Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ideas For DC Magic And Mysticism Books

Whether they be ongoings, limited series or one-shots, post ideas for what you would do or would like to see done with DC's characters of magic and myth origin.

Nubia: The Lost Amazon

Years ago, Themyscira was invaded by a race of demons from another realm. Nubia, daughter of general Philippus, was thought slain in battle but was in fact a prisoner of war. A seven issue miniseries showing Nubia's life in the demon realm, her escape, her return to the human world and adjustment to a changing Themyscira.

Anita Fite

Young Justice's voodoo practitioner stars in her own eight-issue limited series. Naturally the setting is in New Orleans and explores Anita and her connection to the Loa.

Wonder Girl

Teams Cassie Sandsmark with Lyta Milton a sorceress who is the daughter of Ares and Circe.

Acrata

Possessed of supernatural abilities granted from Mayan gods, demigod Andrea Rojas protects her people's secrets from those who would exploit them.

A Nightshade series by Marjorie Liu. See Eve finding remaining Nightshades.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

A Doctor Occult book in which the storyline from More Fun Comics #32 (June, 1938) is finished.

Tempest

A sequel to Garth's 90s miniseries which sees the return of Slizzath. Also features characters connected to Atlantis such as Arion and Lady Chian.

I wanted to do a Dr. Fate spinoff with Khalid. I'm not sure what to call it tho.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-09-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wanted to do a Dr. Fate spinoff with Khalid. I'm not surecwhat to call it tho.
    Lords of Order maybe?

A Night Force book, featuring Baron Winters, Madame Xanadu and Dr. Mist leading a changing team of non-super mystics, paranormal investigators, paraspsychologists and explorers on occult missions.
    Sort of like Mission: Impossible/Suicide Squad meets Cthulhu.
    Making it back alive wouldn't always be the the best thing to happen, as mental breakdown and spiritual enslavement would be far more likely than getting physically killed.

Written by Christopher Rice (Anne Rice would be preferred, but likely way over budget).
    With art by Chris Bachalo (pencils), Bill Sienkiewicz (inks) and Dave Stewart (colors).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Mister E. Phantom Stranger. Just so long as they aren't anywhere near the nu52 version of the Stranger series, I say surprise me on the direction/creative team.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

A Zauriel and Linda Danvers book written by either Peter David or Marjorie Liu. Zauriel would serve as Linda's mentor and partner as an angel.

Sentinels of Magic - an event series revolving around Jinx, Garth, Sebastian Faust, Lilith Clay, La Encantadora, Pia Morales, Pandora and many more sorcerers as they battle against Mordru.

Gemworld by Greg Rucka
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-10-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Reviving Saga of the Swamp Thing in the Sandman Universe with Hellblazer
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Dr.Fate training Khalid and Raven as his potential successors.

A Vixen series by N.K. Jemisin.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Zatanna, The Spectre, and Doctor Occult/Rose Psychic should have monthlies.

Hellenders: Team of demon hunters

Sojourner

Paige Braverock

Sureshot

Shock Treatment

Witchfire

Bloodwynd

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Lords of Order maybe?
    Maybe.

Another idea would be Raven at Mystic U. She's either a student or a new teacher.