Default Fantastic Four VS Spiderman Villains

The Thing, Invisible Women, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch

VS

Morlun, Electro, Carnage, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Rhino, Venom, The Spot, Green Goblin,

The villains are all at their strongest and or have their strongest armor.

Bonus Round: The villains spring a surprise ambush on the fantastic four while their eating dinner.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 11-07-2019 at 06:20 AM.

None of the villains are able to get through Sue's force field, except maybe Morlun. Most of them can't fly, either. Johnny can fly straight up while Sue puts a force field around the rest of their team. Then Johnny does a nova blast. That's going to take out all of the villains except Rhino, Electro, and maybe Morlun. Thing can handle Rhino. Sue can open up a force field inside Morlun's brain. Sue can also contain Electro's energy form in a force field. She probably can't handle Morlun and Electro at the same time, but Reed and Johnny can run interference for her.

I don't think this is that easy for the Fantastic Four at all.

The Spot can create transdimensional portals across huge distances that open anywhere he chooses - which could mean in mid-air or inside Sue's shields.

In theory, a portal could therefore open on Sue's head, then Electro's energy form could emerge through it straight into Sue's brain, killing her instantly. Same could apply to forcefields she puts around her teammates.

Same could apply to Johnny while he's flying - meaning he's not truly safe from potentially any opponent while he's in the air - and then there's the fact that Green Goblin's flight capability should at least mean Johnny's briefly occupied in the air by a flying opponent.

The likes of Carnage and Venom are way faster than all of the Fantastic Four, so they're going to be hard to tag and will use up some of their time, energy and attention.

Mysterio's illusions could come into play and cause havoc.

Doc Oc at his strongest had adamantium tentacles. They are potentially very dangerous here (through a portal into a skull, for instance).

There's certainly more to this than the idea that Sue's shields and Johnny's flight guarantee a Fantastic Four victory.
    Last edited by KJS; 11-07-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I don't think this is that easy for the Fantastic Four at all.

The Spot can create transdimensional portals across huge distances that open anywhere he chooses - which could mean in mid-air or inside Sue's shields.

In theory, a portal could therefore open on Sue's head, then Electro's energy form could emerge through it straight into Sue's brain, killing her instantly. Same could apply to forcefields she puts around her teammates.

Same could apply to Johnny while he's flying - meaning he's not truly safe from potentially any opponent while he's in the air - and then there's the fact that Green Goblin's flight capability should at least mean Johnny's briefly occupied in the air by a flying opponent.

The likes of Carnage and Venom are way faster than all of the Fantastic Four, so they're going to be hard to tag and will use up some of their time, energy and attention.

Mysterio's illusions could come into play and cause havoc.

Doc Oc at his strongest had adamantium tentacles. They are potentially very dangerous here (through a portal into a skull, for instance).

There's certainly more to this than the idea that Sue's shields and Johnny's flight guarantee a Fantastic Four victory.
    I agree that the spider-villains have some devastating potential with teamwork, but I can't think of another team in the whole Marvel universe that has more experience as team than the original line-up of the Fantastic Four. I don't know if we are supposed to give much weight to teamwork in Rumbles, but if we do, the FF has it and the spider-villains don't.

It's true that Carnage and Venom have a speed advantage, but I don't know if they can close the range before Johnny is airborne. His nova blast is omni-directional, so he doesn't need to aim it and they can't dodge it in the Khazan Arena.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Carnage at least can hurl razor sharp blades from himself at will. And do it at "fast enough to tag Peter" kinds of speeds. That could get very nasty for Johnny.

Spot ought to be able to make Johnny fly right into outer space or something. He's rarely been that clever, but it's absolutely within his powerset. Or just open a spot in front of Johnny as he novas that opens up into Sue's forcefield: Johnny kills everyone in that case if he novas.

And I'm a bit leery on Sue doing anything at all to Morlun, given how tough he's been portrayed to be post his initial arc.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I’ve always thought Doc Ock working in conjunction with Spot would be a potentially devastating team-up. Multiple Adamantium arms appearing from nowhere then suddenly changing their angle of attack.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Honestly, anybody working with the Spot should be really nasty. It's the Spot himself who is pretty weaksauce, and that's just because his best general idea is "wouldn't it be funny if the hero punched himself."
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

What was the instance Sue did the bubble in the brain thing? Has she done it multiple times? Not discounting she can do it, or that's it a viable bloodlusted strategy....just doesn't seem very hero like.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I think the big problem here is that, to my recollection, the Spot is canonically a moron, at least with regards to using his powers. Wasn't he one late to a superhero meeting because he couldn't find a parking space, or something? The guy with absolutely broken portal making abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I agree that the spider
    But its not in the arena; the OP specifically says the villains ambush the F4 while theyre having dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    But its not in the arena; the OP specifically says the villains ambush the F4 while theyre having dinner.
    OP said that was for the bonus round. So far, I assume we are all talking about the initial scenario.

In an ambush scenario, I think that the spider-villains would easily win. Ambushed Sue and Johnny are defenseless and easily one-shotted. That leaves Ben and Reed against too many villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    OP said that was for the bonus round. So far, I assume we are all talking about the initial scenario.

In an ambush scenario, I think that the spider-villains would easily win. Ambushed Sue and Johnny are defenseless and easily one-shotted. That leaves Ben and Reed against too many villains.
    agreed, the element of surprise gets underestimated a lot, but it's a massive advantage. specially if the ambusher is as fast or in this case, a lot faster then you.

I don't see why Morlun and Carnage don't take them all out except Thing, in 0,4 seconds. After that it's over.

Not sure we can count this as an actual feat, but Morlun and his kin have fought and killed alternate versions of the FF (including a FF5 with spider-man)