Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I agree with this. Some posters have said that Rachel saying "father" is out of character, but I don't actually know what her personality is so I'm interested to see what Hickman does here.
    I have to admit her characterization in issue 2 is of a piece with issue 1. In both she comes off "shell shocked" like a PTSD case which is fine if we go with the continuity of her having just been enslaved by Ahab again.

She reminds me of "modern Ilyanna" honestly, the version of Magik where she is very cold quiet, deranged, and creepy. While the Magik in New Mutants 1 was a lot more fun loving and extroverted.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I thought Rachel was deadpan in #1 and also deadpan in the preview. I mean, the art is super deadpan lol but I don't think I'm too off the mark?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I thought Rachel was deadpan in #1 and also deadpan in the preview. I mean, the art is super deadpan lol but I don't think I'm too off the mark?
    Maybe. I think in issue 2 she does smile once at least. In issue 1 that did not happen. Again, that's the point. With this art AND the robotic dialogue it's almost impossible to even know how to interpret scenes and characters

I had the same problem in issue 1 with Polaris-Cyclops talk. I have no earthly idea how to figure out what Polaris meant with her question to him. Because there are 0 clues given lol
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

They look more robotic than sound robotic.

BANNED

LOL Rachel isn't shellshocked. She was just bemused by Hepzibah and doing deadpan. Here she's chill.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Maybe. I think in issue 2 she does smile once at least. In issue 1 that did not happen. Again, that's the point. With this art AND the robotic dialogue it's almost impossible to even know how to interpret scenes and characters

I had the same problem in issue 1 with Polaris-Cyclops talk. I have no earthly idea how to figure out what Polaris meant with her question to him. Because there are 0 clues given lol
    I actually like Yu's art a lot, but I agree that his characters aren't expressive and that Polaris moment is a good example. I definitely get expression from the writing for some characters, like Cyclops, Magneto, Storm, and Cable but the moments where the art needs to do the expressing really become ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That bit of dialogue stood out to me but it's pretty clear that Hickman wants the Summers Clan to interact with each other on a much more familial level than in years prior. And that includes Rachel. I mean you have kid cable calling Scott dad which he definitely doesn't do on a regular basis.
    Kid Cable doing it doesn't bother me as much as OG Cable doing it would have. He's a lot closer to the age when he'd remember Scott and Jean raising him as Slim and Redd, so it doesn't seem so odd that he'd lean more into that parent-child relationship, despite being a fully capable fighter in his own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Kid Cable doing it doesn't bother me as much as OG Cable doing it would have. He's a lot closer to the age when he'd remember Scott and Jean raising him as Slim and Redd, so it doesn't seem so odd that he'd lean more into that parent-child relationship, despite being a fully capable fighter in his own right.
    That's a tough one.

While I can see what you are saying, K.C. doesn't exactly look like the Nathan that they raised.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's a tough one.

While I can see what you are saying, K.C. doesn't exactly look like the Nathan that they raised.
    He is only a teenager still though. I think.

Art is bad. Dialogue is robotic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maddie didnt rape Nate. When people mentioned rape earlier, I assumed the talk was about what she did to Alex, which yeah, could be considered that. Nate? She wasnt even real, but rather a psychic construct he created. It was not a good story angle but he bares responsibility for that "relationship". I dont think they even had sex
    She was a psionic construct that resurrected her, she was Madelyne Pryor for all intents and purposes. Even if she didn't sleep with him, she still kissed him in an inappropriate way and given that he was biologically a teenager (chronologically a toddler) and she was a grown woman, that's extremely predatory behaviour. Honestly, I get Nate outlawing sex cause of her. Plus, when she got replaced by the Red Queen, well that version of Jean/Maddie had raped several Nates and made it clear that she would do the same to our Nate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's a tough one.

He's like seven years older.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    He's only a few months older than he was in the Askani'son series I think, given that in X-Factor he'd gotten Clan Chosen up and running.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 11-08-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    He's like seven years older.
    I'd say five? He was 12 at the end of AOC&P, or maybe 13. Now I imagine he's like, 17. He gets called Kid Cable and Teen Cable, so I don't think they mean for him to be close to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'd say five? He was 12 at the end of AOC&P, or maybe 13. Now I imagine he's like, 17. He gets called Kid Cable and Teen Cable, so I don't think they mean for him to be close to 20.
    Yeah he’s 16-17. So at most it was a five year gap, least it was three.

https://twitter.com/edbrisson/status...143754754?s=21

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    X-Office saving me some cash on the wacky December 18th schedule. Thanks, guys!
    Really.
    This is the only Silver-lined, Rainbow-coloured Unicorn carrying a Pot of Gold positive to come out of this thread.
    In more relevant news...
    You can certainly see the family resemblance in the 3rd pg-4th panel. And I do appreciate the interconnectivity...it harkens back to the 'good old days'.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-08-2019 at 02:48 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

To think I was robbed of Nate Grey appearing in a scene like this...screw Age of X-man.