Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I know we're used to characters being treated as walking powersets with one or two characteristics slapped on top but consider this: its not realistic that every mutant is standing ready in case of an attack 24/7. Maybe Apocalypse is in otherworld. Maybe Exodus is at the salon getting his locks done. Maybe Magneto is getting a mani pedi. And the Marauders are sleeping off after drinking all the way from Russia to Krakoa. The whole point of Krakoa was that they wouldnt have to be constantly on defcon 1. Not to talk abt the size of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I know we're used to characters being treated as walking powersets with one or two characteristics slapped on top but consider this: its not realistic that every mutant is standing ready in case of an attack 24/7. Maybe Apocalypse is in otherworld. Maybe Exodus is at the salon getting his locks done. Maybe Magneto is getting a mani pedi. And the Marauders are sleeping off after drinking all the way from Russia to Krakoa. The whole point of Krakoa was that they wouldnt have to be constantly on defcon 1. Not to talk abt the size of the island.
    And Vulcan had everyone else in his bedroom.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Please even if every mutant was on standby they still would've gotten bodied. See Extermination.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's not everyone on standby, it's no one standing by or thinking obvious things like "we need an intelligence system".

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I understand that Percy was creating set up to justify the formation of X-Force and the purpose of his book. But there was just such a lack of thought put into this, especially compared to the world building we've seen in HoXPoX. We know from HoX that mutants and the Quiet Council expect an attack at some point, and this issue shows that they really had no protocol for aerial incidents at all beyond "spore detection"? According to the data page in this issue, all air and marine travel has been diverted from the island by 200 miles, so the fact there was a plane entering their airspace should have triggered an immediate response. If they had dropped bombs, would the mutants have just watched them fall?

It should have been a few more mega sentinels, then Xavier shrugs to camera while sad trombone plays.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's not everyone on standby, it's no one standing by or thinking obvious things like "we need an intelligence system".
    The entire point of PoX #6 is Moira being frustrated about Xavier arrogance and optimism. One of the big themes so far has been building a society better then the humans. Hence no security detail when he visits other countries and no vetting for mutants arriving on the island. Jean already stated they won't let something like this happen again so lets see how they move forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As for all the people griping about the security on Krakoa, or lack thereof, due to powerful telepaths and whatnot... you do realize they also have Proteus and now Jamie Braddock also hanging out on the island. Two mutants who can literally alter reality, thereby the means to magically solve any problem or crisis with a thought. Sometimes you just have to suspend disbelief and roll with it. The mutants felt happy and secure, and got lax. Deal with it. For the sake of the story. Otherwise, you’re right. The X-men should never have any adventures. The omega mutants would just resolve everything. End of story.
    I dont have a problem with what transpired, but the execution was off for me. They could have shown that Krakoa was still very vulnerable without making Xavier look like a naive, incompetent fool.

Obviously there may be a reason for that, hopefully, because i want all the books to be good but Xavier going to Sokiva alone? Accepting a drink from an obviously dodgy president? It's just a bridge too fan in terms of suspending disbelief. I know Moria has remarked on his naivety but ahhh, there were better ways to show it.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 11-07-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i think death is cheap period. Because at some point a person is always going to come back regardless so nothing has changed other than an immediate sense of realizing i don't have to wait 10 years to see a character come back. ON top of that the money makers don't die anyway. I don't see what value is added to a story or taken away when you know a character can come back in a week vs a year or in another book with no explanation. But then like life, i live not looking to live before i die i live to experience life. And that's what i want in my stories. I want to experience the characters life, and death doesn't play a part in that for me. But different strokes.
    I think death shouldnt be treated as a joke or something meaningless because is still a powerfull tool. The problems comes when you kill what you cannot kill in a medium like this, where status quo is king.

Still, i think authors should fight for make death at least decent once again. I understand the big resurrection in house of x to make everything as fast as possible but making everyone virtualy inmortal thanks to resurrection is going too far and unnecesary.

You can have the stakes and still not killing anyone, just dont kill important characters or characters that are going to brought back in the next issue.

What i dont want is feeling that this characters are just expendable meat bags.

The entire point of PoX #6 is Moira being frustrated about Xavier arrogance and optimism. One of the big themes so far has been building a society better then the humans. Hence no security detail when he visits other countries and no vetting for mutants arriving on the island. Jean already stated they won't let something like this happen again so lets see how they move forward.
    "We are superiors in our stupidity" more like, if that were true.
    The Shiar are a super advanced civilisation and even them secure their borders with security personnel...
    Krakoa is a nation-state, they have to have security at their borders. That's some downright basic stuff for a country to have.

Again, there was no one beyond Wolverine dinning in the middle of nowhere, Beast on a science trip and Jean who was hovering somewhere around.
    Unless those three are supposed to be the one securing the borders? In which case they messed up Big Time.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

for anyone judging Xavier and Magneto, Agent Zero and Union Jack walked right into Latveria, scaled Doom's castle, and took a shot at him. no place is impregnable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It should have been a few more mega sentinels, then Xavier shrugs to camera while sad trombone plays.
    They would have spotted Sentinels and crush them, Black Tom spotted the threat from far out enough for the mutants to react to it. Had it been something conventional they would have been ready for it. The fact that it look like Domino in the scan was what made it work. Domino falling from the sky doesn't make you go "wake up Magneto". Sentinels, boats or planes on the hand immediately get red-flagged and attacked.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most of the complaints about Percy's story seem to be from people trying to out-think him. I think we should wait until #2 comes out.
    Again...another truth.
    That can be said of 90% of the CBR thread readership/posters. And certainly not pertaining to just X-Force. We've seen/read it throughout the HoX/PoX run to now.
    Very few are willing to just go along and see how the story develops, instead they rather "knee-jerk" critique based solely on how THEY personally think the stories/characters should be written.
    I'm not saying that some critiques aren't valid...ever so often someone does say something smart and interesting...unfortunately those moments are very few and far between.
    Enh...
    Such is the underlying nature of these things.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    for anyone judging Xavier and Magneto, Agent Zero and Union Jack walked right into Latveria, scaled Doom's castle, and took a shot at him. no place is impregnable.
    Anything is possible with PIS.

Goldballs could punch out Galactus.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Pretty good issue. Glad to see Wolverine dislikes this Krakoa status quo. Too bad more aren't talking his common sense.

I thought the ending was pretty "meh" though.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier