Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kwannon still only has empathy and telepathy which was (1) how she was able to share the vision of Rahne's death with Wolverine in Rosen-Men and (2) why she still needs a real katana cuz her psi-dagger only does mental damage.

Betsy is the one with TP and TK.

Are you sure, she definitely looks to be full on levitating in that preview!!

EDIT-- She's definitely floating she even falls out of the air, although I wonder if Kwannon now has precognition?
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 11-08-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    That one issue of Bunncanny that Betsy spends flirting/fighting with Mystique is one of the best X-Men issues of the last 5 years and I demand a follow up on their relationship.
    I hated when Soule came and had Xavier "heal" Mystique while it had already been solved by Betsy. Same with Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hated when Soule came and had Xavier "heal" Mystique while it had already been solved by Betsy. Same with Archangel.

I can not express how incredibly disappointing that AXM run as well as that AXM annual were, Soule and Rosenberg went out of their way to casually ignore ANY developments their casts received outside of those books...shame!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    From an out of story excuse all of this might seem plausible, but in-story why would Kwannon or well anyone whose been "dead" for decade/years. Immediately return then decide to adopt the style, visuals, and costume of the woman who was essentially wearing her form?
    Scene: Betsy cleaning out her closet and holding up her bikini costume. "Ugh, so bloody happy to be rid of this". Kwannon's head pokes in from the hallway. "I'll take it!".

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    This is arguably one of Psylocke's best costumes. If they were going to use a recycled costume for Kwannon it should have been this one.
    I knooooooow!

That one issue of Bunncanny that Betsy spends flirting/fighting with Mystique is one of the best X-Men issues of the last 5 years and I demand a follow up on their relationship.
    You guys are gonna make me cry. I loved that run so so much! And that issue is my favorite issue of all time. *sad*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Although I really really dislike the art in this, I am very excited for this book and for Kwannon.

I wish thought they were a little more respectfull with us fans and tried to differenciate them both more. For exemple:

Kwannon: black hair, ninja, empath, shadow powers, low telepathy, red psychic knife, black an red costume, codename: Revanche (or something new)

Betsy: purple hair, telepath, low tk, butterfly effect, pink longsword and shield, purple and pink costume, codename : Psylocke, Captain Britain or Monarch (this would fit her so well, sadly her brother got it first)
    A picture would last longer darling...

Betsy made her less crazy but we needed an Xavier level craniotomy for that one. And she's still nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Scene: Betsy cleaning out her closet and holding up her bikini costume. "Ugh, so bloody happy to be rid of this". Kwannon's head pokes in from the hallway. "I'll take it!".

Ha!!

10characters

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I didn't know any forms of Psylocke were so popular or important that they needed not one but two books with forms of her at the forefront. Was there some Wolverine like Psylocke boom that i missed or something? This is such a exciting time for the X-Books, im just not sure how any Psylocke manage to land at the forefront of two of them. Im no trying to be mean, just seems odd.
    Like I said I don't necessarily believe both books ARE centered around "Psylockes". That's what you claimed but I'm not sure I accept it at least yet. Apocalypse in Excalibur is already at least the co main, and there's Rogue in that book as well, and Jamie Braddock.

For this book, there's X-23 and Kid Cable both of whom will likely take a lot of attention as well. So you're assuming some things.

Now of course a lot of Betsy fans replied to you but that's just her fans in reality no she is not mega popular. She is reasonably up there as a B lister though.

I just don't like it, exactly because so many characters have the TP/TK thing. They could have differentiated it a bit.
    At the very least Kwannon should employ her psychic projections differently than Betsy used to. Give her SOME uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There are five Wolverines in the XMen!
    Not quite accurate, they have differences among themselves.

Well I just want the books to remember Raven's mind shouldn't be fractured, she shouldn't be like. Uncontrollably loony etc. If they can just remember that much it'd be good
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

What in Excalibur #1 said co-main to you with Apocalypse? Was it the plot that had nothing to do with his history or family, or was it the 3 or so pages he was in? I mean yes he seem to have a part to play, but he hardly seemed like the co-main.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-08-2019 at 12:45 PM.

This looks awesome.

"Apoth" doesn't sound awesome, though, just on a sonics level. I'm sure it's sourced from apotheo, deification, and not Alexander Pope, but it just doesn't sound good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Now of course a lot of Betsy fans replied to you but that's just her fans in reality no she is not mega popular. She is reasonably up there as a B lister though.
    Haha as I play the wildly popular Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 with Storm, Logan, and Betsy on my squad.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This looks awesome.

"Apoth" doesn't sound awesome, though, just on a sonics level. I'm sure it's sourced from apotheo, deification, and not Alexander Pope, but it just doesn't sound good to me.
    It makes me think of apeth, as in “ye daft apeth!”

Haha as I play the wildly popular Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 with Storm, Logan, and Betsy on my squad.
    I play that team, with Wade as the token Y chromosome.

Wait, that doesn’t make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    This is arguably one of Psylocke's best costumes. If they were going to use a recycled costume for Kwannon it should have been this one.

Why in heaven does every good costume no matter how short the tenure are always immediately forgotten, yet a shitty one consistently makes a comeback!!!

....if anyone can't tell, I'm bitter about Jean being back in that green dress!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I recall an old "X-Men" issue where a bikini-clad Betsy comes on real strong to Cyke, then it was later revealed that she was merely spurred on by Kwannon's psyche who both felt attraction to Scott and was an old hand at seductive overtures. It would explain why she'll have no complaints with the ninja bathing suit, and revels in doing the boobs+butt pose. Sexy kunoichi archetype, from Mai Shiranui to the Taimanin Asagi Igawa.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi