Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1296
    BANNED

we have like 20 40 super villains on krakoa and over 200 000 thousand everyone else that are inocent civilians, I think that's a pretty good compromise.
    You're statements still make no sense steel and your arguments are always poisoned by a clear need to be contrarian and dislike over a bunch of titles you are probably not even reading, you move the goal posts, make wild statements and assumptions over stuff that really isnt stated or even shown on page, or intrepert them in such an extreme way it make's me think you look at windmills and see a dragon like don quixote.
    Give it a rest buddy because this gig isnt that interesting since your arguments are repetitive, cyclic and easy to unravel.

We get it, you dislike media spicier than a saltless cracker and im not even sure what you like about the x-men since you never, ever ever ever talk about them in a positive fashion on the x-books forum, but I will assume it's x-men TAS, but please come up with something else.
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-15-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They'e failed doing this in their own state, they don't have democracy and there have no counter measures to hold politicians accountable in the Quiet Council. Apocalypse abused Rogue by putting her in a magic prison and he wasn't put on trial. Xavier shrugged it off like nothing, all he was concern about was whether he was loyal to Krakoa. Krkaoa is filled with mutants with privileges and has a class system.
    Like pretty much every revolution, it seems, they start out decrying all the corruption and excess and nepotism and bias and whatever in their current form of government, overthrow it, and then promptly replace it with the same damn thing.

I think Krakoa is a fine example of why Xavier, Magneto, Sinister, Exodus, Mystique, Shaw, Apocalypse, etc. should *not* be running a country. Some are too politically naive. Some are too manipulative and self-interested. Some are just freaking nut-jobs and only there because they are too powerful and too dangerous to not be given a seat on the Council...

It also remains, like so many other mutant solutions, segregationist. Let's all go live together, far away from the other races, perhaps a nice ghetto, somewhere? It's already a terrible idea. (And, granted, NO idea is going to work, 'cause the ongoing narrative demands that mutants continue to get murdered by humans *whatever* they do. Even Mikhail Rasputin's idea of evacuating *to another dimension!* didn't save them!) It's even more of a loser when you consider that mutant children will continue to be born to human parents all over the world *and* human children will continue to be born to mutant parents. Hiding them all away on an island seems like giving the mutant-phobes exactly what they want, not to see any mutants! There should be mutants *everywhere.* Mutants on your favorite TV show. Mutants on the radio. Mutants in your class. Mutants at your job. Mutants working as cops and doctors and firefighters and crossing guards and grocery clerks and postal workers and babysitters and hairdressers and waitstaff and cab drivers and newscasters and priests and you should not be able to avoid them or forget about them or pretend they don't exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Like pretty much every revolution, it seems, they start out decrying all the corruption and excess and nepotism and bias and whatever in their current form of government, overthrow it, and then promptly replace it with the same damn thing.

I think Krakoa is a fine example of why Xavier, Magneto, Sinister, Exodus, Mystique, Shaw, Apocalypse, etc. should *not* be running a country. Some are too politically naive. Some are too manipulative and self-interested. Some are just freaking nut-jobs and only there because they are too powerful and too dangerous to not be given a seat on the Council...

It also remains, like so many other mutant solutions, segregationist. Let's all go live together, far away from the other races, perhaps a nice ghetto, somewhere? It's already a terrible idea. (And, granted, NO idea is going to work, 'cause the ongoing narrative demands that mutants continue to get murdered by humans *whatever* they do. Even Mikhail Rasputin's idea of evacuating *to another dimension!* didn't save them!) It's even more of a loser when you consider that mutant children will continue to be born to human parents all over the world *and* human children will continue to be born to mutant parents. Hiding them all away on an island seems like giving the mutant-phobes exactly what they want, not to see any mutants! There should be mutants *everywhere.* Mutants on your favorite TV show. Mutants on the radio. Mutants in your class. Mutants at your job. Mutants working as cops and doctors and firefighters and crossing guards and grocery clerks and postal workers and babysitters and hairdressers and waitstaff and cab drivers and newscasters and priests and you should not be able to avoid them or forget about them or pretend they don't exist.
    the thing is genosha, m town, or whatever, really just didnt have the amount of worldbuilding, potential and even brand strength with its striking aesthetics and symbols that krakoa posseses.
    krakoa onto itself is like a concept and a character worth exploring, wich can actually progress within its reaches as we see in X of Swords is already providing these characters with an interesting new story.
    I agree with you that it will always exist, but with krakoa you have an easier way to tell mutant stories that are more about scifi, mystery, action, fantasy etc while still being their own brand and conected universe, wich for me makes it worth keeping
    and even that conflict and chaos you mention is just really fun storyteling.
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-15-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They are hoping that such a world where there can be mutants sitting in classrooms, on your favourite tv shows, at your jobs, as Cops and as Doctors will one day exist. That has always been the case...that hope and dream of peaceful existence. One day.

However...

As the parent of a mutant child, knowing exactly how my child will be treated and/or worse, killed if I were to send them to "human school"...I will be calling Krakoa-U Administration to set up an appointment.
    As Mutant if I know that I will never be given a chance to excel at my chosen profession, to be able to do the very best I can and have that counted and appreciated then I'm moving to Krakoa where I'm sure their "ghetto" is 100% better than what my human "brethren" will afford me.

We all dream of a day of peaceful and productive existence regardless of our differences but that day is not today.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the thing is genosha, m town, or whatever, really just didnt have the amount of worldbuilding, potential and even brand strength with its striking aesthetics and symbols that krakoa posseses.
    krakoa onto itself is like a concept and a character worth exploring, wich can actually progress within its reaches as we see in X of Swords is already providing these characters with an interesting new story.
    I agree with you that it will always exist, but with krakoa you have an easier way to tell mutant stories that are more about scifi, mystery, action, fantasy etc while still being their own brand and conected universe, wich for me makes it worth keeping
    and even that conflict and chaos you mention is just really fun storyteling.
    Agreed. I think the very idea of trying to make it work with villains is showing that mutants do want unity, even if it means having to separate themselves for their safety for now. Convicted felons more often than not have a hard time being accepted as they attempt to re-enter society. The mutants are straight up trying to tackle that mostly unspoken issue.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. I think the very idea of trying to make it work with villains is showing that mutants do want unity, even if it means having to separate themselves for their safety for now. Convicted felons more often than not have a hard time being accepted as they attempt to re-enter society. The mutants are straight up trying to tackle that mostly unspoken issue.
    compromises and walking on a grey line is infinitly more interesting than purity of action .

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And any potential from that may just all go to crap if it turns out Hickman will pull a 180 by having some of the villains “reveal” their true malicious motives and the human leaders end up going to a destructive war with them. Hopefully he won’t write something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And any potential from that may just all go to crap if it turns out Hickman will pull a 180 by having some of the villains “reveal” their true malicious motives and the human leaders end up going to a destructive war with them. Hopefully he won’t write something like that.
    Yeah, definitely a possibility and yet like Ferro said, I find it more exciting walking this tightrope.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Some villains like TPoS and Sinister have already showed their true selves...to us (the readers.)

I'm not averse to this...at all.
    It could make for very interesting and poignant reading.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    compromises and walking on a grey line is infinitly more interesting than purity of action .
    can I get this tattooed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Some villains like TPoS?
    what does that stand for??

Shaw Sr. aka That Piece of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Shaw Sr. aka That Piece of ****.
    I wasn't expecting this answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I wasn't expecting this answer.
    I actually googled it so I didn't look foolish. I got "Tree Preservation Orders" which still works.

That filthy race traitor is not worthy of a name.