Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

I agree that Hickman's dialogue seems a little stiff at times but y'all are overdoing with the narrative. It's a quick mission briefing, not a longtime apart family reunion.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Kid Cable desperately needs chapstick.

Is that line about "the place we don't normally speak about" placeholder, or is Hickman just being purposefully vague?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Its weird they are pushing him hard....

Now that i think about it like 5 mins after he leaves to go back to future they can reborn old man cable
    It's simple, really: by the time they planned and begun to write these stories, they didn't know that Wifi was going to be a massive flop.

Now, of course, why did they think that a teenage Cable that appears on the scene by murdering the old one and then keeps his father as a prisoner while the X-men nearly die would be popular it's something else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's simple, really: by the time they planned and begun to write these stories, they didn't know that Wifi was going to be a massive flop.

Now, of course, why did they think that a teenage Cable that appears on the scene by murdering the old one and then keeps his father as a prisoner while the X-men nearly die would be popular it's something else.
    Its nothing old Cable wouldnt do or agree with.

Unpopular opinion, but I dont feel like they are pushing Kid Cable hard. He'll likely appear in this book just as much as anyone else not named Cyclops and Fallen Angel feels more like Kwannon's book with extras sprinkled in. All he really had was X-Force which was filler to hold us over until Hickman. Nothing about him in Dawn of X seems excessive or indicative of a hard push.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but I dont feel like they are pushing Kid Cable hard. He'll likely appear in this book just as much as anyone else not named Cyclops and Fallen Angel feels more like Kwannon's book with extras sprinkled in. All he really had was X-Force which was filler to hold us over until Hickman. Nothing about him in Dawn of X seems excessive or indicative of a hard push.
    We will have to see how this thing go on. I think having 2 books on same day give a exagerated impression

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. 101010

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I agree that Hickman's dialogue seems a little stiff at times but y'all are overdoing with the narrative. It's a quick mission briefing, not a longtime apart family reunion.
    HAHAH Yeah, i'm with you on that....

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

To be fair, this Jean gave birth to Cable. It was an alternate Jean that gave birth to Rachel.

Also, I remember Jean and Rachel reconciling at the end of Fatal Attractions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    To be fair, this Jean gave birth to Cable.
    Now THIS is Maddie erasure.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    To be fair, this Jean gave birth to Cable. It was an alternate Jean that gave birth to Rachel.

Also, I remember Jean and Rachel reconciling at the end of Fatal Attractions.
    616 Jean has never given birth

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Now THIS is Maddie erasure.
    Clone erasure is a real thing. How problematic. Though like others pointed have out going with current direction if your body is cloned and your mind/memories/essence is transferred even from a copy then it is still considered "you" which makes things more interesting concerning Jean/Phoenix/Maddie imo.

Jean does have the memories of Maddie which includes his birth.

What makes Jean his mom is where she reared him with Scott in the future, but the connection is deep considering the Maddie connection.

Ultimate Member

Jean only raised him because Marvel threw Maddie under the bus to make up for Scott's horrible actions and make Jean look good again...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Jean only raised him because Marvel threw Maddie under the bus to make up for Scott's horrible actions and make Jean look good again...
    ^ This is true. I can't wait for Maddy's triumphant return to the books. Whoever she attacks has it coming
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ^ This is true. I can't wait for Maddy's triumphant return to the books. Whoever she attacks has it coming
    LOL she was a clone, folks.