Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Reads like internalized racist propaganda to me.

The black man with their "Superior" bodies will one day try to rule over us.

Right now they are the minority but they will take our women and breed with them and try to become the majority.

The white man as we know it will go extinct as these "mutants" spread upon our lands.
    lol sooo much Yup!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    In studying history, as least as far as I've observed, I've noticed that hatred against smaller groups comes more from the fear that the groups are conspiring/will make society morally worse and hurt more people, like the assumption and fear that "witches" will cause demonic acts at Salem in the 1600s, the assumption and fear that blacks and Native Americas are "savages that will rape our white women and murder others" in the 1800s and 1900s, the assumption and fear that Japanese citizens in America were conspiring to bomb more places in the 1940s, the assumption and fear that communist spies will give crucial info to the Soviets in the 1950s, and so on and so forth. It's one of those reasons why I personally think that X-Men really doesn't work as an allegory to real life minorities despite what some people tell me, and that it's perhaps best done and analyzed with actual minorities instead of mutants. Minorities in real life aren't looking to "evolutionarily" replace others and I get the feeling that most haters today aren't oppressing them for that assumed reason either.
    Errrr pretty much been my learning experience that the fear of being overrun was the lead reasoning behind most modern mass killings.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I'm not saying X-Men can't be inspired by reality, but at the same time, I suppose there has to come a point of considering the possibility of X-Men being written so far from reality to the point that "allegory" isn't the best word to use anymore.
    Hmmm Xmen are being written pretty realistically to me....and especially their detractors/hatas

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    And in the current status quo, its explicitly the goal of Krakoa to outbreed and replace the rest of humanity.
    Ugh Dude NO. Its. Not.

that kind of skews the metaphor. I've said before that having Xavier basic say the racists are right is not a great look.
    What exactly would be right about what the racist are saying? That mutants are replacing them? Should mutants not make more mutants so the racists can feel more comfortable? How is it not a "great look?" for racists to be be replaced?
    GrindrStone(D)

I always feel that the replacement argument is too silly because there is no way that humanity can avoid that conclusion.

It doesnt matter that you forbid mutants to reproduce, humans themselves are probably the biggest source of mutants, most mutants also look like humans so you can, at least, identify with them.

I can see the argument if every mutant would have a fly head, i mean, it would be horrifying, even if they are breed from humans but the way is presented, the replace argument feels weak.

The fear of mutants should always focus in their powers. In second, fear the ones who doesnt look like a normal human. It would be interesting seeing humans having more fear for some types of mutants than others, creating layers of racism "well at least look human"

Something like that happen in House of M, if im not mistaken, between mutants themselves, when Storm called out Magneto hypocrisy in television because all powerfull positions in the goverment and tv programs where reserved for mutants who look like humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I always feel that the replacement argument is too silly because there is no way that humanity can avoid that conclusion.

It doesnt matter that you forbid mutants to reproduce, humans themselves are probably the biggest source of mutants, most mutants also look like humans so you can, at least, identify with them.

I can see the argument if every mutant would have a fly head, i mean, it would be horrifying, even if they are breed from humans but the way is presented, the replace argument feels weak.

The fear of mutants should always focus in their powers. In second, fear the ones who doesnt look like a normal human. It would be interesting seeing humans having more fear for some types of mutants than others, creating layers of racism "well at least look human"

Something like that happen in House of M, if im not mistaken, between mutants themselves, when Storm called out Magneto hypocrisy in television because all powerfull positions in the goverment and tv programs where reserved for mutants who look like humans.
    Besides powers, the fear of mutants has probably also its origin in the fact that two non-mutants can create a mutant, it certainly looks like a curse: a person that looks like different from his both parents…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Besides powers, the fear of mutants has probably also its origin in the fact that two non-mutants can create a mutant, it certainly looks like a curse: a person that looks like different from his both parents…
    right now that "fear" is outdated. We have screeming prengacy test, if the humans didnt want a mutant baby they could do they same that is being done right now with the down syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    right now that "fear" is outdated. We have screeming prengacy test, if the humans didnt want a mutant baby they could do they same that is being done right now with the down syndrome.
    Errrr still not 100% considered ethical...
    GrindrStone(D)

It can be another narrative and it would not be too hard to imagine something like that (works better than the replace thing). Can see that especially if the baby doesnt look human, if not, and the power awakes in teenage years, i dont know. It seems that mutants are eventually going to outnumbered the normal humans, at some point, birth rates are going to be really high.

At the same time, a curse works better when something is very uncommon, thats why i think it would work better with mutants like Nightcrawler or Beast.

BANNED

It can be another narrative and it would not be too hard to imagine something like that (works better than the replace thing). Can see that especially if the baby doesnt look human, if not, and the power awakes in teenage years, i dont know. It seems that mutants are eventually going to outnumbered the normal humans, at some point, birth rates are going to be really high.

At the same time, a curse works better when something is very uncommon, thats why i think it would work better with mutants like Nightcrawler or Beast.
    Right now I wouldnt make many sense that they outnumber humans. they are less than the 1% of the population and that after Sinister, Rasputin, Destiny and many other ancient mutants made great efforts to diseminate the X-gene as much as possible and force the activation of mutants . Right now with the current situation of mutants insolated once all inactive X-genes in humans linages are active and move on Krakoa the humans shouldnt produce more mutants .

I hope that will be explored in the issue with the Children of the Vault, they are another possible outcome of the humanity

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I have gotten the feeling that the humans are being written as if they're still in 1964, when Magneto not only wanted to conquer the humans, but also be a slaveowner of them as well. I suppose that if the hate from humans will be explored if only for the understanding on how to better prevent hate from future generations, then perhaps it's best to write it by modern standards, and the intricacies that can be involved in a complicated subject whose history shouldn't be oversimplified, not by 1964 standards.

Right now I wouldnt make many sense that they outnumber humans. they are less than the 1% of the population and that after Sinister, Rasputin, Destiny and many other ancient mutants made great efforts to diseminate the X-gene as much as possible and force the activation of mutants . Right now with the current situation of mutants insolated once all inactive X-genes in humans linages are active and move on Krakoa the humans shouldnt produce more mutants .

I hope that will be explored in the issue with the Children of the Vault, they are another possible outcome of the humanity
    I was refering to the idea that in twenty years the mutants will outnumber the humans.

In present day of course, it doesnt make sense that the mutants would be the mayority of the planet, that being said, i dont really think that all posible mutants are in Krakoa and can only be born in Krakoa.

At the moment its some mutants who are saying they aren't human. Its always been an argument in-series. Usually the bad guys would say things like "We're not human! We are better! We are the future! We are HOMO SUPERIOR!" And the good guys would say that no, we're still human. We just look a little different from you. Or something like that. Saying that mutants are just humans and normal people shouldn't be worried about them while at the same time talking about homo superior sounds like trying to have your cake and eat it too. That's more to do with inconsistent writing over the years though.

Its a silly argument to say mutants are inevitably going overtake normal humans. Not even a few months prior in-universe they were on the verge of extinction. Everything unique about a mutant can be taken away with the prick of a needle. There's a reason mutants are gone or barely mentioned in most future scenarios in Marvel. To say nothing about how drastically that would effect the rest of the Marvel comics line.

Xavier LITERALLY declared to the entire world that mutants are the future and are going to replace normal humans! There have been KKK rallies in my hometown where the speakers have declared that they won't let Jews and Black replace white people. When I say 'don't make the racists right', that's what I'm talking about.

At the moment its some mutants who are saying they aren't human. Its always been an argument in-series. Usually the bad guys would say things like "We're not human! We are better! We are the future! We are HOMO SUPERIOR!" And the good guys would say that no, we're still human. We just look a little different from you. Or something like that. Saying that mutants are just humans and normal people shouldn't be worried about them while at the same time talking about homo superior sounds like trying to have your cake and eat it too.
    I think the only people making that distinction devoid of irony with a strictly negative spin are theb616 humans and a few posters

Xavier LITERALLY declared to the entire world that mutants are the future and are going to replace normal humans! There have been KKK rallies in my hometown where the speakers have declared that they won't let Jews and Black replace white people. When I say 'don't make the racists right', that's what I'm talking about.
    I just can't hmmmm still hard Time seeing the connection I can't seem to look past the similarities of The Racists and the Racists pol
    GrindrStone(D)

At the moment its some mutants who are saying they aren't human. Its always been an argument in-series. Usually the bad guys would say things like "We're not human! We are better! We are the future! We are HOMO SUPERIOR!" And the good guys would say that no, we're still human. We just look a little different from you. Or something like that. Saying that mutants are just humans and normal people shouldn't be worried about them while at the same time talking about homo superior sounds like trying to have your cake and eat it too. That's more to do with inconsistent writing over the years though.

Its a silly argument to say mutants are inevitably going overtake normal humans. Not even a few months prior in-universe they were on the verge of extinction. Everything unique about a mutant can be taken away with the prick of a needle. There's a reason mutants are gone or barely mentioned in most future scenarios in Marvel. To say nothing about how drastically that would effect the rest of the Marvel comics line.

But why did he say that? What is the purpose?
    He didn't speak as a scientist, a demographer in a lecture.
    If he wanted the 'humans' to be wary of the mutants, he wouldn't have talked differently…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I remember a story when a father killed her daughter after Jean Grey has been trying to convince the parents to let the girl go with her… How do the humans feel about the mutants is less known than the reverse… They are not the 'heroes' (main characters) of the stories. The most insane rumors could have been spread like in real life on internet.

I remember a story when a father killed her daughter after Jean Grey has been trying to convince the parents to let the girl go with her… How do the humans feel about the mutants is less known than the reverse… They are not the 'heroes' (main characters) of the stories. The most insane rumors could have been spread like in real life on internet.
    Well he killed his daughter kiiiiinda easy to gauge That dudes particular feelings towards mutants :/
    But If you're letting rumors have any say in whether you kill someone... you've already have strong Negative feelings about that someone.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You guys are going to have to make up your minds because people LOVE saying that mutants are HUMAN. If mutants are human they are really replacing anything are they? So which one is it because when it is talk about people are quick to say Mutants are humans and you guys to seem to forget that. Now when people want to sell panic and omg at mutants being the remaining ones on earth it is a bad thing when Mutants are humans.

Just because you guys are throwing out the scary keywords REPLACE and DOMINION doesn't make it a scary thing. The science of the universe is Mutant is what next line and if it is not artificially interrupt that is what is going to happen. It is going to happen because mutants and humans are going to intersect and become ONE and slowly humans will disappear into the mutants species. No ethnic cleansing needed where you have to kill off a bunch of humans. They are human carriers of the X-gene that is going to keep on spreading that is why mutants will replace humanity in Marvel.

If they aren't some group of humans who goes "I don't think X-gene should be allowed to be spread" then is what is going to happen without Magneto and Xavier plan to speed up that process. You guys are trying to sell like the mutant point of view is wrong. Humans have to KILL out mutants to stop this process, Mutants don't have kill ONE person to accomplish all mutants on planet .Please explain to me how you guys are trying to sell mutants as the bad guys?
    I'll be honest, I never had an issue with whether or not humans are going to be replaced or not: I just take issue with the drastic othering mutants (who are still human) seem to be doing. Because, yeah, mutants are still human; they are of the same family branch. They shouldn't have to other themselves and doing so just seems hypocritical. Now pride in themselves and powers? Totally different--yes, they should be able to do and feel that, but that doesn't mean that they have to tear others down to build themselves up.

That's the issue I take with this whole thing.

(Also, to be clear; I don't think they're 'the bad guys.' I just think they're being a bit short-sighted at best and arseholes at worst.)