Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Future Speculation: What will happen in ASM #50?

Hello everyone!

I am curious: I've mapped it out, and July 2020 brings us Amazing Spider-Man #50 (LG#851), which is the first Amazing Spider-Man #50 we've had since volume 2!! Since it's a special issue, what do you think will happen in the issue? Or in the future storyline?

Traditionally, issue 50 comes with a certain prestige for ASM, as the first #50 was "Spider-Man No More" and then vol. 2 #50 was "Doomed Affairs." What do you think this one will be?

The issue where we finally find out who Kindred is?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Last Remains is a Kindred event, then the reveal will happen there. #50 will be an oversized primer for the third, and probably Spencer's last or penultimate year on the book. While I don't know what subplots he has an actual endgame for, I'd imagine that by Year 3 a Peter/Kindred relationship and conflict will kick into high gear. And maybe we'll even figure out where Betty is!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Betty is probably abroad. She was mentioned in this week's issue - she's working as the Bugle's Foreign Correspondent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Betty is probably abroad. She was mentioned in this week's issue - she's working as the Bugle's Foreign Correspondent.
    Aw, hell yeah! Brant is gonna destroy Krakoa!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I wonder if there will be an ASM#50. Slott ended on #801 so Spencer’s ASM#49v.5 will be ASM #850. So maybe original numbering will be back by then. ASM#851 will be Spencer’s real legit 50th issue.

I can see allowing Spencer a run to 5o issues and then switching over but 850 sounds cooler than #50 v5.

I do think that #50 more likely than not we will find out Kindred's identity, however I'm still unsure whether Peter will find out or not. Considering that Peter still doesn't even really know that Kindred is real, just a vague dream threat, I could see them wanting to play off a Spider-Man vs. Kindred conflict threat a bit longer before he finds out who he is. I also believe we'll still have a far bit to go in terms of Spencer's story, we'll only be two years in, I believe we'll be getting at the very least a 4 year, 100 issue run, possibly even more if they all feel like it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Traditionally, issue 50 comes with a certain prestige for ASM, as the first #50 was "Spider-Man No More" and then vol. 2 #50 was "Doomed Affairs."
    If Spencer does get to write ASM#50 V. 5, it will also be the first ASM#50 since Doomed Affairs, since Slott's Vol.3 ended with ASM #20.1, and then relaunched as Worldwide (Vol. 4) which lasted until ASM#34 V.4.

So that points to Spencer writing ASM#50V.5 since that's a chance to get into the history books. And obviously the idea of doing another great story after "No more" and "Doomed Affairs" is too cool to pass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I do think that #50 more likely than not we will find out Kindred's identity, however I'm still unsure whether Peter will find out or not. Considering that Peter still doesn't even really know that Kindred is real, just a vague dream threat, I could see them wanting to play off a Spider-Man vs. Kindred conflict threat a bit longer before he finds out who he is. I also believe we'll still have a far bit to go in terms of Spencer's story, we'll only be two years in, I believe we'll be getting at the very least a 4 year, 100 issue run, possibly even more if they all feel like it.
    100 sounds plenty plausible. I'd be down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If Spencer does get to write ASM#50 V. 5, it will also be the first ASM#50 since Doomed Affairs, since Slott's Vol.3 ended with ASM #20.1, and then relaunched as Worldwide (Vol. 4) which lasted until ASM#34 V.4.

So that points to Spencer writing ASM#50V.5 since that's a chance to get into the history books. And obviously the idea of doing another great story after "No more" and "Doomed Affairs" is too cool to pass off.
    I mentioned that in the OP. :P But yes: it'll be historical as it's the first ASM 50 in about 17 years (which is really sad for Marvel honestly lol)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

And then #900 might be in late 2021 or early 2022. Jesus I'm old.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And then #900 might be in late 2021 or early 2022. Jesus I'm old.
    2022 would be perfect if they want to line it up with the 60th anniversary.

BANNED

If Spencer schoolers to stay for 7 years(Michelinie, JMS length) then he will write #1000

peter purposes to Mj while kindred identity is revealed
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    peter purposes to Mj while kindred identity is revealed
    I'd like that, actually.