Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1296
    Astonishing Member

That says Jamie was just born ‘wrong.’lol

Coven Akkaba, Apocalypse says himself in issue he like two or three, that the coven were his human servants, who he rejected because even though they followed him and had magic, they were still human and wouldn’t be ‘spared’ in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That says Jamie was just born ‘wrong.’lol
    yeah i saw that...Yet popularity rarely has precedence over role birth orderJamie wasn't the one destined to rule yet it can't be denied his father was to produce an order an heir to the otherworld kingdom and he comes from the same king making spit as Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Coven Akkaba, Apocalypse says himself in issue he like two or three, that the coven were his human servants, who he rejected because even though they followed him and had magic, they were still human and wouldn’t be ‘spared’ in the end.
    Yes if they're serving a mutant hell bent on the idea of his race proving their strength to survive then becoming convinced they're magic was equal to mutant powers what'd they expect to happen??
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Jamie rules Avalon, not Otherworld, just for the record. What may come of that we shall see but •-[A]-• has said he wants no war with Saturnyne.
    It's my understanding that Avalon is Otherworld

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No. Avalon is but one part of Otherworld.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No. Avalon is but one part of Otherworld.
    Okay. I'll run with that. In fact I do believe I'll be able to post a map of Avalon/Otherworld a few minutes.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-29-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Here's the one given to us in Excal #6:

So a lot depends on what Jamie does.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    yeah i saw that...Yet popularity rarely has precedence over role birth orderJamie wasn't the one destined to rule yet it can't be denied his father was to produce an order an heir to the otherworld kingdom and he comes from the same king making spit as Brian
    Yes if they're serving a mutant hell bent on the idea of his race proving their strength to survive then becoming convinced they're magic was equal to mutant powers what'd they expect to happen??
    Eh, not really the point...it just kept getting repeated that Coven akkaba rejected apocalypse and drive him out, and it’s it true, it was the other way around.

Astonishing Member

Soooo you think Betsy woulda let her brother continue to be Le Fays plaything? Nah they woulda butted heads regardless. Jamie's not been terrorizing the locals yet + he's more the rightful ruler anyway
    Have you read anything with Jaime Braddock in it? He's a monster. Betsy isn't interested in that sort of authority, which is what Apocalypse counted on, so she reluctantly went along with it. Perhaps, but Apocalypse exploited that for his own political gain and betrayed Excalibur in the process.

Apocalypse didn't bother trying to do that with Brian or Betsy. This isn't about anything for Apocalypse then getting a puppet and he respects Jaime's power since he's a nightmare to fight. Why would you prefer him over his siblings?

Right, so why aren't Krakoa putting him on trial for betraying them rather than being taken advantage of? Xavier's supposed to be smart.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 07-02-2020 at 09:37 PM.

To be completely honest, I think mutants are a pretty poor allegory for oppressed groups. People of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, women, and other such groups aren't inherently dangerous, and hating or fearing them is completely unjustifiable.

But fearing a mutant? That's understandable.

I mean, just imagine having to send your child to a school with a kid that drools acid, or having to go to work with somebody that fires destructive energy beams out of their eyes uncontrollably, or hearing that a mutant with the ability to create explosions is working at your local gas station.

Mutants are an inherently dangerous species, and the denizens of the Marvel Universe are right to fear them; though I'll admit that the level of hatred and dehumanization mutants receive is largely unwarranted.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    To be completely honest, I think mutants are a pretty poor allegory for oppressed groups. People of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, women, and other such groups aren't inherently dangerous, and hating or fearing them is completely unjustifiable.

I mean, just imagine having to send your child to a school with a kid that drools acid, or having to go to work with somebody that fires destructive energy beams out of their eyes uncontrollably, or hearing that a mutant with the ability to create explosions is working at your local gas station.

Mutants are an inherently dangerous species, and the denizens of the Marvel Universe are right to fear them; though I'll admit that the level of hatred and dehumanization mutants receive is largely unwarranted.
    The differentiation should not be between mutants and humans, but between mutants and metahumans.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And we've circled right back to where we started...as was inevitable.

The allegory itself is not very important...and given how much times have changed since the Claremont days...probably even less so...but it's how the various writers employ it to tell their specific story.
    As with Xavier's Dream...it has had to evolve to suit the time and the writers and the audience.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The differentiation should not be between mutants and humans, but between mutants and metahumans.
    Yes, since across the Marvel Universe as a whole, mutants are no more dangerous to the general public than superhumans who gained their powers through other means or methods, and while mutants are the ones hyper-scrutinized, condemned, and demonized by humankind, even many of the more trusted and respected superheroes have proven to be potentially incredibly dangerous to the very humans they champion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And we've circled right back to where we started...as was inevitable.

The allegory itself is not very important...and given how much times have changed since the Claremont days...probably even less so...but it's how the various writers employ it to tell their specific story.
    As with Xavier's Dream...it has had to evolve to suit the time and the writers and the audience.
    I don't see how Xavier embarking mutant supremacy evolves his dream, him joining the Brotherhood just makes him another villain and encourages the mutants who have sabotaged his efforts to create peace with humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes, since across the Marvel Universe as a whole, mutants are no more dangerous to the general public than superhumans who gained their powers through other means or methods, and while mutants are the ones hyper-scrutinized, condemned, and demonized by humankind, even many of the more trusted and respected superheroes have proven to be potentially incredibly dangerous to the very humans they champion.
    Exactly, racist hypocrisy is to hate, for example, Nightcrawler and not Reed Richards.