Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That's not what powerpax was saying. He was saying that Banner gets lighter treatment than if he was a mutant. It doesn't really get much harsher than assassination.
    I honestly don't know what your points are here.
    That if hulk had been a mutant his whole family woulda been targeted
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Powerpax didn't say that. Also, I'm pretty sure that if your human, the mutant hunters will ignore you unless you get in your way.

I wonder how many humans died as collateral damage from Thor going berserker rage, Iron man and Reed's tech being stolen. Buildings falling when the FF faught. Captain America leading Hydra. Dr. Strange spells going wrong.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I wonder how many humans died as collateral damage from Thor going berserker rage, Iron man and Reed's tech being stolen. Buildings falling when the FF faught. Captain America leading Hydra. Dr. Strange spells going wrong.
    And that's why the SHRA was a thing.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 11-10-2019 at 01:46 PM.

And that's why the SHRA was a thing. A thing that mutants hated.
    No they hated it because it targeted them. Not all super humans were super heroes causing collateral damage. 99% of mutants were not out there trying to be heroes and save the world they were just trying to live their life but because they had super powers they could have been targeted or drafted which we have already seen in the marvel u they were being targeted without such a list existing. It would have made more sense if it was a super hero registration act that governed heroes going out there and saving the world rather than being vigilantes. If that were the case i would not have personally had a problem with X-men trying to save the world registering and i doubt they would have.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

No they hated it because it targeted them. Not all super humans were super heroes causing collateral damage. 99% of mutants were not out there trying to be heroes and save the world they were just trying to live their life but because they had super powers they could have been targeted or drafted which we have already seen in the marvel u they were being targeted without such a list existing. It would have made more sense if it was a super hero registration act that governed heroes going out there and saving the world rather than being vigilantes. If that were the case i would not have personally had a problem with X-men trying to save the world registering and i doubt they would have.
    If you had powers, you were required to register or go to jail, whether you were a mutant or not.

If you had powers, you were required to register or go to jail, whether you were a mutant or not.
    But it also provided the goverment that has been trying to kill mutants with a list of the mutant names. It also allowed the government to monitor them and they could not use their powers without first being sanctioned to do so meaning that in effect they were policing mutants. Where is the human registration act?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

You are making even less sense now. But to use your logic.

Reed Richards, Val, Richards, Dr. Doom, an experiment gone wrong can kill far more people than 99% of mutants.

Captain Marvel, Blue Marvel, Monica Rambou, Human Torch, can lose control of their powers and can do more devastation than 99% of mutants.

Captain America, Spiderman, Thing, can easily lose control and snap the neck of people or kill a large number of people.

Thor, Hercules, Odin, could easily do a level of devastation 99% of mutants could never do.

It isn't fear of powers or getting hurt that the marvel u in canon is afraid of. It is fear of the other.
    Human Torch scorched Earth Empire University.
    Speedball blew up an entire town and killed his teammates.
    Starbrand destroyed a school.
    Reed Richards built a robot Thor that killed Black Goliath.
    Carnage is having a field say now.

Only 2 went to jail.
    Speedball started Civil War.

Excluding the Gods-how many were born like that? Someone or some thing gave them those powers.

The fear is you have a group born like that versus gaining those powers.

With the question of what caused it. Was it the Tuskgee experiment that made Eli Bradley's grandfather Captain America? Was it dumping toxic junk in the hood like we saw make Rage? Was it bad water in the hood that makes up 90% of the Detroit population. Was it inbreeding that The Wrong Turn franchise is famous for? Was it animal bites that have a legion of Spider-Man running around?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Claremont's. CC started the whole civil rights metaphor. That was never Stan's or Jack's intention for the book.

And, by this, I'm not saying they should do away with it, just that people should give credit where credit is due.
    Interesting to me that you say that, because many others had made it known to me of things like the Professor X/Martin Luther King and Magneto/Malcolm X comparisons and the Sentinels directly showcasing the dangers and consequences of prejudice-driven fanatics that assume whom are the ones denouncing evil in the first place (like in issue 16) serve as evidence enough that Claremont didn't start all of that. Despite what they say though, I definitely agree that Claremont should still receive a considerable amount of credit.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 11-10-2019 at 01:59 PM.

But it also provided the goverment that has been trying to kill mutants with a list of the mutant names. It also allowed the government to monitor them and they could not use their powers without first being sanctioned to do so meaning that in effect they were policing mutants. Where is the human registration act?
    All the human superheroes were being monitored, had a list of names, and could not use powers without being sanctioned to.

Also, there is a human registration act, it's called "social security".

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Human Torch scorched Earth Empire University.
    Speedball blew up an entire town and killed his teammates.
    Starbrand destroyed a school.
    Reed Richards built a robot Thor that killed Black Goliath.
    Carnage is having a field say now.

Only 2 went to jail.
    Speedball started Civil War.

Excluding the Gods-how many were born like that? Someone or some thing gave them those powers.

The fear is you have a group born like that versus gaining those powers.

With the question of what caused it. Was it the Tuskgee experiment that made Eli Bradley's grandfather Captain America? Was it dumping toxic junk in the hood like we saw make Rage? Was it bad water in the hood that makes up 90% of the Detroit population. Was it inbreeding that The Wrong Turn franchise is famous for? Was it animal bites that have a legion of Spider-Man running around?
    The group who gain their powers isn't a identified group, they are individuals.
    You see regularly destruction on TV, you don't care if the people who have caused this are mutants or not, you just want to be safe.
    Maybe ordinary people just think they are all mutants…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Interesting to me that you say that, because many others had made it known to me of things like the Professor X/Martin Luther King and Magneto/Malcolm X comparisons and the Sentinels directly showcasing the dangers and consequences of prejudice-driven fanatics that assume whom are the ones denouncing evil in the first place (like in issue 16) serve as evidence enough that Claremont didn't start all of that. Despite what they say though, I definitely agree that Claremont should still receive a considerable amount of credit.

That is untrue Stan himself said that it was based on it so unless we calling Stan Lee a liar.

https://www.history.com/news/stan-le...ts-inspiration
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...erview-754889/
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think the main thing was Stan was doing it as a metaphor specifically for racism rather than minorities in general. He also said that he never intended for Iceman to be gay, for instance.

All the human superheroes were being monitored, had a list of names, and could not use powers without being sanctioned to.

Also, there is a human registration act, it's called "social security".
    LOL that last line actually made me laugh out loud.

I think marvel should introduce human collars so if they have intent on doing any sort of mass destruction or gain a weapon of mass destruction which is easy in the mu and tend to use it, they can be shut down remotely. I mean if it works for mutants.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Not to mention whoever hung around him. In this case Jim Wilson and we all know who his Uncle and father are. A guy working for the military and Cap America's partner and Avenger.

I am sure Damage Control can tell you. Since they clean up the mess those guys caused.

Every hero or those with powers had to apply. Human or mutant. Also whose to say they were not monitoring guys like Black Panther? Namor? Guys with kingdoms.

Seeing that even mutants have to registrar to drive cars, vote, attend colleges and so on-I am sure the government has a list of most of them.