Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Speaking of the assassination by Taskmaster, what do we make of that last scene where it is pretty graphic that Doom took a fatal shot to the head? Is this Mephisto's opening move and is it all part of an illusion or did it really happen? At first I would think that no shot to the head should penetrate Doom's armor. But then we don't know much about that mask/helmet that Morgan "found" ....or did she or an accomplice create it? As much as I like their scenes together I think we can be a little suspicious of her (if it is her) at this point. Except she did seem genuinely shocked in that last panel. I like that Cantwell has put on lot on our plates to ponder until next month.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-09-2019 at 11:06 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Yes Doom's armor has been a little too porous of late. That's twice he's been shot in two issues! I like the idea that the mask that Morgan found may not be up to standards, but as I said in the appreciation thread I'm more concerned about how Doom is so unguarded of late. He seems a little too obsessed with this potential future or alternate Doom. Giving his current situation, he seems to be pursuing this at the risk of all else. Usually Doom has a back-up to a back-up plan.

I did like the popular culture references though. And the art is wonderful, let's hope Sal stays on for the duration.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Solid issue, with that last panel giving us that "not everything is as it looks". It was rather jarring for me to see Morgan blended in so well to 21st Century New York, with nary a trace of her roots in her speech and dress; but then she has to be adaptable to survive, I guess.

A quick note, Doom also appears, and the Symkaria/Latveria tensions are a plot point, in Amazing Spider-Man #33, which starts the 2099 event that includes Doom and Doom 2099.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Doctor Doom have been a interesting read,as somebody that have not read much of the Infamous Iron Man run or many of the other super heroes stories featuring Doctor Doom i did not knew what a ongoing comic book of him would be.
    Firstly the art is great,Salvador Larroca being the artist of this comic book is awesome.
    The story is interesting so far,but lacks a definition of who the Antagonist of this comic book are,after alll the next story will be already the third story of this comic book.
    So Doctor Doom is a comic book that is a tad disapointing in the story but in the illustrations makes this a comic book i will keep on collecting.

iMan 42s

It could be that the mask was pulled from a Doombot given that while Victor can use them, we know they aren't as durable as Victor's own gear but it is better than nothing.

Victor's own armor couldn't at the time stand up to a hit by the Hulk causing brain damage so it's not out of the realm of possibility it could be damaged. A faulty mask, Victor not being prepared, stripped of most of his defensive equipment, and with something like a bullet going at him with enough force could do that. If it was known which helmet this was I'd be mad, but Morgan is specifics she's not sure of where it came from. For all we know it could belong to a Doom fan who made their own mask.

There's a thought, do people in Latveria cosplay Doctor Doom?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It could be that the mask was pulled from a Doombot given that while Victor can use them, we know they aren't as durable as Victor's own gear but it is better than nothing.

Victor's own armor couldn't at the time stand up to a hit by the Hulk causing brain damage so it's not out of the realm of possibility it could be damaged. A faulty mask, Victor not being prepared, stripped of most of his defensive equipment, and with something like a bullet going at him with enough force could do that. If it was known which helmet this was I'd be mad, but Morgan is specifics she's not sure of where it came from. For all we know it could belong to a Doom fan who made their own mask.

There's a thought, do people in Latveria cosplay Doctor Doom?
    I can see the costplay part forbidden because just Doom is Doom.

But maybe the Doombot option, not all the Doombots are supposed to be a perfect imitation of Doom some had been show to broke pretty easy.

Also we are talking of Taskmaster, he surely is using "normal" munition, but something close to adamantium bullets or alike.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I can see the costplay part forbidden because just Doom is Doom.

But maybe the Doombot option, not all the Doombots are supposed to be a perfect imitation of Doom some had been show to broke pretty easy.

Also we are talking of Taskmaster, he surely is using "normal" munition, but something close to adamantium bullets or alike.
    Or maybe Taskmaster used some kind of energy blaster but the path of it was narrow, like a laser.