Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was dissapointed. Didn`t like it.

Thank you for your responses.
    It's weird, everything about the Grand Design production, feels, um, kind of aggressive. I hate that feeling. Like I've got the wrong thing in my hands...and before it was wrong...I wasn't even thinking about my hands.

Holding the first volume at the book store and tuning back in a crowded aisle to see a little boy wide eyed in the children's lit section and then following his eyes to the upper shelves (my shoulder height, his maybe tip-toes height) where the over-sized books are displayed front cover out...and this kid is looking at titles with fantastic pictures I've never read nor seen nor thought to pick up...like they're classics...and I just...I don't need to be told about the X-Men, my X-Men, my wayward homeward classiX, not like this, I guess...it's fine...but it's also...oddly mean, and I don't think it knows how I feel or cares.

So in the store last night, that little boy, I don't know if the kid was even browsing. Or if he was there at all like I remember him now. He may have had nothing in mind but the looking, the taking it in, and the places he took it.

Behind him were the endless tomes of Manga, neatly aligned and in perfect order...I just left the store, into the rain...careful to put Grand Design back on the shelf face out like it was before I picked it up.

Thinking again about how maybe I really ought to try Hellboy. Those new omnibus editions. I've never even read a single Hellboy comic.
    They had all 6 volumes. Bottom shelf.

Thanks again everybody.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-07-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Thank you for your responses.
    It's weird, everything about the Grand Design production, feels, um, kind of aggressive. I hate that feeling. Like I've got the wrong thing in my hands...and before it was wrong...I wasn't even thinking about my hands.

Holding the first volume at the book store and tuning back in a crowded aisle to see a little boy wide eyed in the children's lit section and then following his eyes to the upper shelves (my shoulder height, his maybe tip-toes height) where the over-sized books are displayed front cover out...and this kid is looking at titles with fantastic pictures I've never read nor seen nor thought to pick up...like they're classics...and I just...I don't need to be told about the X-Men, my X-Men, my wayward homeward classiX, not like this, I guess...it's fine...but it's also...oddly mean, and I don't think it knows how I feel or cares.

So in the store last night, that little boy, I don't know if the kid was even browsing. Or if he was there at all like I remember him now. He may have had nothing in mind but the looking, the taking it in, and the places he took it.

Behind him were the endless tomes of Manga, neatly aligned and in perfect order...I just left the store, into the rain...careful to put Grand Design back on the shelf face out like it was before I picked it up.

Thinking again about how maybe I really ought to try Hellboy. Those new omnibus editions. I've never even read a single Hellboy comic.
    They had all 6 volumes. Bottom shelf.

Thanks again everybody.
    Sorry, was going to warn you about the metaphysical book store boy who may have been real or a projection of one’s inner child/super ego, but it was my tram stop so had to post and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Sorry, was going to warn you about the metaphysical book store boy who may have been real or a projection of one’s inner child/super ego, but it was my tram stop so had to post and run.
    lol

thanks Mr Cochese
    Last edited by sungila; 11-07-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

A couple questions
    1. Is grand design canon?
    2. mimic is a mutant?
    3. Changling is not a mutant but a android now?
    4. Moira was taking care of legion when the O5 start
    5. Banshee was helping the x-men unofficially
    6. Forge built the black wing and other stuff for the x-men since the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    A couple questions
    1. Is grand design canon?
    2. mimic is a mutant?
    3. Changling is not a mutant but a android now?
    4. Moira was taking care of legion when the O5 start
    5. Banshee was helping the x-men unofficially
    6. Forge built the black wing and other stuff for the x-men since the beginning
    No, it's not canon. It is its own thing.

Not originally, Mimic was a mutate. Various stories over the years have gone back and forth as to whether he is or not.

Changeling was a mutant, and was killed in mainline continuity. He was retooled as Morph in the 90's show, and retooled again as Morph in the AoA and Exiles.

No, Legion, David Haller, was being taken care of by his mother, Gabrielle Haller, in Israel, when Charles formed the 05. She did call Moria for help when his powers were getting too much, who then referred her to Charles, which was the first time he realized he had a son with Gabrielle, as she had kept the pregnancy and birth of the child secret from him, as he had violated her mind while she was unconscious(in order to bring her out of a coma).

Banshee joined the team overtly in Giant Size #1 and traveled with the team until he injured his voice stopping Moses Magnum from sinking Japan. He retired to heal up, and has briefly rejoined the team here and there since.

No. Forge did not do that in main continuity. Forge was working for DARPA for many years, and had his own technology business. He really only started working directly with the X-Men when his invention was used to attack Rogue and Storm, actually stripping Storm of her powers for a while. I don't think he met Charles until the latter portion of the Claremont run, when the X-Men saved him in Shi'Ar space. Charles used his own military industrial contacts(he was in the Army at one point, and his father before him was a military scientist) to supply the advanced tech initially, including all the aircraft. Eventually Forge did start making tech for the team, but really only briefly(like maybe, 1990-1992), before leaving the X-Men to be with Mystique and X-Factor after breaking up with Ororo. HoX/PoX retconned Forge advancing Cerebro technology with Shi'Ar technology to achieve the current 'psyche backup feature' used in the resurrection protocols, although the timing is unclear(it would seem that it is somewhere around when they met in Claremont canon, after Charles returns to earth/before Forge leaves for X-Factor, so like, 1990/91 real-time, but the resurrection of mutants that died before that makes this timing unclear).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

FC0FBD5E-29A6-43F0-A04C-09F2A086BE9E.jpg

I do love this version of changlinge and the character as a android makes more sense

Astonishing Member

I didnt like the costume inconsistencies like Rogue, Scott and Jean in their Jim lee costumes during the 80s issues era as far back as pre mutant massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I didnt like the costume inconsistencies like Rogue, Scott and Jean in their Jim lee costumes during the 80s issues era as far back as pre mutant massacre.
    The first 2 issues are gold tho

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    The first 2 issues are gold tho
    Reworking the awkward, inconsistent silver age stuff wasn't horrible, but once he started trying to redo Claremont's run it went off the rails completely.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!