Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

here are my rankings:

1. xfactor
    2. new mutants
    3. mauraders
    4. xmen
    5. excalibur
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

X-Force
    New Mutants
    Marauders
    X-Men/Excalibur
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

1 - Marauders
    2 - X-Men/New Mutants
    3 - X-Force
    4 - Excalibur

That would be it for me. I wonder if Fallen Angels will surpass anything.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    I thought the issue was good

However, the defenses of Krakoa are worrisome if 4 people can cause this much ruckus.

I do tend to wonder how the military and economic features of Krakoa works. Is there a school system for the younger mutant?...are there Krakoa Dollars?...is there a police/military system (outside of the X-Men)? what do they do for entertainment?, etc

but that's just me thinking aloud as a big ole nerd?
    Not just you, I’ve been saying for weeks that Krakoa need administration. Mandarins. Civil servants, which all sounds horribly boring, but is necessary to run a nation state. Plus, mutants coming to paradise are going to get awfully bored, awfully quick without jobs to do.

I enjoyed the issue well enough. Didn't mind Tom's use of "we" either, since he seems to be literally including Krakoa in on the conversation, and I like that this second-rate crook has a chance to finally have a path to being important and is taking it seriously. I also appreciated the inclusion of the script as an extra; behind-the-scenes stuff always intrigues me. Good art. I didn't think the set-up was overly contrived; seemed like a suicide mission specifically aiming to cripple Krakoa. I doubt any of those mooks figured they'd be getting off the island alive. They just needed to cut through bodies until they pinpointed their target. The only point that fell flat for me was the notion that they'd last more than fifteen seconds given how many X-Men are around.

In the minus column, not so fond of Colossus getting the same oh noes, trauma catatonia that Nightcrawler did at the start of Extraordinary X-Men, tbh; smacks too much of pinning the "let's kick the puppy" trope on a veteran character. If we're going that route, use it to smack some sense into QQ. And I'm just not interested in most of this team. I'll wait for the reviews on the second issue, but if the story stays interesting, I won't take that much convincing to get the next one.

Astonishing Member

Well, ‘credit’ where credit is due, the attack was audacious.

This new group knows enough to know that they need the flesh of a living X-Men to fool Black Tom long enough to land, to know that allowing Domino to die would alert the X-Men, and to prioritise destroying Cerebro.

And they have achieved... a planefull of dead sapien civilians, one destroyed Cerebro unit and a lot of temporally dead mutants (although destroying the Cerebro May mean a gap in their ressurexion back-up, and they’ll be rightfully traumatized)

Now the X-Men are enraged, and human agency that has to deal with the dead sapiens are pissed, the most obvious means of entering Krakoa and the means to do so are exposed and lost. Even Stryker is face-palming from Hell at the stupidity

Rankings so far (with the caveat that I haven't actually disliked any of them):

- Excalibur
    - New Mutants
    - Marauders
    - X-Men
    - X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Most damning evidence that Xavier is the same fool he ever was is that he sent Colossus on a CLANDESTINE mission. Unless he was purposefully trying to get rid of him.
    If he still had the beard and crew cut, he would’ve been invisible as a trendy art hoe living in St. Petersburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    What did mess up?
    Hearing this is making me anxious for his upcoming Wolverine run.
    You shouldn't listen to just 1 fan saying that Percy's run was a mess. A lot of fans enjoyed his Green Arrow run.
    I mean, look at Morrison : some fans hate his New X-Men run. Some others, like me, love it with passion.

And even if Percy had messed up Green Arrow, does that mean that he will mess up Wolverine or X-Force ?
    Take Milligan, he was great with x-Force/X-Statics and was "meh" with his X-Men run, imo.
    Last edited by franckd; 11-06-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Spectacular Member

Great issue, great art. Looking forward to this book the next couple of months!! (was that Sienna Blaze in there??)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Well, ‘credit’ where credit is due, the attack was audacious.

This new group knows enough to know that they need the flesh of a living X-Men to fool Black Tom long enough to land, to know that allowing Domino to die would alert the X-Men, and to prioritise destroying Cerebro.

And they have achieved... a planefull of dead sapien civilians, one destroyed Cerebro unit and a lot of temporally dead mutants (although destroying the Cerebro May mean a gap in their ressurexion back-up, and they’ll be rightfully traumatized)

Now the X-Men are enraged, and human agency that has to deal with the dead sapiens are pissed, the most obvious means of entering Krakoa and the means to do so are exposed and lost. Even Stryker is face-palming from Hell at the stupidity
    To kill some mutants, the terrorist killed a entire airplane full of humans.

so much for humans win the war...

*queue black Tom and his back up dancers.

Where them defenses at
    From front to back, yo we under attack
    Xavier got shot dead in a karokan patch
    Put one hand up and then repeat that
    Where them defenses aaaat
    Where them defenses aaa aaaat
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ranking so far:

X-Force
    New Mutants
    X-Men
    Marauders
    Excalibur
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    *queue black Tom and his back up dancers.

Where them defenses at
    From front to back, yo we under attack
    Xavier got shot dead in a karokan patch
    Put one hand up and then repeat that
    Where them defenses aaaat
    Where them defenses aaa aaaat
    (Muties better scat when the gat goes click-clack)
    Reavers will have your family dressed in all black
    Or Reavers will have your family dressed in all black

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Reavers will have your family dressed in all black
    Or Reavers will have your family dressed in all black
    And now that we dressed in black
    We like hey yo ain't this whack
    Thought we were safe from the click-clack
    But like usual, the humans clapped back

Where those defenses at
    Where those defenses at
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/