Thread: Lois Lane #5

Default Lois Lane #5

Lois Lane #5 - standard cover

Lois Lane #5 - variant cover

Just bought it.

What does everyone think?

Always Rakzo

Decent issue. Once again, the highlight is the dynamic between the characters is the highlight, particularly the conversations between Lois and Renee who act like old friends (despite that they supposedly just know each other for a while... and Renee kinda hits on her). Plus, the political commentary is not as blunt as previous made it seem.

Not a lot of plot progression but decent enough moments. Nice art too. Hope the next one offers more revelations.

This was really good. I also appreciate the press questions it brings up here, as well as defining for people what press terms like "off the record" (should) mean.

I'm going to be pretty sad when this ends, because the writing and characters are just fantastic. Really digging this!

That variant cover, though... not liking that at all. The main cover image show a tough-as-nails journalist.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It was alright, admittedly I gota kind of bored with the interviewing parts, which was most of the issue. I suppose I care about Lois's personal life than that. Also I hope with the 2nd arc, the question gets less focus, it's weird how much time she is taking in the book. I know it's because DC wants to have some action in the issue, but hopefully we can at least get a different hero sowing up.

Giving what I've read about how the various journalists working with Snowden and wikileaks worked, I must say that both Lois and Perry are behaving extremely naïvely. Like talking openly about highly sensitive information and whistleblowers on the phone.

I also like that it that Rucka presents the Question—and thus also Batman—as working in a grey moral area. Better if they didn't use torture at all, but at least it's not presented as a "good" or even "necessary" thing.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Giving what I've read about how the various journalists working with Snowden and wikileaks worked, I must say that both Lois and Perry are behaving extremely naïvely. Like talking openly about highly sensitive information and whistleblowers on the phone.

I also like that it that Rucka presents the Question—and thus also Batman—as working in a grey moral area. Better if they didn't use torture at all, but at least it's not presented as a "good" or even "necessary" thing.
    I let the Lois/Perry thing slide just for comic constraints - since they only have so much time, they want to show character as well as give info and they have to cut corners somewhere for space. But I definitely agree in general.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I am loving this series. Having two strong female characters is very refreshing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I really think Renee and Lois complement each other really well, surprised how much I’m enjoying seeing them work together.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This one was kind of slow. For a series that's already moving at a snail's pace to begin with.I don't feel like we learned anything new other than what certain news terms mean.
    Assassinate Putin!

I started reading this series digitally on a whim and after the first two issues was really drawn in and thought it was a really refreshing and fun series, pleasantly surprised, so much so that I added the print issue to my weekly print buys with this issue. I was a little let down with this, it wasn't bad just kind of meh coming off of the first four issues, one of those 'bridge' issues necessary to get to the next thing but with little actually going on. I look forward to the next issue in any case.