Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If the bad, shady dialogue is part of the narrative then let Hickman continue. This is just people trying to out-think J.White and Hickman again.
    The problem with that is the dialogue in the other books is not bad or shady.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

If it wasnt for the ending between two characters not on the intro page this would have been abysmal I'm warming up to this new take

I think its to emphasise that Scott is their father and they are a family so the reader doesn't forget between pages

BANNED

I just don’t think the dialogue is bad or shady, at least not per these characters. Sorry not sorry.

I liked the dialogue. The art made it look stiff.

We need a spoiler threaad

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Part of narrative? Like what? Hickman is doing bad dialog on purpose?
    This is why I stated people are trying to read Hickman's mind.

It's obvious from his other works that he can write better dialogue than whatever the hell this is and we've seen weird behaviour from the X-Men in HoX/PoX. I'm not telling you to like it but personally I'm gonna bear with it.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Hickman’s style of banter can be very dry. It’s not for everyone, I’ve known that since Avengers. But I like it. I found nothing OOC about Scott, Rachel or Teen Nate. YMMV.

Maybe they're going to reveal Rachel as a Howlett so this issues will have sinsiter undertones in retrospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is why I stated people are trying to read Hickman's mind.

It's obvious from his other works that he can write better dialogue than whatever the hell this is and we've seen weird behaviour from the X-Men in HoX/PoX. I'm not telling you to like it but personally I'm gonna bear with it.
    It could be something for sure, I have thought about this. But also:

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    The problem with that is the dialogue in the other books is not bad or shady.
    This is also a factor, other writers just have a normal dialogue.

Sometimes writers get worse on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Maybe they're going to reveal Rachel as a Howlett so this issues will have sinsiter undertones in retrospect.
    She isn't

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Hickman’s style of banter can be very dry. It’s not for everyone, I’ve known that since Avengers. But I like it. I found nothing OOC about Scott, Rachel or Teen Nate. YMMV.
    Oh its not OOC. 3 of the blandest personalities in the same scene weren t going to play of each other. Its exactly how I would imagine they interact.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Oh its not OOC. 3 of the blandest personalities in the same scene weren t going to play of each other. Its exactly how I would imagine they interact.
    Nate was fun.

Rachel being reminded on how she should use TP by a non-TP made me laugh. #poorRach

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Nate was fun.

Rachel being reminded on how she should use TP by a non-TP made me laugh. #poorRach
    I thought the Nate stuff was completely unnecessary, and as a device to spark conflict.

That was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Nate was fun.

I'm not even a big fan of Rachel but even I'm starting to feel sorry for her.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

The ending was definitely the best part. I can do without anymore Summers family outings.

I liked this issue. I thought it was fun. I didn't mind the banter between Scott and the kids. I thought Rachel was used well (power wise) but yeah it was kind of sad that Scott had to tell Rachel when to use her tp, but back in the original X-men days he did this with Jean (and the others) a lot.. .always giving them ideas of how to use their powers during a battle or whatever.

We continue to see Hickman not use the characters in major feats. He uses their powers more down to earth which I do appreciate. Rachel is the powerhouse on the team but she didn't overshadow anyone. I think this is something that will rankle a lot of fans, but they were serious about power creep and as Hickman has said recently there are too many over cooked mutants already.

It was a quick read, had some humor/quirky moments, and overall reminded me why Scott is one of my fav characters.