Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

One thing these books is doing is showing how silly fear of Mutants is. One guy in a suit can take down two omegas and four humans can enter Krakoa and murder everything. Glass cannons in a glass house.

That was very good. Amazing, awful and creepy. I read it yesterday twice (one in work, so not much details and second one in home). Holly hell.

I'd say everyone was in character, Wolverine was awesome, showing Beast, and readers, how it's not so shiny and delusional as it seem in X-Men and the scene during the attack. Jean finally shown more in character than in HoxPox or X-Men. Black Tom was very interesting as a character I didn't know I'd have any interest in.
    But the thing with Domino was the worst, still keeps me wanting to vomit. Only second time reading I've seen the white stripes of skin sawn to the bad guys. We still don't know how she is, still alive or not. And she's one of my favorites, no matter if it's X-Force or her own series. Poor Domino didn't deserve like that and I'm looking forward for the healing process, more mental than physical.

Since each book is so different in topics, no idea if this one was the best, but the climate of this suits me well, and emotions sticked with me for longest. It was so much different from New Mutants, which I'm glad came before this.
    The thing with Xavier doesn't bother me that much, although I wonder how it'll influence the other titles.

Excited to see Jean kick some ass.

I wonder what was in the champagne Xavier was drinking. Excited to see what he does wen he's resurrected (also WHO resurrects him, we know there have been some telepaths training to use Cerebro in that way, excited to see which telepaths it is.)

Ultimate Member

I liked that, on the cover, Quentin's T-shirt lists the names of the characters who were on the cover of the first X-Force #1, 'Nathan, Neena, Gaveedra, etc.'

That was cute, and one could truthfully say that 'they were on the cover,' at least, in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I wonder what was in the champagne Xavier was drinking. Excited to see what he does wen he's resurrected (also WHO resurrects him, we know there have been some telepaths training to use Cerebro in that way, excited to see which telepaths it is.)
    The Directors cut says it was a tracker.

Fantastic Member

Everything looks so muddy

Astonishing Member

I would imagine there will be a great deal of sapien agencies who would like words with this new group, what they know and how they know it; and probably also to express unhappiness at how they killed a planeload of Sapiens all to accomplish sweet f-all by doing all that to only send in a 4-man team to shoot up the place

For obvious reasons, X-Force is also going to want to know how they know about the Protocols

I get they were trying to make a point but I didn't like how easy it was to invade Krakoa.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I get they were trying to make a point but I didn't like how easy it was to invade Krakoa.
    I'm thinking since they thought it was Domino, the X-gene must have been detected which means her luck powers could still have been active which would help A LOT. But also I don't think it was a problem they were able to get to Krakoa considering everything they went through to do it.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

i'm still onboard. but i don't like the art. and beyond his appearance, there's nothing Black Tom-ish about this Black Tom. do the Reavers still answer to Donald Pierce? or has that arrangement changed? i miss Prettyboy.

Dean White's on colors has been a look since Remender's Uncanny X-Force. So I get what they're going for and appreciate it for what is worth.

I kind of want them to bring in a colorist that is in between Dean White and who ever colors Excalbiur because that is bright AF. I want a good balance.

Although we do know the main reason for the attack was to get Xavier. I also think that humans wanted to make a point that mutants will never be safe.

The cruelty of what humans can do was the point driven in to the mutants. I love Jean's response that they were stupid and slow. And that this should never happen again.

Because if you really think about it, for all the planning of Magneto and Xavier little things are slipping. Like the defense of Krakoa.

Imagine what was going on in Genosha. I can't even begin.
    Last edited by CGAR; 11-07-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

I loved this issue lol its amazing how each of these dawn of X books have a little something for everybody.

1.X-Men/X-Force
    2. Excalibur
    3. Maurauders/New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    One thing these books is doing is showing how silly fear of Mutants is. One guy in a suit can take down two omegas and four humans can enter Krakoa and murder everything. Glass cannons in a glass house.
    The Marauders example is totally missing the point that they were a diversion so ‘Kate’ could sneak up on him. And, clearly four guys in Domino skin can’t murder anyone, because murder implies people actually die.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

You know Krakoa has the flatscans spooked when they’re pulling some Buffalo Bill shenanigans.

BANNED

Read it twice now.

• Love the art and the atmosphere it created.
    • Writing wise, it's a mixed bag. I loved that one Reaver asking Xavier how he didn't see this coming. Felt very grounded.
    • Wasn't bothered by the way the assault was conducted. Xavier trusts all mutants because he's an idealist building an ideal society. Securitarism and paranoia, wearing masks and conducting purity tests are for flatscans. But its also the thing to do when you're in a war. In a perfect society there would be no X-Force yadda yadda.
    • Didn't think much of the way the cast was handled. Felt very disjointed. Unlike X-Men, Excalibur or Marauders I didn't get there was one character the story gravitated around. But unlike New Mutants they didn't feel like an unit, just scattered pieces. I guess Black Tom got more focus then the rest but it didn't serve his character, only the plot.
    • The ending felt very cinematic and tense but Sage's voice didnt feel right at all. Jean would have been better to raise emotional stakes but then we would have suffered a week worth of posts abt how she isnt a STRONG WOMAN so I'll take it for now. My current theory is Sage exagerrated her reaction to conceal the fact she let Xavier die.