Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You're joking right?

Magneto should have been imprisoned a thousand times over given his numerous actions. Scott, Alex, Ilyana and Emma were jailed then escaped and are now running free as if nothing happened. Ironically they were jailed for things they did under a corruptive influence but there's plenty Emma has in her ledger that should have her sitting in a cell for the remainder of her days.

The people who died when Emma and the Hellfire Club tampered with the Phoenix blows anything Hulk did out of the water.
    Scott and Emma broke out of jail, and were hunted by both the X-Men and SHIELD until he died. It isn't like they were allowed to just stroll around. Alex was jailed in a concentration camp, and was in there until he was liberated, then died.

And if Emma should be jail, the majority of the Avengers should be in there too.

If you're going to count the D'Bari against Emma, then Tony Stark's personal kill count is hundreds of times hers. How many Incursions did the Illuminati destroy? It was more than a 100, so that's around 600 billion people Stark and Illuminati killed.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Scott and Emma broke out of jail, and were hunted by both the X-Men and SHIELD until he died. It isn't like they were allowed to just stroll around. Alex was jailed in a concentration camp, and was in there until he was liberated, then died.

And if Emma should be jail, the majority of the Avengers should be in there too.

If you're going to count the D'Bari against Emma, then Tony Stark's personal kill count is hundreds of times hers. How many Incursions did the Illuminati destroy? It was more than a 100, so that's around 600 billion people Stark and Illuminati killed.
    Emma had a level of malice that none of the Illuminati (except maybe Namor) possessed.

Don't you think that Avengers books would have a heart attack if they got an opportunity for having Storm or Cyclops as members? The only reason we don't get more X-Men become Avengers is because the X-Office holds tight and never lets go.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 11-11-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Storm was an Avenger, for like...5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You are making even less sense now. But to use your logic.

Reed Richards, Val, Richards, Dr. Doom, an experiment gone wrong can kill far more people than 99% of mutants.

Captain Marvel, Blue Marvel, Monica Rambou, Human Torch, can lose control of their powers and can do more devastation than 99% of mutants.

Captain America, Spiderman, Thing, can easily lose control and snap the neck of people or kill a large number of people.

Thor, Hercules, Odin, could easily do a level of devastation 99% of mutants could never do.

It isn't fear of powers or getting hurt that the marvel u in canon is afraid of. It is fear of the other.

Just recently Captain Marvel's own comic proved this point. When they thought she was a human who got her powers via accident they all loved Captain Marvel. But as soon as they found out she was Alien and thus "other" the Marvel U turned on her.
    All the characters that you have cited are closer to mutants than to normal people.

The fact that humans are not afraid of doom or asgardians but are afraid of mutants almost exclusively is another problem of the narrative in the Marvel Universe.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Don't you think that Avengers books would have a heart attack if they got an opportunity for having Storm or Cyclops as members? The only reason we don't get more X-Men become Avengers is because the X-Office holds tight and never lets go.
    And that's made all the more bizarre considering how Beast was on the Avengers for a considerable amount of time.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

616 humans are morons.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    616 humans are morons.
    I'm finding trouble differentiating them with real-world humans, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    All the characters that you have cited are closer to mutants than to normal people.

The fact that humans are not afraid of doom or asgardians but are afraid of mutants almost exclusively is another problem of the narrative in the Marvel Universe.
    I definitely got that sort of feeling from X-Factor #1 (1986), in which Angel calls out to Mr. Fantastic at an airport, and it's framed as if the other people there berate Angel for being a freak with weird powers, but not Mr. Fantastic himself even though he stretches right in front of them.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Can only blame writing in a scene like that, with 616 humans being narratively shoehorned into acting like the Buff Clan from "Ideon."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I definitely got that sort of feeling from X-Factor #1 (1986), in which Angel calls out to Mr. Fantastic at an airport, and it's framed as if the other people there berate Angel for being a freak with weird powers, but not Mr. Fantastic himself even though he stretches right in front of them.

At least Reed defended Warren from that jerk throwing the bottle at him. This is the solidarity I was speaking of and looking for when it comes to nonmutant superhumans and mutants.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least Reed defended Warren from that jerk throwing the bottle at him. This is the solidarity I was speaking of and looking for when it comes to nonmutant superhumans and mutants.
    I wonder if Cyclops gently calling out Sue's "mutate privilige" is foreshadowing for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I wonder if Cyclops gently calling out Sue's "mutate privilige" is foreshadowing for that.
    Would be nice if that were the case. Technically, mutants and nonmutant superhumans alike stemmed from Celestial interference with early humanity's development, only mutants don't need external triggers the way nonmutant superhumans do, not to mention that events like Civil War and even Days of Future Past demonstrated that it wouldn't take much for the public to turn on anyone and everyone with powers, so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, and I suppose some credit could be given to J. Jonah Jameson for speaking against Bastion for Operation: Zero Tolerance in Uncanny X-Men #346 (1997).

Last edited by Electricmastro; 11-12-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yeah, and I suppose some credit could be given to J. Jonah Jameson for speaking against Bastion for Operation: Zero Tolerance in Uncanny X-Men #346 (1997).

That was a great one. While Jameson has historically been especially distrustful, if not flat-out hateful and slanderous, of Spider-Man and suspicious of (costumed) superhumans as a whole, he's at least principled enough not to get in bed with those who would trample on the civil and human rights of other people for the sake of an agenda.