Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    A Night Force book, featuring Baron Winters, Madame Xanadu and Dr. Mist leading a changing team of non-super mystics, paranormal investigators, paraspsychologists and explorers on occult missions.
    Sort of like Mission: Impossible/Suicide Squad meets Cthulhu.
    Making it back alive wouldn't always be the the best thing to happen, as mental breakdown and spiritual enslavement would be far more likely than getting physically killed.

Written by Christopher Rice (Anne Rice would be preferred, but likely way over budget).
    With art by Chris Bachalo (pencils), Bill Sienkiewicz (inks) and Dave Stewart (colors).
    I like this one. I really like the idea that the supernatural community might have all sorts of connections behind-the-scenes, and be working together to deal with issues outside of the notice of others. (Seen in the past when a bunch of disparate magicians got together in Saga of the Swamp Thing, during the 'War Between Heaven and Hell', or more recently in an Aquaman / Demon Etrigan teamup.) Marvel makes big noise about a Sorcerer Supreme, but really does little to show him coordinating with the many other magical characters, it would be fun to see DC kind of show us how it's done, by having DC's supernatural characters be more organized behind the scenes, rather than have a bunch of completely unrelated folk like Dr. Fate, each one seeming to think they are the one sole 'man on the wall' protecting everyone from various supernatural threats, when, really, they *all* do their parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like this one. I really like the idea that the supernatural community might have all sorts of connections behind-the-scenes, and be working together to deal with issues outside of the notice of others. (Seen in the past when a bunch of disparate magicians got together in Saga of the Swamp Thing, during the 'War Between Heaven and Hell', or more recently in an Aquaman / Demon Etrigan teamup.) Marvel makes big noise about a Sorcerer Supreme, but really does little to show him coordinating with the many other magical characters, it would be fun to see DC kind of show us how it's done, by having DC's supernatural characters be more organized behind the scenes, rather than have a bunch of completely unrelated folk like Dr. Fate, each one seeming to think they are the one sole 'man on the wall' protecting everyone from various supernatural threats, when, really, they *all* do their parts...
    The ending of "American Gothic" in Swamp Thing, which you mention, has been the most influential for me.
    It showed them all working behind the scenes against a threat unknown to normal people, where some didn't survive (Zatara and Sargon) and some were mentally wrecked (Mento).
    I actually prefer the low-key 'we're not having a superhero team meeting, we're just having tea' appearance that doesn't draw attention from others.

And I think these three characters (Winters, Xanadu and Mist) would work really well together.
    Winters would contribute the headquarters, a manor that can travel (in my book it would establish that the house could move between time and space, making it much like a gothic tardis.
    Xanadu would be the recruiter, using her cards to guide her in both likely candidates and ideas of the upcoming threats.
    Mist would be the leader and tactician, seeing how everything is connected.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

A Night Force book, featuring Baron Winters, Madame Xanadu and Dr. Mist leading a changing team of non-super mystics, paranormal investigators, paraspsychologists and explorers on occult missions.
    Sort of like Mission: Impossible/Suicide Squad meets Cthulhu.
    Making it back alive wouldn't always be the the best thing to happen, as mental breakdown and spiritual enslavement would be far more likely than getting physically killed.

Written by Christopher Rice (Anne Rice would be preferred, but likely way over budget).
    With art by Chris Bachalo (pencils), Bill Sienkiewicz (inks) and Dave Stewart (colors).
    Interesting idea. I'd add the Shade to the line-up.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-17-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Interesting idea. I'd add the Shade to the line-up.
    I think Shade (the Milligan/Bachalo Morrissey lookalike version) would be a good idea for a non-member. A hang-arounder that reflects the madness surrounding the manor.
    A supporting cast member that's neither a protagonist nor an antagonist.
    I'd really want to keep the core membership down to three so there would be ample room for recruits. That way if someone does bite the dust or go insane, it wouldn't be obvious of which one it would be.
    I figure each story would have three or four recruits of non-costumed people.

I think Shade (the Milligan/Bachalo Morrissey lookalike version) would be a good idea for a non-member. A hang-arounder that reflects the madness surrounding the manor.
    A supporting cast member that's neither a protagonist nor an antagonist.
    I'd really want to keep the core membership down to three so there would be ample room for recruits. That way if someone does bite the dust or go insane, it wouldn't be obvious of which one it would be.
    I figure each story would have three or four recruits of non-costumed people.
    May I ask your other ideas for recruits?

May I ask your other ideas for recruits?
    They would be just regular folks.
    Similar to the original Mission: Impossible mixed with the original Night Force concept.
    A psychologist, a paranormal investigator, a medium, a fortune teller, a parapsychologist, a scientist, a reality show host, an archaeologist, a street magician, a stage magician, a horror show host...
    Not superheroes, not supervillains... Just regular folks from the fringe professions.

For example:
    Story 1-
    Winters, Xanadu, Mist
    April Danvers - a medium with a dark secret
    Johnny Jackson - a ghost hunter that's been trying to reach his long dead twin sister
    Felicia Howards - a stage magician longing to see real magic
    Simon Green - a psychologist brought in by Winters for an unknown purpose

My idea would be to sit editorial in a meeting and properly define the concepts of magic and mysticism.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Akila

A miniseries about an Amazon scientists using her scientific skills to improve Amazon magic.

Have Enchantress and Zatanna ever interacted? I think that would make for a great book.

Have Enchantress and Zatanna ever interacted? I think that would make for a great book.
    The New52 version of Justice League Dark started off with Zatanna and the team dealing with a loony Enchantress.

Witchfire

Follows Rebecca Carstairs after her resurrection as she tries to adjust to bein g alive again.

Renee Montoya aka the Question II has to learn urban magic from Traci 13.

Mystik U should be brought back with some known characters as staff. I can see Enchantress being a teacher. She was training Warlock's Daughter in Shadowpact.

Incredible Member

Mystik U should be brought back with some known characters as staff. I can see Enchantress being a teacher. She was training Warlock's Daughter in Shadowpact.
    Unfortunately Marvel literally just started their own magic school book.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Unfortunately Marvel literally just started their own magic school book.
    I don't think that should stop DC.