Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I'm just not buying a few random non powered humans can just jump in and start killing.
    They're "lab-enhanced" as noted in Percy's script.

"Our point of view is now aligned with the flight attendant. A muscular Asian man. Note that all of our assassins - and he is indeed one of them - are lab-enhanced. A level above even Olympians".

They're also assassins. Brutal enough to kill a plane full of humans to get the job done.
    Last edited by JB; 11-06-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So only three X-Men are suppose to defend? Storm and co are on a boat sailing. Excalibur groups is prob in other world. New mutants are in space. And who knows what mission of the week Scott is on. What trained X-Men are left?
    I think at least Gorgon is supposed to be in Krakoa and have some X-Men at his disposal. Scott, Bishop and Magik being out of the island makes sense, but he's supposed to be there.

Man, I need to take this book apart later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Death has never been meaningful in comics haha
    I’m going by what the stated goal of the changes in HOX were.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

16 million deaths is a long way to go if it's about increasing the quantity. We are at what 7 or 8 so far between all the books.
    Isn’t 7 or 8 deaths in a brand new era of books a little much? In the sense that it’s like “meh”. Maybe it’s just me.

I thought the goal of the new status quo was to reduce deaths in comics because “they’ll just come back anyway”? Not my words.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I think at least Gorgon is supposed to be in Krakoa and have some X-Men at his disposal. Scott, Bishop and Magik being out of the island makes sense, but he's supposed to be there.

Man, I need to take this book apart later.
    I give you that one but I'm not sure what even he could do in the situation. They need to focus more heavily on reviving combat mutants rather than children right now. Not to mention the script also specifically said no mutant used in any other book is to appear so who even knows what that list looks like especially with the release schedule.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Isn’t 7 or 8 deaths in a brand new era of books a little much? In the sense that it’s like “meh”. Maybe it’s just me.

I thought the goal of the new status quo was to reduce deaths in comics because “they’ll just come back anyway”? Not my words.
    They actually have to do something to reduce the deaths I feel that is what the book is telling us. Just hiding in an island isn't going to stop evil thoughts it's going to enhance. The humans were all " you think we wouldn't fight back." They were proably shocked how easy it was too. " Like damn I thought I was told they were here training to come and get us not beaching. '
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I give you that one but I'm not sure what even he could do in the situation. They need to focus more heavily on reviving combat mutants rather than children right now. Not to mention the script also specifically said no mutant used in any other book is to appear so who even knows what that list looks like especially with the release schedule.
    Well, Gorgon is supposed to be a skilled warrior and be able to lead a squad to defend the island. I'm actually getting annoyed at the fact that Percy didn't show him there or gave a justification for his absence. We'll see

I agree that they should be focusing on bringing back combatants before the children. The usual posters here calling them Nazis for it will be hilarious, though.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

X-Force was better than Excalibur but I enjoyed Marauders and X-Men more. Black Tom was the highlight of the comic but overall pretty meh
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    X-Force was better than Excalibur but I enjoyed Marauders and X-Men more. Black Tom was the highlight of the comic but overall pretty meh
    I would rank in order
    Mauraders
    Xforce (I'm still slightly stunned)
    X-Men
    New mutants
    Excalibur
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I would rank in order
    Mauraders
    Xforce (I'm still slightly stunned)
    X-Men
    New mutants
    Excalibur
    Mine would be

New Mutants
    Excalibur
    Marauders
    X-force
    X-men

I'd go

Marauders
    Excalibur
    X-Men
    X-Force
    New Mutants

Having processed it all this is definitely one of my top books. This is my favourite with Marauders close by, then New Mutants joint with Excalibur then X-Men way down bottom. Need to start thinking about what books I'm gonna start dropping as I can't afford them all going forward as ongoings.

Or in handy list form

X-Force
    Marauders
    New Mutants/Excalibur
    X-Men
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'd go

Marauders
    Excalibur
    X-Men
    X-Force
    New Mutants
    The funny thing is I think Excalibur is a much better book than I give it credit for it just didn't click in my brain as reader friendly for me. So I'm definitely going to get the first trade when it comes out .
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well, Gorgon is supposed to be a skilled warrior and be able to lead a squad to defend the island. I'm actually getting annoyed at the fact that Percy didn't show him there or gave a justification for his absence. We'll see

I agree that they should be focusing on bringing back combatants before the children. The usual posters here calling them Nazis for it will be hilarious, though.
    I'm starting to think that the Captains titles are mostly fluff and will only ever be relevant if it involves Cyclops.

Excalibur, X-Force - tie
    New Mutants
    Marauders
    X-Men