Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanos' Army (Avengers: Endgame) Vs X-Men Movie Universe

Imagine an X-Men movie universe scenario in which MCU Thanos had snapped his fingers. A bunch of events have unfolded, similarly to the MCU, that sees Thanos killed, then reemerging from the past in 2023.

A battle is taking place outside a destroyed X-Mansion between Thanos and the trio of Wolverine, Storm and Iceman (replacing Captain America, Thor and Iron Man).

Thanos wins and Wolverine is the last man standing, as the Mad Titan's army arrives. The clawed hero with the regenerative healing factor approaches the army, still determined, still naively hopeful.

But then he hears a voice on his communicator:

"Logan, do you read me?"

He stops in his tracks.

"Logan, it's Jean".

Jean had died five years earlier.

Suddenly, portals open behind him...

Out of one comes Jean, Professor X (let's say his wheelchair can fly) and Cyclops.

Out of another comes Cable, Deadpool, Domino and Firefist.

Out of another comes Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Out of another comes Magneto with an army of 100 Sentinels.

Out of another comes Darwin, Banshee and Angel Salvador.

Out of another comes Bishop, Blink, Sunspot and Warpath.

Storm and Iceman awaken from being K.O.'d.

From under the rubble of the X-Mansion, Quicksilver, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Angel, Kitty Pryde and Beast emerge.

Thanos' army is exactly the same, except he has Fox's Apocalypse on his side (the bad guys need some TP).

Any X-characters who've been played by young and old actors are composite.

So...

X-Team (all live action)
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Iceman
    Jean Grey
    Professor X
    Cyclops
    Cable
    Deadpool
    Domino
    Firefist
    Colossus
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Magneto
    100 Sentinels (Under Magneto's control)
    Darwin
    Banshee
    Angel Salvador
    Bishop
    Blink
    Sunspot
    Warpath
    Quicksilver
    Mystique
    Nightcrawler
    Angel
    Kitty Pryde
    Beast
    Vs
    Thanos' Army (all live action)
    Thanos
    Apocalypse
    Ebony Maw
    Cull Obsidian
    Corvus Glaive
    Proxima Midnight
    The Chitauri (foot soldiers, space whales, gorillas)
    Outriders
    Sakaarans

Scenarios:
    1) Thanos gets the Space and Mind Stone only.
    2) Add the Power Stone on top of those two.
    3) Add the Time Stone on top of those three.
    Last edited by KJS; 11-06-2019 at 09:25 AM.

So Jean includes all movie Phoenix versions?

Quicksilver blitzes last the army, steals the mind gem from Thanos and uses it to turn the army against him

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Jean just annihilates everyone instantly. She's fast enough to react to Fox Quicksilver mid-blitz. That puts her way, way beyond anyone here who could remotely threaten her. Poccy might be in that range, having equally reacted to Quicky, but composite Jean is just massively more powerful. Being honest, Magneto can waste nearly everyone here. The beings he CAN'T just overwhelm, he can kill using Thanos' sword thingy.

And all of that ignore the nonsense Chaz can pull, that Quicky himself can do: taking Thanos' sword thing then just running through and beheading everyone would certainly to the trick.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

As others have noted, Apocalypse is the only one stopping team Mutant from doing very bad things at the bell. He can handle Quicksilver and the Professor, but the inclusion of Jean makes this far too problematic for him. He goes down in the opening moments.

You can maybe argue that for scenario 2, Apocalypse meat shield sacrifices himself and puts all his efforts into slowing those 3 down long enough for the 3 seconds it would take Thanos to mega nuke team Mutant with the IG. Mileage might vary.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It's just a pretty thin argument. :-)

I don't see him delaying Dark Phoenix level Jean for even a thousandth of a second, much less the half or full second it would take for Thanos to build something up big enough to hurt her. She was so strong that she just laughably shut down Chuck when he was using Cerebro amped up well beyond safe levels. And that was early, before she started mastering her powers at all, when she was still in the "woe is me" phase. Jean at the end of Apocalypse was pretty even-steven with Poccy. Jean here has an explicit, ridiculous, off all possible charts upgrade.

Also one needs to add that getting run straight through the heart by evil mega powerful space aliens did something between "jack" and "squat" to her.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It's just a pretty thin argument. :-)

I don't see him delaying Dark Phoenix level Jean for even a thousandth of a second, much less the half or full second it would take for Thanos to build something up big enough to hurt her. She was so strong that she just laughably shut down Chuck when he was using Cerebro amped up well beyond safe levels. And that was early, before she started mastering her powers at all, when she was still in the "woe is me" phase. Jean at the end of Apocalypse was pretty even-steven with Poccy. Jean here has an explicit, ridiculous, off all possible charts upgrade.

Also one needs to add that getting run straight through the heart by evil mega powerful space aliens did something between "jack" and "squat" to her.
    My Dark Pheonix knowledge is second hand, so I'll take your word for it!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    My Dark Pheonix knowledge is second hand, so I'll take your word for it!
    The movie isn't great, and it's universe is dead-ish, so I can easily see not caring or knowing about it.

Basically, after Apocalypse, mutants, notably the X Men, start working hand in hand saving people, and are pretty much officially sanctioned to do so. The president has an X Phone on his desk and everything.

The shuttle is in space, about to get eaten by "solar flares" after suffering massive systems malfunctions. You can guess that this was not a solar flare. The XMen head on up, despite the danger, to save the day. They do, but Jean winds up absorbing this energy, which is the phoenix force, explicitly narrated as the force that brought life to the universe. It's destroyed everything else it has ever touched, including planets and bigger, ever since apparently.

Jean absorbs it and hosts it.

With it, and before she remotely masters it...

Beast does tests on her and notes that her power level is massively increased, and is basically completely off the level his machine can read. Note, this is years AFTER Apocalypse.

Chaz uses a maxed-out, boosted Cerebro to try to locate her and communicate with her. She completely stones him from reading anything, without even trying. She tells him to stop, he doesn't. So she just kicks him out, KOing him.

She out-metal-manipulates an enraged, Imma-kill-you Magneto, and does it completely casually.

She reacts mid-blitz to Quicksilver, knocking him out for the rest of the movie. Further, what she does is done quickly enough that HE can't react to it in turn.

There are some mutant power blockers that work on everyone they are used against. They are put on Jean while she sleeps, and she's being sedated. She manages to wake up through that and just disintegrates the power blocker.

There are some aliens who ignore high caliber military weapons. She casually dusts them with a wave.

Said aliens have a lot of super strength as well. She gets stabbed straight through the heart and torso by one, and just ignores it.

If she just does what she can do, it's all over sooooooooooo quickly.

So the bit from Apocalypse where she goes all Phoenix wasn't the actual Phoenix?

Extraordinary Member

My first thought was that Thanos' army has an awful lot of metal for movie Magneto to play around with.

So that, in addition to Jean and Quicksilver, is going to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    So the bit from Apocalypse where she goes all Phoenix wasn't the actual Phoenix?
    Nope - that was more like potential, though, in classic Fox XMen fashion, it's not like they addressed the point at all.

I mean, she's clearly the "designated" host for the Phoenix, given that the thing has been wondering around since the birth of the universe simply consuming everything it touches. Until she bonds with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My first thought was that Thanos' army has an awful lot of metal for movie Magneto to play around with.

So that, in addition to Jean and Quicksilver, is going to be a problem.
    Oh indeed, Mags will make a wonderful cleanup service.

Magneto can control metal with what is essentially "metallic telekinesis" and his most powerful moves involve lifting a stadium and the Golden Gate Bridge.

I gave Thanos the Tesseract, which gives him standard telekinesis - i.e. the power to telekinetically move anything - and his most powerful move involved using a moon as a weapon.

Ergo Thanos has the means to counter Magneto, so it seems a strange argument to point out Magneto's worth, but not the Tesseract's.

It would be like using "Spider-Man stopped a train" as an advantageous point in a Spider-Man vs Superman rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Magneto can control metal with what is essentially "metallic telekinesis" and his most powerful moves involve lifting a stadium and the Golden Gate Bridge.

I gave Thanos the Tesseract, which gives him standard telekinesis - i.e. the power to telekinetically move anything - and his most powerful move involved using a moon as a weapon.

Ergo Thanos has the means to counter Magneto, so it seems a strange argument to point out Magneto's worth, but not the Tesseract's.

It would be like using "Spider-Man stopped a train" as an advantageous point in a Spider-Man vs Superman rumble.
    Eh, Mags has numerous feats of manipulating dozens and hundreds of individual things at once. Thanos lacks that a lot. Also, I don't think that the moon thing was space stone only, was it?

But in any case, Mags here doesn't have to out-manipulate Thanos: the idea proposed was that he's good for MOST of the other team.

Jean trivially solos so it just doesn't matter. She reacts in real time to a dude with many-thousands-of-mach reactions. She can simply pull all of the stones off of Thanos and make a necklace out of them, while also turning him to dust or space-tossing him or burying him at the center of the planet or picking him up and using him as a many-thousands-of-mach battering ram against the rest of the army. She's just massively too fast.

With Quicksilver, Jean and Magneto on the opposing team, I don't see this going too well for Thanos. Seeing as this is a scenario setting, the best thing that he can do is port away his entire team back into the Sanctuary and 'rain fire' on the mutants then drop the moon on them.