Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    "We are superiors in our stupidity" more like, if that were true.
    The Shiar are a super advanced civilisation and even them secure their borders with security personnel...
    Krakoa is a nation-state, they have to have security at their borders. That's some downright basic stuff for a country to have.

Again, there was no one beyond Wolverine dinning in the middle of nowhere, Beast on a science trip and Jean who was hovering somewhere around.
    Unless those three are supposed to be the one securing the borders? In which case they messed up Big Time.
    Countries are updating their defenses all the time.

They thought they had it all under control. They didn't. Learn and evolve. They didn't prepare for a small group of powered assassins hijacking a plane, killing a bunch of human passengers, wearing the skin of one of their own and skydiving at ridiculous speeds. Like you said, they messed up big time and I find that more relatable than having it all figured out.

Somehow they knew wearing pieces of Domino would keep them undetected. I hope there isn't someone on the inside leaking this information.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Pretty good issue. Glad to see Wolverine dislikes this Krakoa status quo. Too bad more aren't talking his common sense.

I thought the ending was pretty "meh" though.
    I wouldn't call that common sense

Wolverine has always been a rebel even at his own peril.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

They thought they had it all under control. They didn't. Learn and evolve. They didn't prepare for a small group of powered assassins hijacking a plane, killing a bunch of human passengers, wearing the skin of one of their own and skydiving at ridiculous speeds. Like you said, they messed up big time and I find that more relatable than having it all figured out.

Somehow they knew wearing pieces of Domino would keep them undetected. I hope there isn't someone on the inside leaking this information.
    I had a very similar thought when I read a summary.
    I was like...hmmm, how did they know that that ploy would work? Interesting...which then led me to..."Why and how would that work?"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Is Xavier crucial to the "resurrection" process or can another skilled telepathy like Jean or Emma take over?
    In the past, Jean has already done what Xavier was doing with minds. And there would already be a Xavier backup, so him being killed is irrelevent.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    You know Krakoa has the flatscans spooked when they’re pulling some Buffalo Bill shenanigans.
    Just taking a page from Swordsman/Andreas Strucker. He used his dead sister's skin to use his/their powers. Also, sort of what the U-Men were doing.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

But that's the issue here: there was no défense. Zilch. Nada. Rien.
    You had basically Cassidy and Sage acting like radars. People are not complaining about Krakoa having live radars, they are complaining about the absence of défensive forces.
    The great captains.
    Their teams.
    Where were they?
    Beyond them, there's no basic enforcers on the island? No one on stand-by near the portals, or on the coastline?
    The writer could have shown the Reavers slip through the défensive forces of Krakoa.
    Instead, he decided to show there wasn't any sort of défensive forces on Krakoa, with the sapien commando meeting no opposition until starting the massacre.
    To me, that's either lazyness on its part or Bad writing. Off-putting in both cases.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I had a very similar thought when I read a summary.
    I was like...hmmm, how did they know that that ploy would work? Interesting...which then led me to..."Why and how would that work?"
    Something is off with our boy Piotr. Here's Percy's notes:

"And here we go close on Colossus as his eyes open (he was feigning sleep a moment before). His expression is calm and calculating, and we should suspect that something is off".

I'm thinking the memories Jean saw when she scanned his mind were implants. I think something worse went down for him while undercover in Russia and I think he may have been turned into a sleeper agent or experimented on to break him. CIA/black ops indeed, Percy.
    Last edited by JB; 11-07-2019 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

I hope Colossus spends the entire run as a brain dead meat puppet having to be remote controlled by Jean or Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I hope Colossus spends the entire run as a brain dead meat puppet having to be remote controlled by Jean or Sage.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Reading your guys insights is making this more intense.

OMG did they actually have pieces of Domino.

This was a great read to me becuase it shows that even though mutants can come back its still intense and traumatic to actively be hunted and murdered.

I think DoX needed to show us this because a lot of people were thinking the X-Men were invinicible gawds that come back all the time.

Mutants are still being murdered. And yes its not something new BUT we needed to see this to show us that some members of human kind are always going to be deplorable.

Humans are ACTIVELY trying to ruin things for the mutant nation.

My question is: Is this where human kind learns that mutants can bring themselves back with resurrection?

Why was a top level telepath running away from mercs?

Did I miss that they had telepathic shielding?

I know the people in the meeting did but the airplane crew?

Do we think Sokovia was responsible for this? They focused on that champagne glass a lot. Was Xavier dosed with a nano tracker?

Really dug this issue.

I LOVED passionate frustrated Jean Grey.

ALSO Black Tom Cassidy is ride or die for Krakoa and im all about that!
    I too confused by this, telepathic shielding or no shouldn't Xavier with the current/any version of Cerebro be able to smash through ANY telepathic shielding? If not, shouldn't that be apart of the next upgrade given the circumstances?

All very well said. I highlighted the above sentence because one of the first things I thought was perhaps it's time for Xavier to learn how to fight.
    Doesn't Xavier already have extensive combat and fire arm training?

Loved the issue, my favorite of the bunch so far, few notes however I think I interpreted the issue differently in a few places. One I thought the purpose of the attack was so that the series and the franchise as a whole could address any future issues of attacks on the island at the onset. Two maybe it's just me but I thought that, the "Xavier" could have possibly been a clone, something definitely seemed off with him.

Lastly, I thought the author did an amazing job balancing all the characters and giving them all something to do.

Imagine that, you really can write a Jean who contributes to the series, is active, and not the star of the series in only one issue? I wish Jean fans had been saying this consistently for the last few weeks, because I didn't think it was possible....

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That (Sleeper Agent Colossus) would be very interesting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Loved the issue, my favorite of the bunch so far, few notes however I think I interpreted the issue differently in a few places. One I thought the purpose of the attack was so that the series and the franchise as a whole could address any future issues of attacks on the island at the onset. Two maybe it's just me but I thought that, the "Xavier" could have possibly been a clone, something definitely seemed off with him.
    I was starting to think this too with Sinister hanging around. I found it odd too that Xavier went by himself to Sokovia. Maybe the Cerebro is a decoy.

loganluviper

The X-Men got caught slacking. It's happens. Now they know of a flaw in their defense. They look at this mistake,correct the problem and make sure it doesn't happen again. The attackers was more prepared and more focus. They didn't use any military tactics, no bombs,no sentinels. They use a unconventional tactical assault that even if you was prepared for will still catch you unaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That (Sleeper Agent Colossus) would be very interesting.
    The very next page we go back to the plane being hijacked by the assassins. Creepy.

This all could be very big in scale. We don't know where Domino is when she's captured but we know they used her flesh to get the assassins in. We also know Xavier drank a tracker while visiting Sokovia, and we have Piotr's oddness after returning from Russia. There are many elements at play here and it's looking like a joint attack on Krakoa.
    Last edited by JB; 11-07-2019 at 12:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    "We are superiors in our stupidity" more like, if that were true.
    The Shiar are a super advanced civilisation and even them secure their borders with security personnel...
    Krakoa is a nation-state, they have to have security at their borders. That's some downright basic stuff for a country to have.

Again, there was no one beyond Wolverine dinning in the middle of nowhere, Beast on a science trip and Jean who was hovering somewhere around.
    Unless those three are supposed to be the one securing the borders? In which case they messed up Big Time.
    They just dealt a massive blow to Orchis which is made up of smartest human scientists, got their country recognized by the UN and found a way to circumvent dying. Getting cocky and underestimating the Reavers is a conceivable mistake. Not to mention in the grand scheme of things, the attack was pretty inconsequential, we know Xavier will be back, so will the other casualties. Except now humans showed their hand and XForce is activated.