Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That's not what powerpax was saying. He was saying that Banner gets lighter treatment than if he was a mutant. It doesn't really get much harsher than assassination.
    The assassination Banner himself engineered?

He was also an active, feted Avenger not long ago and a govt-sponsored superscientist a la Reed Richards in PAD's last run. All this post-World War Hulk. Don't think he won't be again someday. How many bites have mutants gotten from the same apple?
    Last edited by powerpax; 11-10-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The assassination Banner himself engineered?

He was also an active, feted Avenger not long ago and a govt-sponsored superscientist a la Reed Richards in PAD's last run. All this post-World War Hulk. Don't think he won't be again someday. How many bites have mutants gotten from the same apple?

Wolverine's been an Avenger in spite of all the people he's killed. Beast's been an Avenger longer than that. We had the Uncanny Avengers. Not their fault that the first run was by a guy who thinks mutants SHOULD be controlled for the sake of society.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 11-10-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I like how fan reaction to the resurrection protocols parallel general public desensitization to the deaths of black and brown people.
    Nope. I see the resurrection protocols and the wide array of mutants becoming heroes, with the exception of Sinister, and perhaps Mystique(who I find easily fits in a grey area), to appease fans who want other X-Men to be highlighted than the usuals like Wolverine, the original 5 X-Men, Storm, and etc...

i want to see Mimic and Synch be brought into the spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lol i didn't feel sorry for her at all. I was thinking omg, she is crying because her husband killed himself while on a space station creating weapons to kill unsuspecting mutant women and children. That would be like me feeling sorry for the Charlottesville driver because his wife(if that was the case, it didn't actually happen. just to be clear.) chose to be in the passenger seat with him while he ran people down and she died on impact and he was crying over it. Its like "okay..."
    I said that they're being PORTRAYED sympathetically. Not that they are actually sympathetic. There is a difference, subtle as it is.

I mean, previously, the most we got was, what, "my abusive father was ugly, therefore all mutants must be deported in spite of no mutant country existing, grr"?

I mean, previously, the most we got was, what, "my abusive father was ugly, therefore all mutants must be deported in spite of no mutant country existing, grr"?
    that's code
    For what those In The biz call 'sent to the gas Chamber'
    GrindrStone(D)

I said that they're being PORTRAYED sympathetically. Not that they are actually sympathetic. There is a difference, subtle as it is.

How is it more sympathetic? Her murderer husband was killed and she wanted revenge because the people he was trying to murder showed up to stop their plans and he killed himself. I don't see the sympathetic portrayal. She's a hypocrite and a drama queen who lacks empathy. Very selfish.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    that's code
    For what those In The biz call 'sent to the gas Chamber'
    I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a parallel to the current immigration crisis, which is more of a "not getting medical care" type of deaths.

How is it more sympathetic? Her murderer husband was killed and she wanted revenge because the people he was trying to murder showed up to stop their plans and he killed himself. I don't see the sympathetic portrayal. She's a hypocrite and a drama queen who lacks empathy. Very selfish.
    The fact that they're being portrayed as human as opposed to as robotic and lifeless as the robots they're making.

The fact that they're being portrayed as human as opposed to as robotic and lifeless as the robots they're making.
    When I think human I think empathy. She came off like a sociopath. How many father's has she taken from their children. How many husband's have her and her husband take from their wives, their mothers, people who love them. Cyclops has a father and two brothers. Just because someone can cry doesn't make them sympathetic or human.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Eva Braun reportedly cried for her mother in the bunker during the Recapture of Berlin. Doesn't mean you should sympathize with them.

I don't sympathize with them. I just prefer this over what we got before: blandness.

I don't sympathize with them. I just prefer this over what we got before: blandness.
    I don't know I rather not get into the human emotion while they try to kill innocent people and let it just be about bland anger and fear than to see this is just what the human condition is. Selfish, self absorbed, and lacking any basic moral qualities, unable to change even in the face of experiencing what you are trying to do to others. That doctor is subhuman in my opinion.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

When I think human I think empathy. She came off like a sociopath. How many father's has she taken from their children. How many husband's have her and her husband take from their wives, their mothers, people who love them. Cyclops has a father and two brothers. Just because someone can cry doesn't make them sympathetic or human.
    Technically, an author has to understand all his/her characters to be able to write them. He or she has to give a little of his/her soul to animate them. With some authors, even the villains are sympathetic or ridiculous…
    Nevertheless, personally, I find no character really sympathetic in Hickman's run…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I don't know I rather not get into the human emotion while they try to kill innocent people and let it just be about bland anger and fear than to see this is just what the human condition is. Selfish, self absorbed, and lacking any basic moral qualities, unable to change even in the face of experiencing what you are trying to do to others. That doctor is subhuman in my opinion.
    If you want that, read a Superman comic where he punches Darkseid in the face.

If you want that, read a Superman comic where he punches Darkseid in the face.
    I'd rather have the writers make a villain "evil because evil" like Darkseid, then jump through hoops to explain how this person attempting to enact genocide on an entire group of people occasionally feels sad over their family members.