyone else was being trained... Maybe they'll answer that in the next issue.

Our collective guess is that Jean uses cerebro to resurrect/save Xavier. I wonder if she has been trained on its use or if it is something that she has to pick up and pick up quickly. I also wonder if Quinton will help, both are omega telepaths.

I did like the tone and them of the story. The X-men feel safe on the island but it caused them to be blind to the dangers that still exist. A lot has changed but one thing hasn't... the world is still dangerous for mutants.

I loved the parts with Beast, Wolverine, and Jean. Black Tom was great but he doesn't interest me much. I would like more Sage and Colossus.

The scene with Jean and the Healer was good. They continue to showcase the empathic nature of Jean's telepathic abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Xavier still as naive as ever. He really thought security wasn't needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I don’t buy that mutants are this unprepared. Flatscan goons skydiving into krakoa is so basic.
    Just read it today, and was surprised that they didn't have better security. If all mutants are congregated in one place, sooner or later something like this was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It definitely looks like Xavier had to get to where he needed to get to in time. He was the finish line. It was either planned by him or it's Quire acting on his wishes.
    He said he was the finish line because they were after him. He was the target, as was said in the panel. Apparently they knew about the purpose of Cerebro.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Why was a top level telepath running away from mercs?

Did I miss that they had telepathic shielding?
    Yes, you did. Xavier thought that as he was running, since he couldn't sense them.

Pure telepaths are SOL when they face someone who has telepathic shielding, because they have absolutely no physical defense. Their defense consists entirely on being able to telepathically stop anyone from attacking them before they can do it. That's the problem with being entirely dependent on powers.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)