Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1296

Congregation is not the same thing as segregation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I thought this needed to be quoted because a few in the back didn't hear it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    there's no way this idea hasn't been touched on once in the past 80ish pages lol but I just happened across this classic and it was too much of a coincidence for me to not tack it haphazardly onto your idea

IMG_5426.jpg

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah, definitely a possibility and yet like Ferro said, I find it more exciting walking this tightrope.
    I just find it funny some posters on here are seemingly showing frustration with the humans’ stubbornness and persecution of mutants, and ask how can the mutants can save themselves more, when really, as I’ve mentioned before, it all goes back to how the writers play things out.

Also, if it turns into a full-scale battle rather than a meaningfully insightful look at Xavier’s dream of peaceful coexistence-existence, then we’d probably just go back to square one, regardless of how interesting and exciting and violent the fight itself turns out.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 06-15-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    common sense?
    And people whose only interaction with a minority group is what a biased news source reports, I'd wager they arent in any danger from said minority lol

Welllll considering pre decimation the mutant population was 16 million and 16 million is .22% of the worlds population. Over 90% of the 616 are Humans...
    Sooooooooo since the mutant pop hasnt reached pre decimation numbers yet, I'd say its preeeety slim
    lol
    Soooooooo head canon. Okay. Cool.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

[QUOTE=Ichijinijisanji;5009643]
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

whatever stories we've seen so far.
    Humans are more likely to be killed by supervillain of the day, who're usually human or extraterrestrial . Magneto was the most prominent human killing mutant villain, and he hasn't been that since the 80s.
    There's some random blips where a random mutant loses control, but they're few and far in between, like the 1001 issue (not all that different from starbrand tbh)
    Are they random blips though? Since the 1980’s, what percentage of 1616 books fall under the X banner vs non X banner. And what percentage of the villains in these books are mutants? And what percentage of those battled had human lives caught in the crossfire? I don’t know the answer to these questions, but I do suspect the overall effect is more than “a few random blips”.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    we have like 20 40 super villains on krakoa and over 200 000 thousand everyone else that are inocent civilians, I think that's a pretty good compromise.
    You're statements still make no sense steel and your arguments are always poisoned by a clear need to be contrarian and dislike over a bunch of titles you are probably not even reading, you move the goal posts, make wild statements and assumptions over stuff that really isnt stated or even shown on page, or intrepert them in such an extreme way it make's me think you look at windmills and see a dragon like don quixote.
    Give it a rest buddy because this gig isnt that interesting since your arguments are repetitive, cyclic and easy to unravel.

We get it, you dislike media spicier than a saltless cracker and im not even sure what you like about the x-men since you never, ever ever ever talk about them in a positive fashion on the x-books forum, but I will assume it's x-men TAS, but please come up with something else.
    Wait. Aren’t you the poster that goes on and on about...

1) Wanda being irredeemable
    2) The X-Universe should be officially separated from the rest of the Marvel Universe

I don’t agree with those opinions, but I can respect them. But good god man! Your tirades on these topics are just as repetitive and cyclical as anyone else’s here. To put it another way, give it a rest buddy; we get it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    there's no way this idea hasn't been touched on once in the past 80ish pages lol but I just happened across this classic and it was too much of a coincidence for me to not tack it haphazardly onto your idea

IMG_5426.jpg
    What's being omitted here is that in the real world all countries have tourists and expats from all races, and nationalities - not so with Krakoa. And this is world with more species than human and mutants, which is ignored because everyone must not question Krakoa. Or the fact not all humans hate mutants, but they aren't allowed in because of their race. So if Moira had remained human she wouldn't be allowed on Krakoa or be involved with their government.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Shaw Sr. aka That Piece of ****.
    PSLSKDHDJDH it’s true tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    not all humans
    lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Wait. Aren’t you the poster that goes on and on about...

1) Wanda being irredeemable
    2) The X-Universe should be officially separated from the rest of the Marvel Universe

I don’t agree with those opinions, but I can respect them. But good god man! Your tirades on these topics are just as repetitive and cyclical as anyone else’s here. To put it another way, give it a rest buddy; we get it.
    The thing is you are right, but I only bring up said cyclical tirades or arguments on its proper spot, so whenever wanda is brought up or whenever a thread asks for controversial takes or opinions where it's fitting or just in the x-books forums.

But im not on wanda thread doing said tirades and the rest of my posting is normal discussion on the x-forums, im calling out a person that posts nothing but constant negativity and derrailing without even a shred of positivity or even basic non derrivative discussion , because I can't even tell if said poster even likes a single part of the franchise they constantly post on about, at a point you start to assume they don't even read said titles and just get the basic facts to complain about them.

BANNED

What's being omitted here is that in the real world all countries have tourists and expats from all races, and nationalities - not so with Krakoa. And this is world with more species than human and mutants, which is ignored because everyone must not question Krakoa. Or the fact not all humans hate mutants, but they aren't allowed in because of their race. So if Moira had remained human she wouldn't be allowed on Krakoa or be involved with their government.
    Because krakoa is a nascent state that was already atacked by terrorists so it cannot afford the security issues that tourists present since at any time any one can actually be a new type of omega sentinel? and you being offened at people that arent allowed in a tiny island when they have the rest of the world is exactly what the comic ilustrates,wich is ironic beyond belief.

It's literaly the entitlement many opressed minorities that aren't welcome into major spaces suffer, create their own ones, then are accused of being exclusivist and elitistic, then said priveledged majority that cant handle the fact just this one small thing isn't cattered to them, quickly invade said space, you know what happens next?
    Gentrification, erasure, apropriation and then expulsion.
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-15-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    we have like 20 40 super villains on krakoa and over 200 000 thousand everyone else that are inocent civilians, I think that's a pretty good compromise.
    Did you forget all it takes is one to destroy Krakoa? Selene and Apocalypse could do this on their own, and that's not getting into the terrorists groups like the Brotherhood or Marauders. They're not ordinary people, they're super-villains who take down entire X-mean teams. All of those innocent civilians are potential victims, and we know these mutants are ok attacking and killing other mutants.

You're statements still make no sense steel and your arguments are always poisoned by a clear need to be contrarian and dislike over a bunch of titles you are probably not even reading, you move the goal posts, make wild statements and assumptions over stuff that really isnt stated or even shown on page, or intrepert them in such an extreme way it make's me think you look at windmills and see a dragon like don quixote.
    They make sense, you're willingly ignoring it to keep up whatever narrative you want to believe. I do like the titles, and the direction Hickman's taking the brand, however, that's not the same as agreeing with everything they do. When I watch Braking Bad I don't agree with everything Walter White does because he's a dangerous criminal. I'm not the one who moves the goal posts, let's have examples of these "wild statements," and of course I'm making assumptions on things we all are. It's part of what makes it exciting reading comics. Hickman's X-men is an extreme direction which will get an extreme reaction, the X-men embracing being a military junta will get that sort of response. Not everything must be stated to be wrong, Hickman is great with subtlety and if you know what to look for you can see where he's going and we have interviews he's made, too.

Give it a rest buddy because this gig isnt that interesting since your arguments are repetitive, cyclic and easy to unravel.
    You haven't unraveled anything. It's repetitive since what I say gets ignored and it's not the arguments I'm arguing against aren't less stagnant because they never change, either. Question authority, don't agree simply because they say things you like, in real life or a comic book.

We get it, you dislike media spicier than a saltless cracker and im not even sure what you like about the x-men since you never, ever ever ever talk about them in a positive fashion on the x-books forum, but I will assume it's x-men TAS, but please come up with something else.
    Wrong. It's bizarre why you're failing to grasp that I don't have to agree with what the characters are doing to like the series they're in, they're not the same thing. I like "spicy" media, like Breaking Bad, Hannibal and The Sopranos. Hickman's X-men, too. I have spoken positively about it, this gets ignored. It's the X Forum, a forum for X-men fans - which I am. I've bought up the comics I've read about the X-men I've read before, except acknowledging that would mean I have credibility about what I speak. Stop gatekeeping. The X-men are far more than Hickman's X-men and X-men TAS. I implore you to read more rather than acting like Hickman being the only authority on the X-men. He knows this, that's why his run is heavily mining other runs and putting his own spin on them. All good creators do this.

By something else you mean "agree with everyone else," "copy the popular sentiment," "don't question anything" and "Krakoa must be right."

Shogo and Kyle live on Krakoa. Forge's colleague was allowed to come on the island and he now lives in an habitat.

You forget they're only some months old and they have already had terrorist attacks by humans, you don't open your country to tourism when that happens.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Also, I recall the human leaders being suspicious of Krakoa out of thinking the mutants, at least mutant villains, are coming up with nefarious plans rather than feeling excluded. I suppose Hickman writing the mutants acting that the world is theirs as godly inheritors stirred the pot quite a bit, as if Hickman is calling back to Magneto’s ego slaveowning complex from the early days.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 06-16-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Also, I recall the human leaders being suspicious of Krakoa out of thinking the mutants, at least mutant villains, are coming up with nefarious plans rather than feeling excluded. I suppose Hickman writing the mutants acting that the world is theirs as inheritors stirs pot quite a bit.
    Some of those suspicious humans leaders are deep into Sentinel programs or are having children kidnapped and turned into supersoldiers so...