Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

I'm surprised this was good

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    X-23 not being characterized on Krakoa the way you wanted her to be is not by definition bad characterization though. It’s one thing if you wanted her to rebel against this new nation, but the books never promised you that she would do that. You just wanted her to.
    It is character regression

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    At the very least ignores a lot of her recent characterization altogether (IE the whole casual clone resurrection is directly opposed to her most recent solo series, where she was specifically trying to STOP the creation of any more clones). And it's yet ANOTHER character with close ties to non-mutant friends and/or family whose close ties pretty much have to be ignored for the whole Krakoa premise to work. Never mind she's on MULTIPLE occasions told either the X-Men or Avengers where to stick it over the exact sort of "Us vs. Them" mentality Krakoa is built on.

Also, Laura being casually down with Kwannon wanting to kill people is at odds with her more recent position. Even where people hurting children are concerned (IE Captain Ash and her pirates) she held back from killing anything human/sentient.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-13-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Fantastic Member

Didn’t have much expectations from this book. I was blown away. The art and the storyline were impressive. I’m
    Surprise it turned out one of the best lines to come out of Dawn of X.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Didn’t have much expectations from this book. I was blown away. The art and the storyline were impressive. I’m
    Surprise it turned out one of the best lines to come out of Dawn of X.
    Me too. I was shocked how good a read this was (and what a dud X-Men was).

Theres some really funny lines of dialogue in this. Art was great and so is the set up and array pf satellite characters. Very interesting and will continue reading.

I thought I was going to hate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    At the very least ignores a lot of her recent characterization altogether (IE the whole casual clone resurrection is directly opposed to her most recent solo series, where she was specifically trying to STOP the creation of any more clones). And it's yet ANOTHER character with close ties to non-mutant friends and/or family whose close ties pretty much have to be ignored for the whole Krakoa premise to work. Never mind she's on MULTIPLE occasions told either the X-Men or Avengers where to stick it over the exact sort of "Us vs. Them" mentality Krakoa is built on.

Also, Laura being casually down with Kwannon wanting to kill people is at odds with her more recent position. Even where people hurting children are concerned (IE Captain Ash and her pirates) she held back from killing anything human/sentient.
    Yeah its like the book ignored all her recent characterization without giving any justificative.

BANNED

How is it character regression? Because no, I do not believe Laura would instinctively reject Krakoa because of the resurrection protocols. The poster you are quoting is entitled to believe that. I don’t.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Bling! for sure and if I remember correctly it will be Husk. So it will basically become an all-except-one chicks book.
    I personally don’t think they’re the best choices for this particular book but I’m open to it. I love the thumbnail character sketch of Bling (I am not using the exclamation point, sorry) but virtually any time I’ve seen her in sustained action she’s annoyed me. We’ll see.

I enjoyed the issue a lot. I saw mixed reactions on twitter, but I think it is best to always check books out for yourself and not to be informed by the opinions of others. I'm surprised we do not have a spoiler thread yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I enjoyed the issue a lot. I saw mixed reactions on twitter, but I think it is best to always check books out for yourself and not to be informed by the opinions of others. I'm surprised we do not have a spoiler thread yet.
    If Twitter doesn’t like this it has no taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That doesn't excuse bad characterization.
    You’re basing how Laura would feel on a warped understanding of the resurrection process we were given. She wouldn’t rebel for something that isn’t happening (which you insist is clone murder) therefore what would be bothering her is her inability to ever chill. Something I thought Tamaki’s run kind of captured neatly is that she’s always doing a mission because there’s always an injustice happening somewhere that needs her attention so for all that to come to a relatively neckbreak-paced halt is jarring for a lot of the soldiers and predators of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    They slobbered over Rosencanny each week so make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    How is it character regression? Because no, I do not believe Laura would instinctively reject Krakoa because of the resurrection protocols. The poster you are quoting is entitled to believe that. I don’t.
    I have some doubts about that, but Laura should be questioning the ressurrection mode.
    Also there i smore things that regress the character

BANNED

Also there i smore things that regress the character
    Like what?

Fantastic Member

laura's "safe is lame" motivation is kind of flat to me.