Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It wasn`t good at all. Art and dialogues are bad. X-Men shouldn`t be Cyke solo or Summers family adventures.
    Did you expect it to be something different than what it was solicited as for the past four months?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It wasn`t good at all. Art and dialogues are bad. X-Men shouldn`t be Cyke solo or Summers family adventures. It contradicts what are X-Men to me.

Sad about it because I really loved HOX/POX. So far X-men for me has the lowest quality of DOX books.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    There is really no reason for only 3 people to go on this mission when Krakoa has an abundance of able bodies. Have Lorna, Monet, Mags, etc go see what's up. The mission is important enough to warrant more than 3 mutants.
    Agree on both. X-men should at aleast have a basic small roster.

Rachel is powerful, but they could hav eused more raw power

Damn really disappointed to hear this regarding this issue. I haven’t had a chance to read it but the first issue was the worst of DOX so far and from what I’ve heard this isn’t much better. I think It’s a mistake to have such a large emphasis on the summers crew. Hopefully things will pick up in a couple of issues though.

BANNED

It's what it was advertised as. Do I want that every month? No. But I liked the family interplay and I love the new lore about Arakko.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hey Dad
    Hey Son
    Hi Father
    Yes Son
    No son
    Well done son
    Good driving father
    Thanks son
    Yes son
    Well done son
    Oh father that sounds lovely
    Did I tell you about puberty son
    No father

This was so boring I never want to see these 3 characters interact ever again
    It's like we're in an Invasion of the Body Snatchers situation, yet I'm not really convinced that there's a big reveal coming to explain why everyone is so bland and out of character.

BANNED

What was bland or OOC about this? They were bantering as a family the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBonzalez View Post
    It's like we're in an Invasion of the Body Snatchers situation, yet I'm not really convinced that there's a big reveal coming to explain why everyone is so bland and out of character.
    Yeah I was in this camp initially thinking Hickman had a grander plan but it does just seem to be awful characterisation and dialogue. His Creepy Xavier and Magneto are good though.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I guess it's the way we read and interpret. I tried to read some of Rachels dialogue as sarcasm and it helped.

But yeah editorial needs to tell Hickman to write characters he doesnt have much interest in like he writes the characters he likes.

The dialogue is so weird and I cant imagine people talking like this to eachother in real life.

As annoying as this sounds. It's just too robotic. And generic.

I do like that the story moved foward and brought in a lot of things that we may have had questions about during HoXPox.
    Last edited by CGAR; 11-13-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I guess it's the way we read and interpret. I tried to read some of Rachels dialogue as sarcasm and it helped.

But yeah editorial needs to tell Hickman to write characters he doesnt have much interest in like he writes the characters he likes.

The dialogue is so weird and I cant imagine people talking like this to eachother in real life.

As annoying as this sounds. It's just to robotic. And generic.

I do like that the story moved foward and brought in a lot of things that we may have had questions about during HoXPox.
    I’d rather we not have editorial force Hickman to do anything, or we’ll slowly end up where we were before this.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I’d rather we not have editorial force Hickman to do anything, or we’ll slowly end up where we were before this.
    Ask him to write well all characters is forcing?

it is basic editing

BANNED

Not everyone dislikes how he writes these characters just because you do.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hickman's up to no good. I'll wait for the payoff.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Giving notes isnt forcing Hickman to do anything. Let's not exaggerate. And he should be able to take constructive criticism from editorial. Even if everyone thinks he's an awesome writer. (I do)

Just this X-Men series dialogue is blah. So he should fix what he can.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If the bad, shady dialogue is part of the narrative then let Hickman continue. This is just people trying to out-think J.White and Hickman again.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If the bad, shady dialogue is part of the narrative then let Hickman continue. This is just people trying to out-think J.White and Hickman again.
    Part of narrative? Like what? Hickman is doing bad dialog on purpose?