Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default WW page by Xermanico in Green Lantern: Blackstars #2

She's got the sword and looks to be about to take out a satyr on one page in the preview.

Even though "hack" "chop" "kill" Wonder Woman is not my favorite, I just have to say that his art *looks* *so* *good*, and in this image, especially the perspective. And if you scroll through the whole preview, you can also see the pencils.

I wish he could stay on WW!
    Last edited by Frank; 11-06-2019 at 02:41 PM.

I keep wondering: Why is this guy not a SUPERSTAR yet?!?

The quality is certainly there. I just wish more people would appreciate it and give his artwork all the recognition and buzz it deserves.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not too bothered by her being stab happy considering the context and all the Earth's heroes are going to OOC. Morrison has more than enough good will to go there with Batman and Superman, and regardless of what one feels about Earth One, his Wonder Woman wouldn't be doing this under normal circumstances either. it may be a bit of a "Take That!" to the current trend of putting a sword in her hand.

Like the art from Xermanico. He was the only consistently good artist in the Wilson run.

Excellent...I need more Murder Woman!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I don't like it, his style isn't crisp or clean enough for me

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't like it, his style isn't crisp or clean enough for me

Same here. Diana doesn't look very attractive in this piece.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Because there wasn't enough whining about Wonder Woman using lethal force some times from writers and fans.

I just find this rich given Morrison's knee jerk reaction to BvS Diana using a sword yet his take on a solo Wonder Woman book was a thousand times more offensive to the character and feminism than anything seen in BvS or most of what's been done with Diana outside of Azzarello and Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Because there wasn't enough whining about Wonder Woman using lethal force some times from writers and fans.

I just find this rich given Morrison's knee jerk reaction to BvS Diana using a sword yet his take on a solo Wonder Woman book was a thousand times more offensive to the character and feminism than anything seen in BvS or most of what's been done with Diana outside of Azzarello and Miller.
    I'd still take Morrison's Diana and her world over Wilson and Robinson any day of the week.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd still take Morrison's Diana and her world over Wilson and Robinson any day of the week.
    You should be so lucky. Earth:1 is a damn good Wonder Woman book as far as I’m concerned, can’t wait for chapter 3

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    You should be so lucky. Earth:1 is a damn good Wonder Woman book as far as I’m concerned, can’t wait for chapter 3
    Me too. Warts and all (and in fairness, there are definitely warts or at least half developed ideas that need more space).

They also look better in comparison to the main book considering the timing of when each came out. First came out while we were in the middle of the Finch run. Second came out either during Robinson or Wilson. It's not as good as Rucka's run (either of them), but certainly better than anything else we've gotten recently.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Me too. Warts and all (and in fairness, there are definitely warts or at least half developed ideas that need more space).

They also look better in comparison to the main book considering the timing of when each came out. First came out while we were in the middle of the Finch run. Second came out either during Robinson or Wilson. It's not as good as Rucka's run (either of them), but certainly better than anything else we've gotten recently.
    I’ve read and reread chapter 1&2 and I’m still not completely sure what Morrison is getting at, tbh I don’t know what to make of some his ideas, they kinda strike me as half-baked but I actually like that about WW:Earth-1, it’s a very nice change of pace from the ubiquitous woke politics in entertainment. Plus the artwork is exquisite

I’ve read and reread chapter 1&2 and I’m still not completely sure what Morrison is getting at, tbh I don’t know what to make of some his ideas, they kinda strike me as half-baked but I actually like that about WW:Earth-1, it’s a very nice change of pace from the ubiquitous woke politics in entertainment. Plus the artwork is exquisite
    Wonder Woman: Earth One is politically woke too, hence normal sized Dr. Psycho, body positive Beth Candy, A.A. Steve, the Amazons' conversion therapy of the Uberfraulein not working and the constant questioning of their ideals and methods. It's all in how you look at it, which makes it great along with the glorious art.

Wonder Woman: Earth One is politically woke too, hence normal sized Dr. Psycho, body positive Beth Candy, A.A. Steve, the Amazons' conversion therapy of the Uberfraulein not working and the constant questioning of their ideals and methods. It's all in how you look at it, which makes it great along with the glorious art.
    part of the problem may be, while he's not wrong to question the themes of the Golden Age comics, there isn't much space to really explore what the Amazons (and Marston) were doing right. I think there are too many ideas squeezed into too little space. I know the idea would terrify some, but a longer ongoing run would give this more space. I'd certainly prefer it to the non-Rucka stuff we've gotten recently.

it wins for Etta, Psycho and Paula though. And Diana is fun. I love the little "Serious? Not me!" moment when she rescues Psycho.

Morrison does revisit those old GA themes with a bit of a modern sensibility but he’s never dogmatic about it, it’s all a bit ambiguous and open to interpretation. He didn’t race bend Steve just to meet a diversity quota, and I think a dwarf just wouldn’t be as a effective as a PUA, I don’t believe “ableism” factored into it. WW:Earth-1 is also not particularly woke in how it handles body-positivity

Morrison does revisit those old GA themes with a bit of a modern sensibility but he’s never dogmatic about it, it’s all a bit ambiguous and open to interpretation. He didn’t race bend Steve just to meet a diversity quota, and I think a dwarf just wouldn’t be as a effective as a PUA, I don’t believe “ableism” factored into it. WW:Earth-1 is also not particularly woke in how it handles body-positivity
    Like I said it's all in how you look at it, I'm as liberal as can be and just fine with his take so far.