Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I'm gonna need some kind of marker of how much actual 616 continuity exists in this Moira X at some point. I honestly don't know. It really does not seem like Rosenburg's run happened here. Or other things.
    Rosenberg run happened as we saw Rahne being ressurrected

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rosenberg run happened as we saw Rahne being ressurrected
    Yeah I thought about that 2 seconds after I posted but still... so many other things don't add up for me at all. Just really jarring breaks in characterization that I guess we are supposed to chalk up to the whole thing with how Xavier chooses the mental state to create people from, and apparently that is modifiable as well... which is inherently insidious honestly
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The question I have is, did any base ever have mutants actually ‘on guard’? Like if the X men break into Asteroid M they will run into acolytes…but it’s not like ‘on patrol’ it’s just ‘hey I live here’… even Apocalypse never has guards.

Now I remember 1 story (around hope time) when cyclops ‘tricks’ namor into staying back to defend the island…but even that was played more for laughs (ha ha Namor has a big ego).

I would think even something as simple as 5 ‘defender teams’ per island. 2 flyers, 1 teleporter and 2-5 combat troops (half blaster half ground melee guys) that work on 3 shifts of ‘on patrol’ per day with a bit of over lap…

Example: team 1: arcangle, firestar, blink, strong guy, Vulcan, wild child, rockslide, and dazzler all sit near black tom and sage, every 30 mins (alternating) one of them flys around the island, but for the most part they just sit and BS unless Sage or Black tom notices something…

I also just realized black tom can be ‘on duity’ but wont sage need replacements for her time off…

I also would love to see the councle all turn down protection...except A...that would be so funny
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I would think even something as simple as 5 ‘defender teams’ per island. 2 flyers, 1 teleporter and 2-5 combat troops (half blaster half ground melee guys) that work on 3 shifts of ‘on patrol’ per day with a bit of over lap…

Example: team 1: arcangle, firestar, blink, strong guy, Vulcan, wild child, rockslide, and dazzler all sit near black tom and sage, every 30 mins (alternating) one of them flys around the island, but for the most part they just sit and BS unless Sage or Black tom notices something…
    We're promoting you to captain. Someone get this man a hat!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lol I am the Capt now...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

so no one's going to suggest that the Xavier who was shot was the Changeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Tom is a good guy now. He just needed someome to give him the right direction.

Plus he never seemed evil evil, more like he did stuff for shits & giggles.
    he blew up the world trade center.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    with civilians inside? otherwise its just a building who cares.

He began to show some herois in X-Men Blue, he wanted to be an X-Man! . His secondary mutation messed him up badly, he probably was in a Proteus like situation.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    with civilians inside? otherwise its just a building who cares.
    of course with civilians inside

BANNED

of course with civilians inside
    well were they mutants? otherwise its just sapiens who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    He began to show some herois in X-Men Blue, he wanted to be an X-Man! . His secondary mutation messed him up badly, he probably was in a Proteus like situation.
    by X-Men Blue, are you referring to the Magneto led team and the Hellfire Club that included a villainess Monet St.Croix and Sebastian Shaw? the X-Men Blue that ended when Pysylocke tried to execute Magneto?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    well were they mutants? otherwise its just sapiens who cares.
    statistically, i'm sure that there were a couple of mutants in the building.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah I thought about that 2 seconds after I posted but still... so many other things don't add up for me at all. Just really jarring breaks in characterization that I guess we are supposed to chalk up to the whole thing with how Xavier chooses the mental state to create people from, and apparently that is modifiable as well... which is inherently insidious honestly
    What exactly is so jarring?

by X-Men Blue, are you referring to the Magneto led team and the Hellfire Club that included a villainess Monet St.Croix and Sebastian Shaw? the X-Men Blue that ended when Pysylocke tried to execute Magneto?
    Mmm it sounds bad when you word it like that. They were a... Singular iteration of the X-Men.

I can get behind the "yeah he was bad but not that much, and the worse stuff is his mutation messing him up" explanation.

Edit: and yes I meant Uncanny not Blue, sorry.
    Last edited by Veitha; 11-08-2019 at 12:08 PM.