Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

It's surprising some of you are defending Madelyne. She literally raped Nate Grey and get this - he is literally biologically 100% her son who resurrected her because he was looking for his mother. Then there's Cable, whom she tried to sacrifice to open a portal to Limbo and rule the world with.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    It's surprising some of you are defending Madelyne. She literally raped Nate Grey and get this - he is literally biologically 100% her son who resurrected her because he was looking for his mother. Then there's Cable, whom she tried to sacrifice to open a portal to Limbo and rule the world with.
    Same reason people defend Emma unleashing Sentinels on the Inhumans, Jean nuking broccoli people, Bishop shooting Xavier in the face, Scott shooting Xavier in the face, etc...

Character assassination sucks.

Maddie didnt rape Nate. When people mentioned rape earlier, I assumed the talk was about what she did to Alex, which yeah, could be considered that. Nate? She wasnt even real, but rather a psychic construct he created. It was not a good story angle but he bares responsibility for that "relationship". I dont think they even had sex

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I sure hope Apocalypse's First Horsemen are still alive and fighting.
    I think the Horsemen are the top dogs on Arrako and might be the main antagonists of some future event. I don’t see them going back to Apocalypse after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    You have to respect her hustle.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maddie didnt rape Nate. When people mentioned rape earlier, I assumed the talk was about what she did to Alex, which yeah, could be considered that. Nate? She wasnt even real, but rather a psychic construct he created. It was not a good story angle but he bares responsibility for that "relationship". I dont think they even had sex
    I think they were referring to when she raped Scott.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

why are we even fans of anyone? why do we even read x-men comics.

Are you there Void? It's me, Strong Girl Daken.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    why are we even fans of anyone? why do we even read x-men comics.

Are you there Void? It's me, Strong Girl Daken.
    No! The Noid lurks within the void.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Two things. 1) This looks like it could be good, and I personally think the dialogue is fitting for the Summer's clan 2) get back on topic please, enough with the Jean/Emma/Flavor of the day derailing. Thanks.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I personally think the dialogue is fitting for the Summer's clan
    I mean, they are kinda weird...Hard to argue with that reasoning.

They could be those weird neighbors of Krakoa. Scott knew what he was doing when he chose the moon. It was for the sake of everyone else.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Definitely agree with people saying not only is this dialogue super robotic but the art compounds it by not showing ANY emoting or expressions on any faces. It's so strange.

I mean if that is their intended effect for this then they did a great job. But I somehow don't think it is.

That aside...

Very odd the family interactions here but I certainly appreciate it especially for Rachel's sake.

Idk if that is Arrakko or not but I agree with everyone saying it seems way too early for that yet.

I also am looking forward to some type of Neo Inferno event with Maddy returning. If it happens.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    isnt there a part of krakoa thats like a cancer or something where it doesnt know what happens there? maybe this is where the predator is from?
    The dark area on the map? I thought that was Moira's No Place base.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hickman's Cyclops is equal parts mission exposition and flat dad jokes which is perfectly fitting for the world's number one stamp collector.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Could be the art; there's little expression in the faces to go with said 'banter.' But even then it just feels really stiff; like there's no chemistry between these three other than "Hey, we're all related!"

...Actually, they all feel a little personality-less...or so similar that they come off flat...
    Yeah I'm not getting that at all Cyclops is all business when he's briefing his kids on the situation and then throws in a little "want to kill some monsters" quip. Kid cable is detailing the type of Weaponry he has and then jokes I should have brought a bigger gun where is Rachel's poking fun at the fact that Cyclops sent Doug off into the Galaxy at a time when they probably needed him the most.

Not as humorous as Marauders or New Mutants but definitely not personality less
    Last edited by loke13; 11-07-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah I'm not getting that at all Cyclops is all business when he's breathing is kids on the situation and then throws in a little want to kill some monsters quip. Kid cable is detailing the type of Weaponry he has and then jokes I should have brought a bigger gun where is Rachel's poking fun at the fact that Cyclops sent Doug off into the Galaxy at a time when they probably needed him the most.

Not as humorous as Marauders or New Mutants but definitely not personality less
    I agree with this. Some posters have said that Rachel saying "father" is out of character, but I don't actually know what her personality is so I'm interested to see what Hickman does here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I agree with this. Some posters have said that Rachel saying "father" is out of character, but I don't actually know what her personality is so I'm interested to see what Hickman does here.
    That bit of dialogue stood out to me but it's pretty clear that Hickman wants the Summers Clan to interact with each other on a much more familial level than in years prior. And that includes Rachel. I mean you have kid cable calling Scott dad which he definitely doesn't do on a regular basis.

To be honest it kind of makes me think that Hickman kind of wants to turn this summer family into the Fantastic Four version of the X-Men. They've got such a wild dysfunctional family history that is just write the Storyteller potential